Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I could see them picking up a solid but unspectacular vet MLB and then drafting someone athletic with upside in 2nd or 3rd...so they have a guy they can trust but also a guy they can hope will be great.  However, not sure how much they get for Edmonds since he is on his 5th year option.  He's expensive and only a one year rental.  It's the same problem that Browns have with Baker.  Even if some GMs think he is much better than last year showed, it's just too costly to rent him.  I wonder what Edmonds and agent are looking for?  If we could sign him as a middle of the road level linebacker, which I think is fair, not only would it be more affordable for us but would make him more tradeable....but he and agent may see him as a pro bowl linebacker and thus want top money which wouldn't be worth it.

I would have liked Bobby Wagner as the vet fill in. Too bad. 

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Edmonds. If he gets resigned, even at a reasonable deal, this place will be wild 🤣 Personally, I want to see more from our mlb, but I understand it’s not a given either. 

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Sal Cappaccio just reported on WGR 550 that Diggs was extended 4 years.  I can't believe how many people out there actually thought he was going to be traded lol

I won't believe it until I see it in emojis on his instagram!

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Fantastic news. Imho, this doesn't change our draft strategy. 

To echo many others in this thread - where the heck is this money appearing from? (not that I care, just being curious)

Cap hit this year actually went down with the extension 

• Like (+1) 4

Nice. He's a true do it all type receiver. It's good that we know what our future is at receiver. I wouldn't have mind getting a draft hall similar to what the Chiefs got for Hill but at the same time it is great to keep a talent like Diggs. Even if he is only 75% the player he is currently 2-3 seasons from now he's still going to be a really good WR for us. And with any luck Davis, Knox or a future rookie will be our biggest threat by then anyway. 

21 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Matt Haack, Shaq Lawson, Tyler Matekich, Zack Moss, Tawain Jones and Marquez Stevenson seem like guys that can be on the bash list. 

If Matakevich and Jones are still on the roster to play ST when they're in their 40's, that would be awesome to see the reaction here

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Beane has to draft well. No more d ends. Get new starters at lb, wr guard and safety this year and next to bring the cap hits down. Also probably means have Davis is a trade target next year. If he goes off this coming year you trade him and replace him. 

You want 4 new starters on a stacked roster? Please put down the pipe.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

I've stated my affection for Kay Adams many a time on here. Kyle is a bit too much for me. 

I remember Kyle when he did bits on The Jim Rome Show.  He's just a bit younger then me and is a bit out there.  But I love out there!  Everything he does I get.  His references to movie quotes or funny bits long gone is actually how I remember things.  It's uncanny sometimes and he needs to get out of my head.  He's a big supporter of us as well and I for one love him.

I have a lot of respect for women who know their stuff and can compare to anyone in this "man's world" dominated by alfa males for the most part.  Kay know's her *****.  Fantasy wise and real NFL wise.   I have a lot of respect for her too.

PS...Hey did you see we extended Diggs?

Edited by The Tomcat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.