Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Sal Cappaccio just reported on WGR 550 that Diggs was extended 4 years.  I can't believe how many people out there actually thought he was going to be traded lol

ummmmm. Getting new contrasts doesn’t mean they stay longer….

you gives high bonus now and then release him jnn2 yrs…..

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great news.  

I'm just hoping, with Allen, Diggs and Miller taking up so much cap space, Beane scores some hits in the draft.  We need contributions from guys on rook contracts.  

lol, I forgot all about von miller

5 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I would have to disagree. Just because Nate played football does not make him a great commentator / analyst. In my opinion the other 3 are highly knowledgeable and are among some of the best in the business, and that is why the show is so successful. Nate is average and was actually the least entertaining out of them all. I lost all respect for him when I heard that he patented the saying “toe drag swag” and started suing individuals for using it. 

Each to their own but I find them all inane. 

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

It's a 4-year extension, which makes the contract a total of 6 years, adding the existing 2.  He's here for at least 4, and they will use it to lower this year's cap hit significantly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

We are all in on a super bowl this year. Unless the Bills can bring in someone equal to or better than Edmonds, he isn’t being moved before this season. 

Who replaces Edmonds? For sure he could be better, but he also plays a vital role to our defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a horrendus show. It was watchable with Nate. It is unwatchable since his departure. Kyle Brandt is the most pointless person on NFL television. 

You Brits are too dry.  You probably don't even enjoy Monster Truck Jams

• Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Each to their own but I find them all inane. 

I find certain clips, like the Bills playoffs hype videos cool. But otherwise, I find much more meaningful football discussion in places like this forum. I find GMFB for the most part, parrots all of the media (NFL media coverage) talking points. Nothing very illuminating coming from that show for me personally. 

1 hour ago, Bills of Boston said:

Whaley certainly not privy to extension discussions 

Whaley thought Beane was going to trade Diggs because that's what he would have done.  And you can see the logic: Diggs is expensive, and draftees are cheap.

But here's another bit of wisdom: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."   Diggs is a proven wideout who has a great connection with his QB.  When you have that, why would you want to ditch it to play roulette in the draft?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Read the last sentence for context. Sure anything can happen but I don’t recall seeing that statement on every extension 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.