Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

The "Top-51" is the offseason requirement. As of the final cuts and continuing into the season, the cap is based on the entire roster including practice squad. So, if more $ are needed to fit all under the cap by then, more restructuring or other changes are needed.

Yeah, but a bunch of players will be getting cut too, so from top 51 to 53 man roster isn't a huge change

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it would go over too well if Josh called a member of the "Skinny Boy Club" (Dawkins name for the WR) "Fatty"

What was missed in the original exchange, is that when Diggs yelled out "Hey Fatty, how much do you weigh?" Josh answered "ONE Twenty" not "220" as Diggs repeated.  (that's probably closer to his girlfriend's weight)

I don’t think Dawkins or any fatty on the team would be mad at being called fatty by any teammate.  It’s not like they aren’t trying to be fat.  If you can’t own your fat as an nfl player, you’ve got some serious insecurity issues. 

1. Signing bonus: $21.5 million.

2. 2022 base salary: $2.575 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2023 option bonus: $16 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2023 base salary: $7.91 million, fully guaranteed.

5. 2024 base salary: $18.5 million, fully guaranteed in 2024.

6. 2025 base salary: $18 million, $3.515 million of which is fully guaranteed by 2025.

7. 2026 base salary: $19.092 million.

8. 2027 offseason roster bonus: $3 million.

9. 2027 base salary: $14.495 million.

10. 2022-27 workout bonuses: $250,000 per year.

11. 2022-27 per-game roster bonuses: Up to $255,000 per year.

Edited by BillsMafi$
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Dawkins or any fatty on the team would be mad at being called fatty by any teammate.  It’s not like they aren’t trying to be fat.  If you can’t own your fat as an nfl player, you’ve got some serious insecurity issues. 

That's not in question, the question is whether the "skinny boy club" (eg WR) would object

IOW can Josh Allen call Diggs "fatty"?

I'm thinking "No"

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

1. Signing bonus: $21.5 million.

2. 2022 base salary: $2.575 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2023 option bonus: $16 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2023 base salary: $7.91 million, fully guaranteed.

5. 2024 base salary: $18.5 million, fully guaranteed in 2024.

6. 2025 base salary: $18 million, $3.515 million of which is fully guaranteed by 2025.

7. 2026 base salary: $19.092 million.

8. 2027 offseason roster bonus: $3 million.

9. 2027 base salary: $14.495 million.

10. 2022-27 workout bonuses: $250,000 per year.

11. 2022-27 per-game roster bonuses: Up to $255,000 per year.

Maybe this was more broadly understood to be true, as the deals are almost always more team friendly than initially reported, but...this is a good looking extension.

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe this was more broadly understood to be true, as the deals are almost always more team friendly than initially reported, but...this is a good looking extension.

It seems very fair to me.  It gives him a bunch of new money this year

(I peg Diggs as a man who is fully up on the meaning of the term "net present value")

It gives him a raise consistent with his performance the last 2 years

It really only locks the Bills in one extra year over his current deal (3 year deal)

And... it gives us $6.1M to sign our draft class/sign a FA/renegotiate another contract

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It seems very fair to me.  It gives him a bunch of new money this year (I peg Diggs as a man who is fully up on the meaning of the term "net present value")

It gives him a raise consistent with his performance the last 2 years

It really only locks the Bills in one extra year over his current deal (3 year deal)

And... it gives us $6.1M to sign our draft class/sign a FA/renegotiate another contract

The rare Win-Win scenario. 

One of the less heralded benefits of organizational "culture" might be represented by the structure of this extension. Fair deal for both sides without any unnecessary distractions. Could he get more elsewhere? Yeah, possibly. But he didn't want more elsewhere. 

So 6.1 was added. I had heard that if cap was saved, it could be somewhere between 5 on the low end, 9 on the high end.

We were just somewhere around 275,000 under yesterday, this brings us to just under 6.5 million under. We'll need somewhere between 2.5 to 3 to sign Draft picks.

So maybe we make a small move or two, at the minimum level or just above it. But he also likes to have a little space in case of emergency for the season.

Long story short, I don't think it changes our position all that much. Just gives us the space we need to be in okay shape for the Draft and in case of emergency.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.