Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

12 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Dude, it's a great show.

I agree and they give the Bills much respect. 

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

Bye bye Edmunds. I won't shed a tear. He's under performed to say the least. He can easily be replaced. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m awful with cap stuff. Can someone please explain how this extension impacts the cap this year? 

his current cap was about 2 yr @ $18/yr and his new deal is 4yr @$26/yr (18,18,26,26,26,26=140)

bills can get creative and change that to (10, 10, 30,30,30,30=140 )

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If you don’t like Kay and Kyle, there is something fundamentally wrong with you.  That’s not an opinion

I've stated my affection for Kay Adams many a time on here. Kyle is a bit too much for me. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

Beane has to draft well. No more d ends. Get new starters at lb, wr guard and safety this year and next to bring the cap hits down. Also probably means have Davis is a trade target next year. If he goes off this coming year you trade him and replace him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Beane has to draft well. No more d ends. Get new starters at lb, wr guard and safety this year and next to bring the cap hits down. Also probably means have Davis is a trade target next year. If he goes off this coming year you trade him and replace him. 

Three more weeks from tomorrow until the draft. It's going to be interesting to see what the Bills do. Do they stay at 25, trade up or down?

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

his current cap was about 2 yr @ $18/yr and his new deal is 4yr @$26/yr (18,18,26,26,26,26=140)

bills can get creative and change that to (10, 10, 30,30,30,30=140 )

In general I agree but its very unlikely/almost impossible that 2nd year will be so low from the beginning. It will be more like 10,22,26,26,28,28.

But it is also very likely that next year we will need to kick some more can down the road, so we restructure him and it will in fact end up like you said (and last year or two he will not be here and we will eat som dead cap).

Anyway with this extension I think we are already nicely over the 2023 cap :)

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

They have been eying safeties in the pre-draft process.  This will almost certainly be the last year of having the Poyer/Hyde combination in the backfield - one or both of them will be on a new team in 2023.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Think that seals the deal for the Bills 1st round pick. I'd be surprised if it's a WR unless one falls in their lap. Unlikely since so many teams need a WR. I think it's the best available CB. 

To me, it makes drafting a WR even easier.  It won't be misconstrued as an attempt to get rid of Diggs.  It won't cause any angst in the locker room.  It will just make the offense more potent.  (disclaimer I am a WR in the 1st diehard advocate).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.