Trade idea from Cover 1

Desert Bills Fan

I could see the Bills trading Epenesa and their first to move up. They might have to have some other picks in it but that could be the core of it. 

There has been speculation that they are looking to trade a pick and a veteran. I don't see a starter level vet but positions where there is depth like DE I could see trading Epenesa or Basham. 

In fairness, a few people actually mentioned similar type trades on here weeks ago. Not saying that this is where Cover 1 got the idea, but it’s possible. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Beane and Schoen end up working something out.

If they can work something out that allows us to get Stingley, I am all for it. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

They are about to trade you

It’s too late for that now I’m whey pass my prime they’ve would have to give up their entire life savings for someone to even consider that trade !!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Putin said:

It’s too late for that now I’m whey pass my prime they’ve would have to give up their entire life savings for someone to even consider that trade !!! 

Do you think they might throw in a 5th rounder to sweeten the pot?  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you think they might throw in a 5th rounder to sweeten the pot?  🤷‍♂️

they would even give up their dog who they love more then me to sweeten the deal 

Edited by Putin

4 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

On Saturday, April 2, Cover 1 host Greg Thompsett suggested a trade proposal that could ultimately land Bradberry in Buffalo, while also clearing room for a veteran defensive end to be re-signed.

Thompsett tweeted, “Ok… hear me out… [Bills general manager] Brandon Beane trades AJ Epenesa to NYG for James Bradberry… and then just re-signs Jerry Hughes.”

Not the worst idea I have heard lately. What do you think? 

Not a great habit trading young players for old…. Epenesa could blossom this year with Jerry and Mario out of the way….

Everyone’s giving the topic creator crap for calling an idea a rumor.

Meanwhile, the idea itself is actually a good one, IMO.

You can’t convince me that Bradberry + Hughes wouldn’t do more to help the Bills win games than AJ Epenesa. Has Epenesa shown anyone ANYTHING to convince them he’s gonna break out in year three?! Meanwhile, Bradberry has shown to be a high level corner in the type of defensive scheme we play, and Hughes offers a lot more pass rush juice (and leadership) than AJ.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually......I am for it

I have got this bad feeling that AJE is a bust....and that is why the bills double dipped the following year on defensive line players.

They double dipped because they knew that they would be moving on from Hughes and Addison this off season.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Everyone’s giving the topic creator crap for calling an idea a rumor.

Meanwhile, the idea itself is actually a good one, IMO.

You can’t convince me that Bradberry + Hughes wouldn’t do more to help the Bills win games than AJ Epenesa. Has Epenesa shown anyone ANYTHING to convince them he’s gonna break out in year three?! Meanwhile, Bradberry has shown to be a high level corner in the type of defensive scheme we play, and Hughes offers a lot more pass rush juice (and leadership) than AJ.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/aj-epenesa-james-bradberry-trade/

And according to the above version of the idea, the Giants would be offsetting some of the cost.

In order for the Bills to make everything fit under the salary cap, “They’d need to create a small amount of space through restructures… but not a ton,” Thompsett noted. However, the big question is how much would the Giants would be willing to knock off Bradberry’s contract.

Giants Wire’s Dan Benton noted, “The team would eat $11.28 million in dead space if  Bradberry were designated a pre-June 1 release and get nothing in return, so there’s at least some financial wiggle room here,” depending on they can get in return.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.