Your Bills confidence meter - from propping up or worrying about almost every opponent to expecting to win

BillsFan619

I  think the O with new coaches  all  through the ranks will take some time to find itself.  The roster is pretty good in many places, but needs filling in a couple of times yet.  I expect 10-7 or 11-6 as a result of finding their way while playing the season.  We have been spoiled by coordinator stability beyond normal limits.

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I  think the O with new coaches  all  through the ranks will take some time to find itself.  The roster is pretty good in many places, but needs filling in a couple of times yet.  I expect 10-7 or 11-6 as a result of finding their way while playing the season.  We have been spoiled by coordinator stability beyond normal limits.

New OC Ken Dorsey has been on the staff for a while. I don't think there will be much of a transition. The Bills promoted Dorsey to keep Allen happy and in the same system. Will Dorsey add some things to the offense probably but they are most likely going to continue running the same offense since its been successful.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

New OC Ken Dorsey has been on the staff for a while. I don't think there will be much of a transition. The Bills promoted Dorsey to keep Allen happy and in the same system. Will Dorsey add some things to the offense probably but they are most likely going to continue running the same offense since its been successful.

A  bunch of new cooks in the room w Dorsey.  Shula, Kromer, and others.  McD will be there sometime also.  So, gonna be different.  Of course, in Caroline, Shula was the coordinator and Dorsey was the QB coach.  (the group that ruined Cam Newton btw)  I will be unconvinced until I am convinced by actual performance.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

He is less risk averse, yet for some reason in the middle of the KC game we went conservative and just threw away several drives. At the end of the game, there were inexcusable errors. You've got to be sharp in the crucial moments and there is certainly room for growth there . . . 

Let's see what happens with Daboll gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

A  bunch of new cooks in the room w Dorsey.  Shula, Kromer, and others.  McD will be there sometime also.  So, gonna be different.  Of course, in Caroline, Shula was the coordinator and Dorsey was the QB coach.  (the group that ruined Cam Newton btw)  I will be unconvinced until I am convinced by actual performance.

This offense runs thru Allen. McDermott and Dorsey both know this. Why change it if it isn't broke? Do I expect some changes added in? Yes of course. But they are going to run what Allen feels comfortable doing. They would be crazy not to.

16 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Good question.  With this present regime and roster I believe that the Bills are capable of beating any team in the NFL, thus I expect them to win.  Having said that, I also believe in "any given Sunday" and if the team doesn't play focused, they are capable of losing any game.  I usually get a feel on the first drive.  If Josh is "on" and the Bills score a TD on their first drive, I feel more confident.  If the defense is stout and limits the opposition on its first drive, that confidence bolsters.  In truth, I don't believe there are any pushover teams in the NFL.  Every team has talent.

This. What was so maddening last season was when we were in a close game, we found ways to lose. That hasn’t been an issue previously. Certhope that’s was just a fluke thing, but it happened a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'll worry about a bunch of games, but in general, I expect us to reach a certain minimum level of success next season.

I would define that as certainly making the playoffs and winning the first game in the playoffs.

Beyond that, it's luck, avoiding injuries, getting the right matchup, and so on.

16 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

It’s a defense mechanism a number of posters on here employ. They are so afraid of being disappointed by a loss that they amplify our teams flaws while building up our opponents so if we lose it doesn’t hurt them as much. 

Hey this defense mechanism has served me damn well over the years!

Actually... no, it hasn't. Every loss during the drought still pissed me the ***** right off. 

The season is a marathon not a sprint

We are going to lose to team/teams that we should beat.   We are going to beat teams/team that is playing well.

The only thing you like to see is progress from year to year.....

Despite our offensive success......we were not able to run the ball effectively until the end of the year

Despite our defense being ranked number 1 good offenses shredded us

I hope that have that all sorted out when the playoff games rolled around but I am not going to teeth gnash game to game.

As in the immortal words of Kobe Bryant "Scared?.....get a dog"

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the team is clearly good enough to beat anyone, at the same time things like the Jags and Steelers game from last year do happen sometimes.

Our OL really struggled early last year and this showed in Josh’s game as it should. Give Josh some decent protection so he’s expects some time, and get out his way. TDs are coming…..

PS - about that luck, we sure do need that. Any team, even ones that have a process to eliminate injuries can be struck down just like that. Like Tre last year, we may not have lost a lot of players, but sure lost a very key one….

I think we have a great team, a great QB, and we have a great chance to win it all.  However, I do get kinda nervous about all the high expectations...and to be honest, the cockiness of our fan base has been a little unsettling.  I guess I am just not used to be that supremely confident...I can't get there, until they actually do it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm confident the Bills are a good team, but I'd be lying if I said I'm more confident now than I was after the Chiefs loss. 

After that run, it was clear our offense was on fire & Josh was just as capable as anyone in the league. Next post-season we just beat the Chiefs & all good. 

But man has the AFC become far more competitive. Even our own division stands to be a good bit better. The great young QBs everyone talked about last year all will be better, but now we have SB-level vets joining strong teams, and DeShaun Watson back, only now he's on a strong team too.

So Bills will still be good & can beat anyone in the league, Josh is still great, but the landscape they're competing in took a huge leap in difficulty. 

It's kind of weird looking at the schedule & realizing that we'll be favored in almost all of the games, if not all.

My expectations are high, as is my confidence.  I think the Bills learned some hard lessons about not buying into early hype last season.  I think they're going to play every game with the Jags & 13 seconds in the back of their minds. I expect them to play with desperation from the 1st snap until victory formation in the SB.

30 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'm confident the Bills are a good team, but I'd be lying if I said I'm more confident now than I was after the Chiefs loss. 

After that run, it was clear our offense was on fire & Josh was just as capable as anyone in the league. Next post-season we just beat the Chiefs & all good. 

But man has the AFC become far more competitive. Even our own division stands to be a good bit better. The great young QBs everyone talked about last year all will be better, but now we have SB-level vets joining strong teams, and DeShaun Watson back, only now he's on a strong team too.

So Bills will still be good & can beat anyone in the league, Josh is still great, but the landscape they're competing in took a huge leap in difficulty. 

Need to get that #1 seed. I like the Bills chances against anybody in OP (including the Colts) but we go on the road then I am not so confident. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.