Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

2 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Jones was 32 when the extension was made. Diggs in 28. It's not comparable. 

No not exactly. 

Julio was 30 not 32 when he got the 3 year 66 million extension from the Falcons in 2019. He's 33 now.

It is very comparable

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Diggs' number was $18M. New deal should free up another $8M for us.

From what I've heard on the radio by cap experts, Spotrac numbers, while technically accurate for right now, do not give the whole picture. Things change once they go to "Top-51". It is expected that Beane already has the money for rookie contracts earmarked, and if we were to go to Top-51 today, there would be a few million available for the rookie deals (we definitely dont need $8M for rookies). PLUS, the $8M or so we created with the new Diggs deal.

The "Top-51" is the offseason requirement. As of the final cuts and continuing into the season, the cap is based on the entire roster including practice squad. So, if more $ are needed to fit all under the cap by then, more restructuring or other changes are needed.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s the absolute best part of their relationship.  That’s what best friends do….. call each other fat

I’d like to think my wife is my best friend, but………….. I don’t think you’re right about this. 

You can’t make me! My gut says NO!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I’d like to think my wife is my best friend, but………….. I don’t think you’re right about this. 

You can’t make me! My gut says NO!!!

Yeah….maybe not the best idea in that case.  My best friend, other than my wife, have been calling each other Fat for 20 years.  We haven’t used each other’s name in decades.  We’ve had a few run ins in public places where was trying to get his attention across the bar and would yell “HEY FAAAAAT!!!”, the fat people (no offense to anyone) would look at me like “YOU TALKING TO ME 😡!?!?”  No, I’m just talking to my not so fat friend over there. Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s the absolute best part of their relationship.  That’s what best friends do….. call each other fat

I could be wrong, but I don't think it would go over too well if Josh called a member of the "Skinny Boy Club" (Dawkins name for the WR) "Fatty"

What was missed in the original exchange, is that when Diggs yelled out "Hey Fatty, how much do you weigh?" Josh answered "ONE Twenty" not "220" as Diggs repeated.  (that's probably closer to his girlfriend's weight)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.