GMFB Is Better Without Kay Adams

ProcessAccepted

I was thinking the same thing. I think Kay is more fantasy focused but her replacement seems really deep in her football knowledge and was good on the SEC too. That new foursome’s chemistry is there already although I miss Nate. I also noticed Jamie was pretty athletic out there tossing and running with the guys. She is a natural for the show. 

34 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I was thinking the same thing. I think Kay is more fantasy focused but her replacement seems really deep in her football knowledge and was good on the SEC too. That new foursome’s chemistry is there already although I miss Nate. I also noticed Jamie was pretty athletic out there tossing and running with the guys. She is a natural for the show. 

She was a basketball player.

I'm assuming I'm just naive and missing something, or maybe even preaching to the choir rather, but I feel like Kay Adams exists just to tee other people with real knowledge up. It becomes pretty annoying when you view it through this lens. Every single thing she does has the same structure - she's the discussion moderator that manages commercial ins and outs but she never really offers anything in terms of knowledge. She ushers segues.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'm assuming I'm just naive and missing something, or maybe even preaching to the choir rather, but I feel like Kay Adams exists just to tee other people with real knowledge up. It becomes pretty annoying when you view it through this lens. Every single thing she does has the same structure - she's the discussion moderator that manages commercial ins and outs but she never really offers anything in terms of knowledge. She ushers segues.

She is supposed to be the eye candy

• Agree 1

I was pretty hard on the new crew when they started.  Now? I don’t mind them.  Brandt has chilled a bit, not trying too hard to carry the show, Jamie has grown on me, like her better than what Kay had become towards the end.  Not a fan of McCourty*.  Not super polished, which is fine, but doesn’t seem to add much to the convo.

*it could be a childish hatred for all things patsies. 

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agree. Now , that Cynthia F on the other hand…. Put her on GMFB please. 

I think I’ve said this before…and I admit it sounds arrogant and misogynistic…Cynthia is a bit rough to look at in the bright lights — probably a 5 or 6 — but I think in the evening hours after a few adult beverages she becomes an 8 or 9 and would be a lot of fun.  Very nice figure, and great personality.

Now, about GMFB, I agree that Jamie is starting to grow on me and I’m watching more again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, eball said:

I think I’ve said this before…and I admit it sounds arrogant and misogynistic…Cynthia is a bit rough to look at in the bright lights — probably a 5 or 6 — but I think in the evening hours after a few adult beverages she becomes an 8 or 9 and would be a lot of fun.  Very nice figure, and great personality.

Now, about GMFB, I agree that Jamie is starting to grow on me and I’m watching more again.

Yep, I’m looking at this from a “ fantasy” perspective with an holistic approach lol. Kay was just annoying to me and never cared for her much so no great loss. Don’t like her replacement too much either but have only watched a few times. 

The new GMFB crew, including Jamie took a while to gel for me, which was understandable given the limited amount of content they had to work with in the offseason.  3 hours or whatever it is is hard to fill without having games to review or build up to.  I found myself watching only snippets of shows.

The show, and the crew, have improved since the season started now that they have some actual games to talk about.  Doesn't hurt that the Bills get a fair bit of coverage these days too!

Jamie does seem to have some good knowledge and is more than just a host that directs the conversation.

49 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, I’m looking at this from a “ fantasy” perspective with an holistic approach lol. Kay was just annoying to me and never cared for her much so no great loss. Don’t like her replacement too much either but have only watched a few times. 

I just saw Kay on a commercial for Dick’s Sporting Goods.  Guess she has to make her money somehow.

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I wish. I'm not kidding when I say she'd be hotter with 30lbs on her. That face matched with some curvessss. (*ducks for cover*)

I think that she's lost weight since she left, so you probably will be even more disappointed.  I saw her on a clothing (I think) commercial and I barely recognized her.  Maybe it was makeup but her face looked even more angular than when she was on GMFB.   She looked almost skeletal.

I guess I’m in the minority as I liked the crew the way they were when Nate and Kay were on the show.  Honestly, I don’t get too many opportunities to watch as busy at the gym then work, but occasionally I can watch the gym when running late.

I don’t get the Kay Adams comment is fat.  I just saw her on her podcast which was ok, and how can you tell?  She wears such baggy clothes.  If so, maybe she’s pregnant.  Not starting a rumor, just she’s at that age.

Edited by machine gun kelly

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I thought she went to Amazon Prime.  I didn’t watch the pregame last Thursday.  Was she on there?  Wasn’t part of halftime or postgame.

I don’t know, was just goofing around,

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think that (plus the eye candy) is exactly what worked so well.  A moderator (with some football knowledge) keeps the show on track, instead of 4 'experts' trying to talk over each other.

I still think the show was tons better with the original lineup, even with all the guests in Nate's chair it was better than now.  To me Erdahl is fine but still tries way too hard to generate excitement/wackiness that just isn't there - its better when things appear natural. 

Just don't like Mccourty at all.  To me he brings the whole thing down. I think 90% of the guests host in that chair before the new lineup was picked were such a better fit.  That choice just mystifies me, just don't see what they saw in that guy as a fit for this show. The best shows IMO with this new lineup were when mccourtey was out with his appendix and O'Hara came in.  It was like a breath of fresh air - so much better and so much more like the way it used to be

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1

How many times are you going to introduce Mccourty as Super bowl champion? I think most people know he is a former player.  I  We get it.

Schrager has always been a schill for whoever gives him info. You will never hear a bad thing on Mcvay or Klingsbury.

I guess I should give Ehrdahl more time but as someone else posted she comes across as trying to hard to generate stuff.

It’s always funny when dudes on chat board obsessing about men playing a pro sport they don’t and can’t grade women on tv, as if they’d have a chance with any of them  😂 

They are attractive enough and personality and confidence to be on tv, wealthy and  paid to talk football… unicorns  

some chat bros think they’d be:

oh wow you’re that TDs from Tonawanda guy with the great gifs from 5 am Thursday??? Please love me, say I’m an 8??

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.