An Idea for a potential Bills draft trade down with Atlanta!

JaCrispy

34 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nope - we do not need additional picks.  Move up from 2nd round and 3rd - even round 1.

Get me 4-5 guys in this draft to fill in.

I don’t need 9-10 picks with this roster.  Get me some talent to grow with.

We don't need extra picks. Hell, we don't need much of anything. We sure could use some extra picks, though, always, whether for trade or for use.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

How would you feel about trading down and picking up a #1 for 2023 in the process?

Can't speak for him, but I'd sure be interested, but it would depend on the complete terms of the deal, and I myself doubt we get much back beyond that first and, what, a 4th or a 5th this year? Which I probably wouldn't take.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

If the top four corners are off the board at #25, here is a potential trade, down the board, that I think would be ideal for our Bills...

Falcons get:

#25 (720)

#89 (145)

Zack Moss

—————-

Total (865)

Bills get:

#43 (470)

#74 (220)

#82 (180)

—————-

Toal (870)

With this trade, the Bills would have 43, 57, 74, and 82 to address CB, WR, OL, and RB if they wanted to...What do you think? Do you like this scenario, given the circumstance?

Why? You're now drafting a RB to replace Moss.  I think Beane might be more likely to trade up

28 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We don't need extra picks. Hell, we don't need much of anything. We sure could use some extra picks, though, always, whether for trade or for use.

Can't speak for him, but I'd sure be interested, but it would depend on the complete terms of the deal, and I myself doubt we get much back beyond that first and, what, a 4th or a 5th this year? Which I probably wouldn't take.

You saw last year what extra picks do.  We lost a guy drafted for IOL depth in Anderson and a DB depth pick in Wildgoose.  Both guys they obviously wanted, but needed time.

Why in the world would we want more picks that have no way to make the roster and are available for teams to grab with no loss.

With a nearly full roster you are just begging for teams to steal your late round picks for nothing.  Use the 5th, 6th round picks to move up and get me the players they want.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills already have more draft picks than they need -- more than can make this loaded roster.  They should be trying for quality, not quantity, by trading up as much as possible.  They need five rookies -- CB, WR, OL, possibly RB, possibly backup QB -- and those guys should be as good as possible.  

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills already have more draft picks than they need -- more than can make this loaded roster.  They should be trying for quality, not quantity, by trading up as much as possible.  They need five rookies -- CB, WR, OL, possibly RB, possibly backup QB -- and those guys should be as good as possible.  

I would add a LB, TE and another OL to your list. Maybe a 2nd CB/DB if we don't add a FA corner.

• JaCrispy changed the title to An Idea for a potential Bills draft trade with Atlanta!
2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nope - we do not need additional picks.  Move up from 2nd round and 3rd - even round 1.

Get me 4-5 guys in this draft to fill in.

I don’t need 9-10 picks with this roster.  Get me some talent to grow with.

agreed.  we need more elite talent that will make the roster and an impact on the field

• Like (+1) 1

• JaCrispy changed the title to An Idea for a potential Bills draft trade down with Atlanta!
4 hours ago, wppete said:

Nah... I’d rather use Zach Moss, AJ Epenesa and our 1st and 5th to trade up to around #15 to get the #2 or # 3 CB. Stingley or Mcduffy or by some miracle Sauce Gardner drops there (I doubt it).

Lol, that might get us to 24. What else are you giving up to move an additional 9 spots?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If the top four corners are off the board at #25, here is a potential trade, down the board, that I think would be ideal for our Bills...

Falcons get:

#25 (720)

#89 (145)

Zack Moss

—————-

Total (865)

Bills get:

#43 (470)

#74 (220)

#82 (180)

—————-

Toal (870)

With this trade, the Bills would have 43, 57, 74, and 82 to address CB, WR, OL, and RB if they wanted to...What do you think? Do you like this scenario, given the circumstance?

Edit: Feel free to remove Zack Moss if you want...I just threw him in because we would likely be upgrading from him...👍

Not a draft or situation to be trading down for the Bills. Despite the strange belief that the Bills roster has holes everywhere.. most of these rookies won't make the roster. They should be trading up to target guys they want and picking fewer overall players this year. 

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Lol, that might get us to 24. What else are you giving up to move an additional 9 spots?

Might move us back a few spots honestly due to the team having to take on their salary. 

Edited by Motor26
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Not a draft or situation to be trading down for the Bills. Despite the strange belief that the Bills roster has holes everywhere.. most of these rookies won't make the roster. They should be trading up to target guys they want and picking fewer overall players this year. 

While I agree to some extent, an argument could also be made the other way around... A lot of our players are on 1 year deals...Plus, we don’t have solid depth at several positions, such as CB, LB, WR, and OL...if one guy goes down at any of those positions, the team could be in serious trouble...

Edited by JaCrispy

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Or keep Moss...I don’t really care... I just tried to even the value, and sweeten the pot a little, to get Atlanta to make the deal...

I don’t think you would need to sweeten it with a player…the falcons would be getting back in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

My goal was to accumulate value in the sweet spot of the draft, based on our needs- to get us out of that “no man’s land”...👍

What it amounts to is we get an extra 3rd round pick to move down 15 spots!

12 minutes ago, ganesh said:

What it amounts to is we get an extra 3rd round pick to move down 15 spots!

While true, for the most part, the consensus seems to be that there is very little difference, in value, from the prospects being picked between 15-60...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.