Mock draft has Bills trade next years round 1 + , to move up in first - Too much?

Desert Bills Fan

3 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

New York Upstate has the scenario where we trade this years 1st and 3rd plus next years 1st and 5th, to move way up and get DB Sauce Gardner! 
That is a lot , and I don’t watch much college ball, but the pundits think he is great. I think this would be a good deal to go along with the moves already made, all in for this year (and the next couple). We definitely need cornerback help, and not many draft picks will make an impact on this team, but seems the sauce could. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/nfl-draft-2022-bills-find-missing-ingredient-add-sauce-to-secondary-in-big-trade-mock-20.html

what do you think? Too much for a DB position?

Are you trying to put me in the hospital?

• Haha (+1) 6

Great responses , discussions and viewpoints posted here!
I am of the opinion now that the Bills should sign a veteran CB and keep the picks. But if they aren’t comfortable with what is available being in starting lineup for the early games, then by all means pull the trigger on this kind of trade.

I am concerned that the current CB room is not “Championship Caliber”, 
will be interesting to see how this plays out!

4 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Great responses , discussions and viewpoints posted here!
I am of the opinion now that the Bills should sign a veteran CB and keep the picks. But if they aren’t comfortable with what is available being in starting lineup for the early games, then by all means pull the trigger on this kind of trade.

I am concerned that the current CB room is not “Championship Caliber”, 
will be interesting to see how this plays out!

I want to help you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

If he’s Tre White ll and you win a Super Bowl or two,  then not too much.

Tre White was picked 27th overall in his draft.

Just pick the best player you can. No sense in selling the farm to trade way up for a player who might turn out to be a bust anyway.

Don't get fixated on any one player in the draft unless you need a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's hard to get over how last year ended as it really was a great opportunity to win a Super Bowl, but this season is probably going to be as good as it gets for a while in the AFC as far as the Bills making a Super Bowl. 

-Watson will likely miss part of the year in Cleveland

-New regime in Miami will take some time to find their grove with a talent loaded roster

-Chiefs will have to adjust offense to not having Tyreek

-Wilson will need some time to get used to his new offense.

-Burrow will probably keep getting better as the years go on, better to face him now than later.

-Herbert is in the same situation as Burrow, and I expect him to keep getting better

You forgot the Jets!

😠

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I trust the Bill's coaching and scouts when it comes to CB  and scheme. Taking Tre at 27 was not just a lucky pick. Somehow they will sign a vet.

Correct. It was an idiotic pick to run away from a HOF QB to draft a corner.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I have no problem with making a bold move.  If they can get a real difference maker at a premium position, then the asking price in the article is not too high.  Also, Tre will be 32 in 2027 when a rookie would be coming off of his 5th year option.  His current deal is set to end in 4 seasons. That’s pretty good timing.  The real question is this: Is the difference in players (cornerbacks) available at 7 versus 25 worth the extra picks?  My gut says not in this draft.  I think that a smaller trade up would be the way to go.  But if I thought the difference was that big at 7, then I’d be in. 

5 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

New York Upstate has the scenario where we trade this years 1st and 3rd plus next years 1st and 5th, to move way up and get DB Sauce Gardner! 
That is a lot , and I don’t watch much college ball, but the pundits think he is great. I think this would be a good deal to go along with the moves already made, all in for this year (and the next couple). We definitely need cornerback help, and not many draft picks will make an impact on this team, but seems the sauce could. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/nfl-draft-2022-bills-find-missing-ingredient-add-sauce-to-secondary-in-big-trade-mock-20.html

what do you think? Too much for a DB position?

Are you saying the Bills may "aggressively try to move up in the draft"??

hmmmm 

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don't necessarily disagree with going in on Sauce Gardner in a massive trade-up either.  My reasoning is different than yours though... I actually think these few years are as tough as it's going to be.. Burrow & Herbert, and to a lesser extent, Carr, are all SB capable QB's, but unlike Allen & Mahomes, are on rookie/team friendly deals these next few years.  They can load up in ways we can't.

That being said, if we trade up for Sauce, I can't say I hate it because he is a difference maker and I don't think we're mortgaging our future by making sure we get difference makers.   It would actually be a refreshing move away from having the most well-rounded/deepest roster albeit absent top end talent some others have.  

Given Beane's ability to draft well in Rounds 4-7....maybe we should be more aggressive in moving up for game-changers, because we know our GM can round out the roster with guys like Gabe Davis, Dane Jackson, Matt Milano etc..

Or he could be a giant bust.

All mocks are terrible. All of them. But trading this much to move up for a CB when one might be there (if it’s BPA seeing as drafting for need is dumb) at 25 is a bit much. Even for a mock.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.