Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, maybe one of those instances where someone acts like they know what they're talking about but they really don't know *****

Or possibly the Whaley quote was a designed PR statement to draw eyes to the situation.  If it was its a pretty brilliant marketing ploy.  It also shows Whaley still clinging to values he trained under in Pittsburg as he's interviewing for GM.  Maybe they prefer that trait in their GM??  So the PR could be equally beneficial to each parties interests.  If the Bills are pulling off such good marketing that's just increasing the Bills value.  Lol I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for Treyvon  Diggs to beef up the cbs while White gets back to his top abilities.   Gotta keep the boys happy!

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a horrendus show. It was watchable with Nate. It is unwatchable since his departure. Kyle Brandt is the most pointless person on NFL television. 

Now you went and ruffed some feathers…, 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

To me, it makes drafting a WR even easier.  It won't be misconstrued as an attempt to get rid of Diggs.  It won't cause any angst in the locker room.  It will just make the offense more potent.  (disclaimer I am a WR in the 1st diehard advocate).

I agree.  And if you draft a stud WR, their second deal comes due when Diggs is at the end of the line on his playing career.  Gabe Davis would appear to be the odd man out in this scenario, but maybe you could move him in a trade if he blows up this year?

Initially it was reported as 4 year $104 Million then later on as a 4 year $96 Million extension with incentives.

I'm guessing the difference between the early morning report and what we are now hearing are the incentives?

Either way, relative to the Hopkins, Hill and Adams contract we got a real home town discount, specially when you consider that the contract increase doesn't really increase for a couple years out.

What a great deal and I think at the end of the day, Diggs wanted to do everything he reasonably could to remain a Bill and play with Josh Allen.

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

AS fans, of course we love Josh, Diggs and all of them. And it's not OUR money so let's gooooo.

But with the salary cap... is this wise? That's always the flip side to these contracts.

If cap issues lead to a couple of losing seasons it will still be worth it if the Bills win the Super Bowl this year. The parade/celebration would be legendary in WNY.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

What? No but he does need to start hitting on picks cause we can’t keep signing free agents. He also drafted josh and that gives a chance to win every year. We have to get cheaper at certain positions. That’s just a fact

"Start" hitting on picks?

Allen, Singletary, Davis, Rousseau, Spencer Brown, Oliver, Tyler Bass, Dawson Knox, Dane Jackson, Siran Neal.  Maybe you missed these, but I think Beane already has started.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen to Diggs will be this generation's Kelly to Reed - except with a Lombardi or 2 to show for it.  Or 3 or 4.

So, so happy this guy will be a Bill for many years.  It would be geat if he retired here. He has meant so much to the turnaround we've had & the general winning attitude.

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Is "contract control" really worth anything in today's NFL? 

If a player outperforms their current contract they'll re-negotiate to make more money. If they underperform they will re-negotiate to be more team friendly (or the team will cut/trade them). 

True, but we just got two years of Diggs at a discount so it is possible. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.