The Bills need to acquire an enforcer on defense.

Tipster19

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It doesn’t matter how but before the season begins I would really like to see the Bills acquire a tough guy, an enforcer of some sort on defense. Jerry Hughes was almost that guy a couple of years back but he mellowed out a bit in the last couple of years. He committed too many costly penalties before and now he isn’t even on the team as of right now.

Not to pound a tired drum but the position that would be the best to have a tough guy at would be the MLB. As we all have realized for quite some time is Edmunds is not that guy. Even if it isn’t at that position I would still like to see that type of player somewheres on the defense. Our most physical players on the team right now imo is our Tackles. Dawkins and Brown will take care of Josh but we don’t have a very physical defense and I think that could be the missing aspect for this team to get to the next level. Last night I was thinking of Jack Lambert against the Cowboys when one of their guys were messing with the Steelers’ PK and Lambert just slammed the guy to the ground. THAT’S the kind of mentality that I would like for the Bills’ to possess. I wonder if there’s that kind of player in the draft that we could get.

What decade are you currently living in? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What decade are you currently living in? 

Maybe they need a 'Conrad Dobler' type.  Play with soiled pants, flatulence at will, biting opponents?  Overt violence usually results in penalties against your team, although in a 'Gronkowski level incident', it is welcomed.  How about finding the fan that beaned Fournette with the beer can a few years back?  If I remember correctly, McDermott was down there ready to open a can of 'whupass' on Lennie.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It doesn’t matter how but before the season begins I would really like to see the Bills acquire a tough guy, an enforcer of some sort on defense. Jerry Hughes was almost that guy a couple of years back but he mellowed out a bit in the last couple of years. He committed too many costly penalties before and now he isn’t even on the team as of right now.

Not to pound a tired drum but the position that would be the best to have a tough guy at would be the MLB. As we all have realized for quite some time is Edmunds is not that guy. Even if it isn’t at that position I would still like to see that type of player somewheres on the defense. Our most physical players on the team right now imo is our Tackles. Dawkins and Brown will take care of Josh but we don’t have a very physical defense and I think that could be the missing aspect for this team to get to the next level. Last night I was thinking of Jack Lambert against the Cowboys when one of their guys were messing with the Steelers’ PK and Lambert just slammed the guy to the ground. THAT’S the kind of mentality that I would like for the Bills’ to possess. I wonder if there’s that kind of player in the draft that we could get.

Need athletes and speed on defense over the mythical enforcer it is a different NFL. 

Problem is a lot of these enforcer types get abused in the passing game and they also can’t play that way for very long if they want any longevity.  One guy I loved when he was on the Bucs was Jordan Whitehead.  Dude was a heat seaking missile that brought a physicality to that defense.  But do these guys continue to play that way into their 2nd contract? Milano and Poyer have played that way in spurts but seems like they all end up making business decisions now and then.  

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You mean a guy who can get us a bunch of personal fouls for 15 yards like JERRY did over and over again when he was young.

pass.  Not needed in this nfl.  It’s more of a liability at this point.  It’s not

like Von Miller is a cream puff nor Milano.  Poyer is a tough dude as well.  We don’t need a cheap shot guy.

Yes....like Leonard Smith and his timely late hit penalties...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.