Who’s the ONE guy you want the Bills to draft no matter what? 2022 version

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

Seriously. I would draft Araiza as high as the 4th round. Although we don't punt enough, he could really swing field differential on a regular basis. 

With the 2022 Bills Offense continuing it's playoff performance, the Bills will only need a punter for holding on extra points and field goals or an occasional emergancy punt.

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, H2o said:

Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming 

This guy would be the QB of the defense we've been waiting for. Smart, athletic, takes good angles, and is as sure a tackler as you will ever see. 

I am with you, last year my guy was Pete Werner, who played well for the Saints, but was drafted right before Buffalo's pick.  I have a feeling that had he been available he would have been our pick at 61.  But Chad Muma could be the future MLB in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I like him and hope we take him. But I'm not taking him (or any Punter) higher than Round 5. 

Yes, he has a massive leg. The issue with him though is the following weaknesses, as listed on NFL.com:

- Has relative disregard for touchbacks and coverage consideration.

- Speedy operation allows less time for gunners to get downfield.

- Needs better touch with nose-drop technique for coffin corners.

So if we're punting inside our own 15 or 20, he's great. Otherwise, he's probably just booming it into the endzone.

Allen was too inaccurate to ever become a solid pro

12 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'll give 2...Big Ten alum.  Give me speed and let's see anyone stop this offense.

1st round: Dotson.  Playmaker who can play in the slot, move outside, has a 17 ypc average.  2nd best deep ball WR coming out in this class.  Let him continue to add strength and learn alongside Diggs.  This will be a trio of Wrs (Diggs, Davis, Dotson),would be extremely difficult to defend.

2nd round: keep adding to the offensive playmakers, and get Kenneth Walker RB.  He is a similar RB to Motor, but with a completely different top gear...great vision, he hopefully makes it to end of round 2.

We lacked offensive team speed last season.  Take some pressure off Josh and get some guys who can make the homerun plays.

I’m going to second the Jahan Dotson. I think he’ll be available at 25, or may need to go up a bit higher. 

IMO, his best comp is Paul Warfield. One of the smoothest WR I’ve seen. 
and has extraordinary hands and ball skills. 

Biggest knocks against him are lack of top top speed (ran 4.41 at combine, 4.33 at psu). That’s about what Lee Evans ran. 

and size. Not the biggest guy, but did 13 reps at 225 at combine. Not bad at 180 lbs. 

I have no real inside knowledge. I’m guessing he goes between 20-35. 

For all those wanting that punter in the 4th round, isn’t it possible his ability to punt the ball far could possibly hurt the Bills? What if he is just booming kicks into the end zone. I’d rather spend a 6th or 7th on a different punter, like the one from Georgia. Not spending a premium draft pick on a punter when the Bills have positions in need of depth and there will still be good punters available in the 6th/7th and even UDFA.

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

JAMESON  WILLIAMS  WR (4.25 speed)

#1 reason.....i dont want him on KC....that would be very bad

bills have bigger needs at CB & OL.....but i dont care

I am good with this pick either way.. We have the best rout runner in the game to teach the kid better rout techniques and how to get off the LOS faster.

• Like (+1) 1

Different take on this question... While I agree that WR is a need, I think it's also so deep, like, historically deep, that it would behoove us to wait until the 3rd or 4th to take one. In no particular order, Khalil Shakir, John Metchie III (probably goes in the 2nd), Calvin Austin III, Justyn Ross, David Bell, Jalen Tolbert, Wan'Dale Robinson, Bo Melton and Tyquan Thornton would all be interesting.

Of that list, I'm w/ @Gunner in prioritizing outside WRs if possible, so Ross, Tolbert and Bell would be at the top...

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Andrew Booth. If he is there at #25 and the Bills don't take him my tv is in very severe danger of  ot making it through the night. 

I want Jameson, but Booth is the one defensive player that has a chance to be there @25 I don't see Beane passing up. I won't complain, but they better have a trade up in round 2 for wr if it plays out that way. (But I think he goes way earlier, to be honest.)

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here is Erik Turner of Cover1 with a nice breakdown of his route running skills.  Cover1 Alec Pierce.

There is lots to like there.  He'd be great at 57 if he was still available.

OK.  Closing the loop hereon Alec Pierce.  TDN has him @ 95, Draftek @ 123, PFF @ 75 and B/R @ 38.  Here is his RAS which shows some lack of agility which is more the norm for tall guys.  He does seem to be a traits kind of guy.  I really wonder if he can track balls over his shoulder and adjust well to them.  Something I think Don Beebe and Cole Beasley had trouble with (and McKelvin too, fwiw.)  He seems to prefer to turn and face the ball to track it with both eyes and ***** it which seems to work well for him but limits the YAC potential.    His RAS is 9.8.   

Alec Pierce RAS.jpg

To everyone who wants Araiza - I asked this in another thread - why him over the other punters? Especially if it costs a 4 or 5. He seems too boom or bust and has never been a holder. I might take a slam dunk punter prospect that high but he doesn’t appear to be that. Other punters like the kid from Penn state or the kid from UGA may not have as much leg power as Araiza, but they are much more advanced than he is at things such as directional control and getting the ball to inside of the 10 yard line in the coffin corner. That might be all the Bills need, because do they really intend on doing a bunch of punting from deep inside their own territory? A team with a good offense is probably more likely to be punting closer to midfield. Just looking to see if I’m missing something 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Breece Hall but I’ve been on the franchise back train for the last 3 years. 

I agree.  I hope they get him

Give me James Mitchell from Virginia Tech.  He is a stud that got injured last year and would have been a first or second round pick.  Could probably get him in 4th or 5th range

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:55 AM, Draconator said:

So what team is your Super Bowl contender?

I'll wait...

For what? This makes no sense.

Even talking about drafting a punter is a waste of time. I’ll wait for you not to waste yours and my time.

19 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

For what? This makes no sense.

Even talking about drafting a punter is a waste of time. I’ll wait for you not to waste yours and my time.

So drafting Bass in your playbook also makes no sense.

Riiiiggghhhhttttt......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.