Yards after contact per attempt leaders

Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Not sustainable. I don't want him running so much.

I don't mind the improvisational runs because they usually lead to big gains or key first downs. The QB Sweep's and Power's though? Yeah, we need to protect our guy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Allen doesn’t surprise me.  It’s sad that when pundits rattle off stats, they omit far too often his rushing yards coupled with his passing yards.  You combine those two and he is by far one of the top 3 in the league in 20 and 21.  22 is more of the same.  4000 yards plus another 425 rushing is my guess.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Contact balance 

Singletary was 3rd in the league in 2020. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/rushing_advanced.htm

His contact balance must've gotten worse. Not much worse, though, he was 11th in 2021, the next one after Harris there..

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Singletary was 3rd in the league in 2020. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/rushing_advanced.htm

His contact balance must've gotten worse. Not much worse, though, he was 11th in 2021, the next one after Harris there..

I thought Singletary found his grove the last 6 games or so in 21....before that he wasn't his normal self.  So, his stats were not as good for the year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Honestly, this is not surprising. A 6'5", 240lb QB with wheels gets the 7th most yards after contact? I'm almost surprised he isn't higher on the list.

Consider for a second that he’s the only one on the list that has the occasion to give himself up and slide at the end of a run… where would he be with those runs excluded?!?! 👀 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.