TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 89? Top 2 remaining ***Poll will close at 10p est

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 89?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 89?

• John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (77)
    • Rasheed Walker, OL, Penn St (54)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Yeah Wan'Dale occurred to me too, but with McKenzie reupped, I think the need for a gadgety guy is less likely than another outside guy. He's interesting for sure though.

Yes I'm not saying I'd have picked him here for the Bills necessarily.... agree with your reasoning but just in terms of thinking about what the sort of options are if the Bills leave receiver this late. They have to go round 1 or round 2 IMO. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I'm not saying I'd have picked him here for the Bills necessarily.... agree with your reasoning but just in terms of thinking about what the sort of options are if the Bills leave receiver this late. They have to go round 1 or round 2 IMO. 

Barring something crazy like a big trade up for a difference maker (or a vet), 100% agree.

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Success at the WR position is about almost everything BUT 40 speed, so look well past that. It's not something you can completely ignore, but things route running and the mental aspect of setting up defenders on routes, agility, hands, concentration, catch radius, actual on-field performance are all vastly more important than how fast a guy runs in a straight line across an arbitrary distance in his underwear...

To that end, David Bell feels like he should absolutely be on this list and is not, which is a shame, I'd take him over Metchie.

I agree and know that about 40 time.  But I would rather draft something we don’t already have at WR which is a burner that can stretch the field. In this scenario I would rather draft Walker and take Thornton Round 4 or maybe 5.  

Edited by Magnum Force

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Please vote on who you would like to see the Bills take at #89.

These are the players available based upon our TSW Mock Draft 1.0.

Players were selected based upon the remaining top 90 rated players according to CBS Sports (ESPN isn't updated).  I did not include QB or RB based upon current roster and previous picks and roster.

The poll will remain open until we have 100 votes or a clear winner

I’ld go Nick Cross.  Will provide secondary depth and be a capable replacement in the post Poyer-Hyde era. 

54 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We barely punted at all in 2020, and won a playoff game in 2021 with no punts whatsoever. I love you, I know this is all fun and games, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere and YOU ARE CROSSING IT, SON! :thumbsup:

hahaha, hey I deserve it, pile on.  Cant believe I am even suggesting a kicker before the 6th round.  I deserve to be slapped by Will Smith.  But I still think the logic is sound haha.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I agree and know that about 40 time.  But I would rather draft something we don’t already have at WR which is a burner that can stretch the field. In this scenario I would rather draft Walker and take Thornton Round 4 or maybe 5.  

Totally fair, I just think our staff -- and the league in general -- is learning that separation and the ability to get open is far more important than being big or fast.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 89? Top 3 remaining ***Poll will close at 10p est

Matt Araiza is one of the top 3 options and getting votes?

Holy crap. I like him and I'd be down for taking him. But i'm not taking a Punter in the 4th, let alone the 3rd. That's ridiculous. Especially when you consider that he's not a complete talent.

He's got an elite leg, for sure. But it's not like he has that and has complete control over it and is known for regular coffin pins. He basically just booms it, touchbacks be damned. That's fine when we're pinned in our own red zone. But that's not happening often.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Matt Araiza is one of the top 3 options and getting votes?

Holy crap. I like him and I'd be down for taking him. But i'm not taking a Punter in the 4th, let alone the 3rd. That's ridiculous. Especially when you consider that he's not a complete talent.

He's got an elite leg, for sure. But it's not like he has that and has complete control over it and is known for regular coffin pins. He basically just booms it, touchbacks be damned. That's fine when we're pinned in our own red zone. But that's not happening often.

He wasn’t top 3, but I couldn’t help myself 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Of those choices I'm taking Cross.  

I wouldn’t pick any of those three. 

Metchie is JAG

Walker is talented but seemed unmotivated at PSU. Certainly never played up to his talent level. 
Wouldn’t take a punter in the 3rd ever. I think Stout from PSU is a better punter than Azaiza. Higher percent of punts inside 20, allowed about one tenth the return yardage that Azaiza did. 

Cross is very good, smart player, always around the ball. Third might be too high,but a better choice than the other 3. 

So I understand what Walker brings to the table and what he provides. 

What does Metchie really bring? 

As we matriculate through this draft, you can kind of see why someone is going to take Ariaza in the 3rd. Especially all of these teams with multiple picks and all these comp picks at the end of the round. I voted Walker, but I’d rather have the best punter in the league than John Metchie 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So I understand what Walker brings to the table and what he provides. 

What does Metchie really bring? 

As we matriculate through this draft, you can kind of see why someone is going to take Ariaza in the 3rd. Especially all of these teams with multiple picks and all these comp picks at the end of the round. I voted Walker, but I’d rather have the best punter in the league than John Metchie 

Having possibly the best punter in the league for the next 5 to 10 years wouldn’t be a bad thing at all. 

13 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Having possibly the best punter in the league for the next 5 to 10 years wouldn’t be a bad thing at all. 

If he is as great as they say, I'd be completely fine with taking him in the 4th round.  The 3rd is tough because I expect a Day 1 starter on offense or defense in the first 3 rounds

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.