Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

47 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Fantastic news. Imho, this doesn't change our draft strategy. 

To echo many others in this thread - where the heck is this money appearing from? (not that I care, just being curious)

This is future years and should lower the cap hit this year and maybe next. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

Did not see that coming but looks like a good deal! I do worry about WRs not aging well these days and Diggs was banged up pretty much all of last year so that’s not a great sign, but glad he’s back! 

I think Diggs/Adams style of WR ages much better than Tyreek Hill, so if they're going to lock up a WR who will be closing in on mid 30's by the end of the contract (should it fully play out), i'd much rather it be a technician rather than an athletic/speed guy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I hate even going there, but a Gilmore acquisition could be the thing that moves the needle to a SB.

I know I sound like one of the guys that I poke holes in for madden talk.  I still love the idea of the Syracuse article yesterday where we swap #1’s, give next years #1, and a 3rd for the agiants 7th for sauce Gardner of still there at 7.  That’s what I prefer as cheap labor for five years.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What? No but he does need to start hitting on picks cause we can’t keep signing free agents. He also drafted josh and that gives a chance to win every year. We have to get cheaper at certain positions. That’s just a fact

you sign free agents every year and draft players every year. It's how you build a team and he does a very good job of drafting. Stop worrying about money and salary cap.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Did not see that coming but looks like a good deal! I do worry about WRs not aging well these days and Diggs was banged up pretty much all of last year so that’s not a great sign, but glad he’s back! 

What? You did not see a contract extension for Diggs? I don't recall him being banged up at all last year. Seemed pretty healthy to me

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I hate even going there, but a Gilmore acquisition could be the thing that moves the needle to a SB.

I know I sound like one of the guys that I poke holes in for madden talk.  I still love the idea of the Syracuse article yesterday where we swap #1’s, give next years #1, and a 3rd for the agiants 7th for sauce Gardner of still there at 7.  That’s what I prefer as cheap labor for five years.

Seems like they extended diggs now to free up some money for a cb…if I had to guess.

13 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Really?? Assumed it was expected myself, at least at some point. I do recall seeing a couple posters that were saying they thought he would be traded for some reason (don't know the reason making one believe that)....

There was no way Diggs wasn't going to get taken care of eventually or traded imo

I LOVE it that both sides have intentions for Diggs to retire a Bill. Very excited to hear that.

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Really?? Assumed it was expected myself, at least at some point. I do recall seeing a couple posters that were saying they thought he would be traded for some reason (don't know the reason making one believe that)....

There was no way Diggs wasn't going to get taken care of eventually or traded imo

The Adams/Hill deals are why people speculated that we might have to trade him.   That was all under the assumption that he'd want Tyreek Hill money.  Those of us who worried he'd demand that, myself included, were wrong.  This is a very fair deal.  

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.