GMFB Is Better Without Kay Adams

ProcessAccepted

I was a big fan of Kay Adams and it was 80% for the hotness factor- for sure! That was an excellent GMF choice. And she was able to mix it up with the Boys.

The fact, that she wasn’t a Josh fan? Meh. Actually, I find it kinda creepy that so many of his former critics are now converts. 

Looks sell… BIG time! Women today are fools for not using them to advance all manner of entertainment careers from the Weather Channel to Pro Sports and National News! Why wouldn’t you? You still need knowledge of your topic and to have the ability to communicate with your audience at a high level.

Take Nate Burleson- a very attractive black man, with HUGE acceptability factors among 3 critical audiences- sports, news & kids! Liked him a lot. That guy is heading to the top of wherever he wants to go!

As for McCourty? He is no Burleson, Not really a fan, but I’m certain my anti Cheatriot bias intrudes.

All in all, I watch that show for multiple reasons, including info + entertainment. Just don’t be boring or unintelligent with your takes. e.g, If you’re talking about the best Chicken Wings in Buffalo- you’d better have been there to test them all.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

I almost wish Kyle Brandt would cool down his Bills hype.  The show needs to represent the whole NFL.  It strikes me as too much Bills homer-ism now.  It would be one thing if he was a Buffalo-area native, but I would imagine for NFL around the league, it's over the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I was pretty hard on the new crew when they started.  Now? I don’t mind them.  Brandt has chilled a bit, not trying too hard to carry the show, Jamie has grown on me, like her better than what Kay had become towards the end.  Not a fan of McCourty*.  Not super polished, which is fine, but doesn’t seem to add much to the convo.

*it could be a childish hatred for all things patsies. 

Nah McCourty sucks……always sounds like he’s reading from a script.

20 minutes ago, wjag said:

I almost wish Kyle Brandt would cool down his Bills hype.  The show needs to represent the whole NFL.  It strikes me as too much Bills homer-ism now.  It would be one thing if he was a Buffalo-area native, but I would imagine for NFL around the league, it's over the top. 

I think he just needs to cool down. He has leaned so far into this WWE persona it is borderline unwatchable. Even Schrager seems to be getting in on the action. 

Kyle Brandt's Basement is one of the worst football podcasts I have ever listened to/watched. Not an exaggeration, it is that bad. They should pull it off the air ASAP before KB burns out and people are sick of him. 

46 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Looks sell… BIG time! Women today are fools for not using them to advance all manner of entertainment careers from the Weather Channel to Pro Sports and National News! Why wouldn’t you? You still need knowledge of your topic and to have the ability to communicate with your audience at a high level.

My good looks haven’t done a ***** thing for me. 

GMFB is still a good watch.  I have it on at the office most mornings. 

IMO, they’ve done a decent job going through major cast changeover.  Not an easy thing to do and it’s still a charming, watchable football show.  

Re: Kay Adams, she was “girl next door” attractive and knows football. It was a good fit.   Now though.. she’s older, looks very much “LA” and in Los Angeles, every other woman is as, or more, attractive than her. 

13 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I thought she went to Amazon Prime.  I didn’t watch the pregame last Thursday.  Was she on there?  Wasn’t part of halftime or postgame.

a big fat lie. 
Fox sports IIRC

edit oops FanDuel

Or Di cks Sporting commercials 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s always funny when dudes on chat board obsessing about men playing a pro sport they don’t and can’t grade women on tv, as if they’d have a chance with any of them  😂 

They are attractive enough and personality and confidence to be on tv, wealthy and  paid to talk football… unicorns  

some chat bros think they’d be:

oh wow you’re that TDs from Tonawanda guy with the great gifs from 5 am Thursday??? Please love me, say I’m an 8??

Speak for yourself!

Animated GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

She has her own show now on FanDuel TV called Up and Adams.

Not really sure exactly what FanDuel TV is but you can watch her show on youtube.

I have watched a few of them over the past couple weeks. They are about 45 minutes long and she has had a lot of NFL player and coach guests.

I've enjoyed them enough to continue to give them views.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I don't watch this sort of stuff and have no idea how anyone else stomachs it! 

It's just a pure form of entertainment, but I don't find it entertaining.

I agree.  Also, no different from pre-game/half-time shows.  Just a lot of talking heads regurgitating things I already knew, or yelling bad loud takes through my TV. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've watched my fair share of GMFB because, well, football.

But the show is infotainment, and full of gags and dumb segments. I would have loved it if someone like Kim Jones took over as host, and they made it more of a serious football show instead of "Kathy Lee and Hoda talk football".

Meh to the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, KHAN said:

I've watched my fair share of GMFB because, well, football.

But the show is infotainment, and full of gags and dumb segments. I would have loved it if someone like Kim Jones took over as host, and they made it more of a serious football show instead of "Kathy Lee and Hoda talk football".

Meh to the whole thing.

So pretty much the rest of the NFL network?

12 hours ago, wjag said:

What about Mike Rob? He shows the same type of emotion. I'm okay with them showing the Bills love

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.