Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Knox is an easy extension. Developing a TE takes a lot of time. The only question is when. Knox might think he can put up bigger numbers. 

Poyer and Edmunds are the likely players to be traded or UFA’s.

Knox is likely to get $13M+

Wouldn't say that's easy with all the money we are giving out

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Knox is an easy extension. Developing a TE takes a lot of time. The only question is when. Knox might think he can put up bigger numbers. 

Poyer and Edmunds are the likely players to be traded or UFA’s.

Agreed.

It seems unlikely they’d draft a developmental guy like Knox at a position that takes a while to develop anyway, take the time to develop him into a top 10 TE, then let him walk. He wants to be here, too. 

ILB and SS seem like more replaceable positions to me in today’s NFL than a potentially elite tight end. I know Poyer is elite, but McDermott has shown a strong aptitude for developing safeties.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Re-signing Diggs likely means that one -- if not two -- of Knox, Edmunds, and Poyer will not be re-signed.

Given age and recent safety prospect visits, I'd list Poyer as the MOST likely not to be here in 2023.

I'm not commenting on that decision one way or the other. I love Jordan Poyer. Most underrated safety in the NFL. I'm just recognizing the reality that you can't pay everybody, and that a 32 year old safety seems like a logical choice to let walk after the season.

Sadly, I agree.  Looking like Poyers last shot at winning a title in Buffalo unless he’s willing to take a big pay cut.  

His wife:

Oh Hell No Girlfriends GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Knox is likely to get $13M+

Wouldn't say that's easy with all the money we are giving out

I think you've got to find a way.  It takes a long time to develop TE's.  If we move off Edmunds & Poyer, that probably allows us to get it done. 

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Re-signing Diggs likely means that one -- if not two -- of Knox, Edmunds, and Poyer will not be re-signed.

Given age and recent safety prospect visits, I'd list Poyer as the MOST likely not to be here in 2023.

I'm not commenting on that decision one way or the other. I love Jordan Poyer. Most underrated safety in the NFL. I'm just recognizing the reality that you can't pay everybody, and that a 32 year old safety seems like a logical choice to let walk after the season.

Diggs, done. Knox, Davis, and Oliver next.

Bye, Edmunds and Poyer, and likely Hyde the year after.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Diggs, done. Knox, Davis, and Oliver next.

Bye, Edmunds and Poyer, and likely Hyde the year after.

Hyde is likely here 2 years. I don’t see any room for Edmunds now. Those fans calling for him to be moved are about to be very happy.

I want the Bills and Beane to be smart and trade Edmunds now to ge value. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just feel if the Bills wanted to sign him at his price they would’ve already. No?

I think it's his age (he's going to be 32 going in to 2023).  Both safeties at 32 in this league - I mean it's time to start considering the back up plan and asking how much longer before Poyer AND Hyde hit a wall.  

You're asking the wrong guy when it comes to this teams 2020-2021 defenses.  I think they benefitted from horrific competition.  I actually think coaching has gotten the most out of that secondary and more.  All credit to them and the players sure.  A closer look tho there are enough "we could move on" red flags for me specifically the secondary. 

Pass D - they were terrible in the 2nd half vs the Titans.  Was that Julio's only good game?  And Tannehill's?  They were whipped by Brady.  They got beat by Mahomes (I know they beat them badly way back in week 4 of the season.)  

I can't think of another decent QB they played and limited since 2019.  Goff came back on them.  Wilson was good against them.  Murray was the talk of the NFL after that fluke play but we still let him and their O play well.  Lamar in the playoffs - Ravens pass O is trash and that game was in 30 mph winds.   

Beane agrees he replaced the entire D line and drafted 2 DEs back to back in 2021.  And we can't argue "better pass rush" would make them better because we do manage to get pressure.  

I'm looking at that secondary in at least 2 of the first 4 rounds.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hyde is likely here 2 years. I don’t see any room for Edmunds now. Those fans calling for him to be moved are about to be very happy.

I want the Bills and Beane to be smart and trade Edmunds now to ge value. 

Looking like it…..until he signs an extension tomorrow.  🤣

on a serious note, I think he’s in control of his own destiny in Buffalo.  I think that we’ll offer him around 11M a year, like Milano.  If he wants more, I’d expect him to play out the season and leave as a FA, with hopes of landing a comp pick.  I doubt any team would even trade a 3rd rd pick for him.  

Love Poyer. Love him. But you can't pay everyone.

Also, we've built an incredibly talented roster and have A LOT of comp picks coming our way if we let players like him go next offseason.

Poyer would probably net us a 3rd round comp pick.

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

It seems unlikely they’d draft a developmental guy like Knox at a position that takes a while to develop anyway, take the time to develop him into a top 10 TE, then let him walk. He wants to be here, too. 

ILB and SS seem like more replaceable positions to me in today’s NFL than a potentially elite tight end. I know Poyer is elite, but McDermott has shown a strong aptitude for developing safeties.

When does that happen though?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.