Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Absolutely. There will be odd men out, and these to seem like prime candidates. 

At this stage I'd be really surprised if they extend Edmunds.

This does not have any impact on whether they sign Edmunds or not. We knew this was coming, and it's a very reasonable deal and with six years petty much has to have some malleability, and by the time its larger sums kick in (if Beane's past is prologue), the salary cap will be around 300m. 

I'm not going to vigorously defend Edmunds except to say he's been the MLB and captain/leader of a defense that's been top 3 3/4 of the time he's been here, and the defense looks significantly worse when he's out or playing hurt. There's a good chance he's much better than most people here think. We'll see what Beane and McDermott think as they're the ones who truly know his value to this system. If they don't extend and draft an LB later this month, that would be a sign he's on the way out. However, I would not be a bit surprised if they extend him and if it's a long contract but in the 10-12m range. I also would not be entirely stunned if they don't.

As for Poyer, I don't buy that he could be odd man out b/c despite getting deserved All Pro status this year, he's still past 30 and at a position that does not get as many premium contracts. It might be up to him--at times he's been an ambassador for the team and at other times he's been quite chippy with fans on social media. However, it's likely they could still extend Poyer in a fashion that wouldn't kill the future cap, and it wouldn't be likely to be that long of an extension.

Edited by thurst44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This doesn’t sound like an Edmunds thread!!  Wth!

The bills obviously hate edmunds if he hasn’t been extended yet

Thought experiment:

Start a thread about Seattle’s OL and the impact the USFL could have on it.  Before the end of page one there will be something explaining why an Edmunds trade comes into play.  Any topic will work.  If you prefer to start on off the wall try a thread on favorite pasta dishes……Edmunds bash.  On PPP a thread on world hunger can transform into an Edmunds bash three posts.

The real question is once Edmunds is traded, cut, leaves in FA or retires a Bill in 2034, who will be the next bashomatic?  It’s too early to tell in 2034 but if he left soon, and with Beasley gone, prime candidates are Dawkins, Milano, maybe Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

bit too much is being kind. He is about 3 whole buckets of too much. I find Schrags voice annoying and they don't actually let him do what he is good at which is report they have him in this kinda personality / talking head / opinion giver role he is ill suited for. Kay is fine but she is just fine. 

Nate was the show. 

Agreed. We're all supposed to love Kyle because he likes the Bills. But the show itself is pablum.

And yes. Kay is fiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!! 💘

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Thought experiment:

Start a thread about Seattle’s OL and the impact the USFL could have on it.  Before the end of page one there will be something explaining why an Edmunds trade comes into play.  Any topic will work.  If you prefer to start on off the wall try a thread on favorite pasta dishes……Edmunds bash.  On PPP a thread on world hunger can transform into an Edmunds bash three posts.

The real question is once Edmunds is traded, cut, leaves in FA or retires a Bill in 2034, who will be the next bashomatic?  It’s too early to tell in 2034 but if he left soon, and with Beasley gone, prime candidates are Dawkins, Milano, maybe Oliver.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Bye bye Edmunds. I won't shed a tear. He's under performed to say the least. He can easily be replaced. 

You might very well eat those words as I doubt he's as easily replaceable as you think given how the defense plays when he's out. We'll see.

More importantly though, why does a joyous moment for the team have to turn into half the posts beating up on Edmunds.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

I would kinda like to see Poyer stay and get a 2yr extension but at the same time there's some safeties in this draft that I really like.   

I get that sentiment. But you cannot pay everyone. So I do think Poyer is that Veteran chip that has been rumored that could get moved in draft. 

we will see. But most likely the team stays together in 2022 to go all in to get that Lombardi this year. Then Poyer and Edmunds move on in UFA. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I just don't see him as a make or break piece... 

IMO, he likely has a Top 100 pick return.  If I'm Beane, I'm 100% shopping him for a 2nd or 3rd Rounder and then using our 2nd Round Pick on his replacement, while freeing up cap space for a 1 year rental corner.  

This team is now top heavy... Allen-Diggs-Miller-White, with guys like Knox likely, Milano, Dawkins, Oliver likely in the next tier of sizeable contracts.  It seems foolish to let a guy like Edmunds walk for nothing at the position of LB..  He's not a LT, WR, CB, EDGE... He's a LB... with all the talent we have on defense, I'm fine with a rookie/high pick MLB.

I completely understand your rationale, and if the Bills have a target in mind who could replace him with little to no drop off, I’m sure they make the move for the reasons you stated. It’s just, I find it highly unlikely this staff is going to feel that comfortable about a rookie. Especially when don’t have anyone decent enough on the roster as it is. 

We never know about Beane, and I can imagine it would irritate him to let Edmonds walk away for nothing. Like most things, there will be several factors in making a decision like this. Whatever Beane does, it better keep us strong for a super bowl push this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

And diggs strengths aren’t the type that erode early. He’s like a Marvin Harrison 

Agreed, Diggs didn't get to the top of his game through sheer physical prowess, he honed his craft to do it. While I think that means no one will ever call him the "best" in the game at any given time, I think he's going to be a lot less prone to falling off a cliff than the rest of the names on that list. 

Looks really good stacked up to those mega deals. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Thought experiment:

Six degrees of Tremaine Edmunds.

You can connect Tremaine Edmunds to any thread topic within six posts.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Thought experiment:

Matt Haack, Shaq Lawson, Tyler Matekich, Zack Moss, Tawain Jones and Marquez Stevenson seem like guys that can be on the bash list. 

3 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

I completely understand your rationale, and if the Bills have a target in mind who could replace him with little to no drop off, I’m sure they make the move for the reasons you stated. It’s just, I find it highly unlikely this staff is going to feel that comfortable about a rookie. Especially when don’t have anyone decent enough on the roster as it is. 

We never know about Beane, and I can imagine it would irritate him to let Edmonds walk away for nothing. Like most things, there will be several factors in making a decision like this. Whatever Beane does, it better keep us strong for a super bowl push this year. 

I could see them picking up a solid but unspectacular vet MLB and then drafting someone athletic with upside in 2nd or 3rd...so they have a guy they can trust but also a guy they can hope will be great.  However, not sure how much they get for Edmonds since he is on his 5th year option.  He's expensive and only a one year rental.  It's the same problem that Browns have with Baker.  Even if some GMs think he is much better than last year showed, it's just too costly to rent him.  I wonder what Edmonds and agent are looking for?  If we could sign him as a middle of the road level linebacker, which I think is fair, not only would it be more affordable for us but would make him more tradeable....but he and agent may see him as a pro bowl linebacker and thus want top money which wouldn't be worth it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.