Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

On 4/3/2022 at 8:12 AM, HappyDays said:

The article this comes from doesn't make it sound like it's actually in the works.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031528-nfl-rumors-stephon-gilmore-draws-interest-from-chiefs-eagles-and-bills

Saying “he played there as a rookie “ makes it sound like he was only in Buffalo for one season.

Is Poyer really that good? Draft a kid and plug him in. 

I call BS on the Gillmore interest. I’m guessing it’s his agent making it would like his client has many teams interested in signing him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Frez said:

Is Poyer really that good? Draft a kid and plug him in. 

I call BS on the Gilmore interest. I’m guessing it’s his agent making it would like his client has many teams interested in signing him. 

I'm not sure how good Poyer is all by himself, but when he is on the field with Hyde, that duo is the best in the NFL.  A big part of it is how well they know the system and how well they play off each other.  I think losing Poyer will make Hyde less effective too.  I hope we can find the money to resign Poyer.  Our safety duo is the foundation of the entire defense.  I'd rather lose Edmonds than Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Gilmore played for $7 million last year with the Panthers.  I think people may be over estimating what it would take to sign him.

To me he could  be a good signing at around 4 ish million, one year,  not that I think he wants to be with the Bills, or that the Bills want him, but hey, it ain’t over till it’s over, anything Beane might do should not surprise anyone at this point.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

To me he could  be a good signing at around 4 ish million, one year,  not that I think he wants to be with the Bills, or that the Bills want him, but hey, it ain’t over till it’s over, anything Beane might do should not surprise anyone at this point.

Good morning Don,

Tre' White, Gilmore, Taron Johnson, Poyer and Hyde would be far and away the best secondary in a pass happy NFL.  I'd pay Gilmore $10 mm on a one year deal to play here and try to win a championship.  His issues with the Bills are not with the current regime and I don't think there is cause for any bad blood from Beane's point of view with Gilmore.

I think Gilmore is the best vet CB who is still on the market and would be more than adequate as the Bills CB2.  I hope they make a deal and bring him in.  I started a thread two weeks ago about kicking the tires on Gilmore and I still think it would be a great signing for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Good morning Don,

Tre' White, Gilmore, Taron Johnson, Poyer and Hyde would be far and away the best secondary in a pass happy NFL.  I'd pay Gilmore $10 mm on a one year deal to play here and try to win a championship.  His issues with the Bills are not with the current regime and I don't think there is cause for any bad blood from Beane's point of view with Gilmore.

I think Gilmore is the best vet CB who is still on the market and would be more than adequate as the Bills CB2.  I hope they make a deal and bring him in.  I started a thread two weeks ago about kicking the tires on Gilmore and I still think it would be a great signing for the Bills.

Admittedly my dollar amount is low, and he would be a very good get, that would create, as you said, a great secondary,  my only gripe with Gilmore is that he always appears grumpy, or pissed about something or another 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Admittedly my dollar amount is low, and he would be a very good get, that would create, as you said, a great secondary,  my only gripe with Gilmore is that he always appears grumpy, or pissed about something or another 😁👍

Lol!  Grumpy young millionaires.  An interesting phenomenon....

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.