Who’s the ONE guy you want the Bills to draft no matter what? 2022 version

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati 

I just watched his highlights to compare to Christian Watson who has a similar build.  From the small sample size I saw, he was aggressively attacking under thrown balls.  Not a good look from Ridder.  It's like the thing Pierce does best.  But, it makes me wonder if he can track a ball over his shoulder, adjust to it and get the YAC.  Certainly had the defender beat on most of those which is a good thing.  There are 11 catches by my count where he turned to face the ball rather than track over his shoulder.  Good trait for back shoulder and endzone jump ball throws.  Definitely has an advantage in those situations.

Alec Pierce

• Like (+1) 2

I'll give 2...Big Ten alum.  Give me speed and let's see anyone stop this offense.

1st round: Dotson.  Playmaker who can play in the slot, move outside, has a 17 ypc average.  2nd best deep ball WR coming out in this class.  Let him continue to add strength and learn alongside Diggs.  This will be a trio of Wrs (Diggs, Davis, Dotson),would be extremely difficult to defend.

2nd round: keep adding to the offensive playmakers, and get Kenneth Walker RB.  He is a similar RB to Motor, but with a completely different top gear...great vision, he hopefully makes it to end of round 2.

We lacked offensive team speed last season.  Take some pressure off Josh and get some guys who can make the homerun plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Round 1 - Andrew Booth. Fits right in to McDermott's defense, has potential to be a true #1 CB, fills a glaring hole. What is there not to love?

Round 2 - Alec Pierce. Adds an explosive downfield element that is missing from our offense. Allen would love chucking up balls to him downfield and Pierce would love to go up and get them. I think long term he could become Allen's primary receiver for the next decade.

Round 3 - Calvin Austin. Ridiculous YAC potential and punt return ability. Nothing else needs to be said.

Those are 3 players that I don't think will actually be there at our picks in each of those rounds, but if they are I can't imagine wanting anyone else on the board.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here is Erik Turner of Cover1 with a nice breakdown of his route running skills.  Cover1 Alec Pierce.

There is lots to like there.  He'd be great at 57 if he was still available.

As it sits now, and looking at several boards, I think it will be close. In my dream world, we would trade back a few spots in the 1st (depending on who's available of course) and pick up a 3rd or 4th. Maybe even with KC for 29 or 30. Grab Gordon and then use the extra 3rd/4th to move up in the 2nd and get Pierce (Saints at 49?). Heck, I'd be willing to give next years 3/4th to make it happen. Picture Diggs, Davis, McKenzie/Crowder and Pierce as 4 wide and Knox on top of that? Hey, one can dream, right? 😁

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I just watched his highlights to compare to Christian Watson who has a similar build.  From the small sample size I saw, he was aggressively attacking under thrown balls.  Not a good look from Ridder.  It's like the thing Pierce does best.  But, it makes me wonder if he can track a ball over his shoulder, adjust to it and get the YAC.  Certainly had the defender beat on most of those which is a good thing.  There are 11 catches by my count where he turned to face the ball rather than track over his shoulder.  Good trait for back shoulder and endzone jump ball throws.  Definitely has an advantage in those situations.

Alec Pierce

I liked his tape much more than Watson!  Big catch radius, great hands, looked shiftier than Watson and still strong as a bull. Im no film expert but loved what i saw. Wheres he projected? 2nd/3rd? Tough call for me in that range when Calvin Austin looks like a home run threat. I guess its a good problem to have

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I liked his tape much more than Watson!  Big catch radius, great hands, looked shiftier than Watson and still strong as a bull. Im no film expert but loved what i saw. Wheres he projected? 2nd/3rd? Tough call for me in that range when Calvin Austin looks like a home run threat. I guess its a good problem to have

I was all over Austin as well as Moore early, but then we re-signed Lil' Dirty. Don't get me wrong still love Austin, but dropped him off my board as I thought for the draft capital, it wasn't as much of a priority. Now I'm looking for a bigger WR with some speed. Love Watson as well, just a little too rich for me in the 1st as some are projecting.🤔

Breece or Kenneth Walker.  Imo those are top 2 RBs, and a big drop off after

I know RB is a luxury pick. And many would dislike.  
I love Motor.  But God forbid, if he got injured- are we going to win super bowl starting Zack Moss?

Breece and Walker open up offense, forces other D to game plan, and is another dimension to help Josh and the O

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Araiza - You only notice punters when you have a bad one. If he is as good as advertised, I'm all in.

I like you’re thought about a punter.  It would be nice to get with our 7th vs. 6th like suggested in the Syracuse article today.  I actually really liked the article.

Trading with the Giants for Sauce Gardner with their 7th if he’s still there would be great.  I also like the Tackle, and Guard picks.  Lastly, the speedster WR was a nice add.

just look at the main board and you’ll see the article I’m referencing in the Syracuse paper.

Have a great day guys.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.