Chef Jim's nightmare has come true

Just Jack

The government is catering to cyclists....

Colorado cyclist can roll through stop signs, red lights thanks to this newly passed bill (denverpost.com)

Bicyclists who roll through stop signs will no longer be breaking the law after a bill passed by the Colorado legislature is signed by Gov. Jared Polis. The Colorado Safety Stop bill will allow bicyclists to treat stop signs as yield signs and stoplights as stop signs, which already is common practice for many bicyclists. 

• Angry 2

Well that's a law for years in my city, Puebla in Mexico. Only applying to secondary roads and letting  pedestrians advance first.  

There are bad citizens in any means of transport, you have to know how to differentiate them. And I say this as a cyclist who goes back and forth to his workplace every day. 

Yet... One the silliest safety campaigns out there:

"Look Twice for Motorcycles"

Now the advancement of more nonsense w/bicycles.

How are people supposed to look twice when they can't see them to begin with! You can look 4 times and nada... And while I am wasting time being OCD looking out for cyclists, that other driver is bearing down on me!

Aren't driver's stressed out enough?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

They still have to stop and look both ways before proceeding. The advocates did their research and supported their argument with empirical data suggesting that it's safer to get the bikes out of the intersections ASAP. So what's the big deal?

San Francisco though it was a good idea until one of the Spandex mafia actually killed a pedestrian in a collision.Chef Jim should remember  that. I think it was about a decade ago.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

They still have to stop and look both ways before proceeding. The advocates did their research and supported their argument with empirical data suggesting that it's safer to get the bikes out of the intersections ASAP. So what's the big deal?

Whiny crybabies in cute outfits shouldn’t get different rules.  

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yet... One the silliest safety campaigns out there:

"Look Twice for Motorcycles"

Now the advancement of more nonsense w/bicycles.

How are people supposed to look twice when they can't see them to begin with! You can look 4 times and nada... And while I am wasting time being OCD looking out for cyclists, that other driver is bearing down on me!

Aren't driver's stressed out enough?

How about motorcycles stop weaving in and out of traffic, passing cars all over on the highways all over Atlanta and elsewhere? Why all these bumper sticker telling ME to watch out for THEM?  How about they stop being stupid and put more burden upon themselves to stay alive? 

My wife worked with a couple guys who met up and started biking (bicycles) around the narrow, windy, hilly roads around Atlanta. I joked “good, now they will have somebody to call 911 for them”. It was a JOKE, not a curse. I take no blame, but within a month one guy went over his handlebars breaking his collar bone and knocking his front teeth out, among other injuries. A simpleton could see how dangerous those roads are for biking, but we have no shortage. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How about motorcycles stop weaving in and out of traffic, passing cars all over on the highways all over Atlanta and elsewhere? Why all these bumper sticker telling ME to watch out for THEM?  How about they stop being stupid and put more burden upon themselves to stay alive? 

My wife worked with a couple guys who met up and started biking (bicycles) around the narrow, windy, hilly roads around Atlanta. I joked “good, now they will have somebody to call 911 for them”. It was a JOKE, not a curse. I take no blame, but within a month one guy went over his handlebars breaking his collar bone and knocking his front teeth out, among other injuries. A simpleton could see how dangerous those roads are for biking, but we have no shortage. 🤷‍♂️

Lane splitting legal in Georgia?

Lane splitting= two motorcycles riding side by side in one lane.  I think it is only legal in CA and in movies like Easy Rider.  Also  I think they can weave thru traffic on the highway while it is slow or at a standstill.

Edited by Wacka

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’m no fan of cyclists but that’s messed up.  I hope that driver was charged with assault and battery.

I agree although my guess is that the guy just didn’t look and was thinking about passing the car in front of him.  It was stupid but possibly unintentional.  Either way, charges are appropriate.

The spandex mafia in that city had evidently gone to the lengths necessary to create their own special path on a busy thoroughfare….at great expense to taxpayers no doubt.    Despite this, they were still subject to the laws of physics.  A stupid and/or malicious driver behind the wheel of an SUV has a physical advantage in a collision.  The cuties in their outfits won’t be truly happy until physics itself disappears.  There may be hope though.  According to PFF the Bills and Josh Allen have already foiled math itself.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree although my guess is that the guy just didn’t look and was thinking about passing the car in front of him.  It was stupid but possibly unintentional.  Either way, charges are appropriate.

How was he going to pass him, drive on the sidewalk?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.