Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

21 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Hello all…haven’t posted in while. But this just popped up on my phone & I’m curious on what the fans think about Gilmore coming back here???

Me personally, I wouldn’t really like it being how he left us…I feel like he don’t deserve to be part of our special team hahahaha 

like don’t come back now after we became great. 

(I was trying to post my screenshot but the website won’t let me) 

E443A9CC-1321-4E7F-A37D-80AC9E93FD6F.jpeg

Don't like him.  Don't want him. Not a process guy.  He is a ME first, last, and always guy.

Not good for our locker room.

Fill the cornerback need through the draft.

No thank you.  No way.  Hard pass.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Don't like him.  Don't want him. Not a process guy.  He is a ME first, last, and always guy.

No thank you.  No way. Hard pass.

But should we kick the tires?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I'd take Gilmore back if he wanted to come here on a team friendly deal in hopes of getting another ring. His play hasn't fallen off of a cliff like Norman's had and right now he's better than Levi Wallace was. Having both him and Tre, when Tre is healthy, on the boundaries would be awesome. He could also fill that #1 role in case Tre's recovery drags a few weeks into the season if need be. If this were to happen we would truly be going into the draft with no glaring holes whatsoever. 

😄 does anyone here ever post that they want to sign someone to a non team friendly deal? after kicking the tires, of course

Edited by nucci
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No thank you.  No way.  Hard pass.

I thought the same when we traded for Diggs. I was wrong. You are really underestimating the leadership we have in our locker room. From the coaching staff to the players. He excelled at NE. If that's not a process environment, I don't know what is. This sounds more like personal feelings than anything else. 

9 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Still a very good if declining talent with absolutely zero leadership or teammate skills. He's proven he's all about $ and talked trash about Buffalo on his way out. Yes, he played when we were a clownshow, but the shots were unwarranted. I'd 100% rather give up a mid-round pick to the Giants for Bradberry. 

I would LOVE to have Bradberry here!!! 😎👍🏾

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Gilmore would be a fantastic signing for right deal.  That would be great if we could sign CB 2 pre draft, fill all our holes.  And then go BPA all day!

It’s so interesting…because this thread is almost 50/50 …there’s some like yourself that would love the signing of it happen for the right price. 
Other’s like myself, feel even at the right price he’s not worth bringing back. I just feel like if he came back, he’s a little salty the way he left & nobody wouldn’t really embrace him again. He will kill the mindset we have in that locker room… now if we can somehow trade for Bradberry from the Giants. I would love that even more! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I dont get fans obsession with players being "traitors",  its a business and they are here to make money and win and thats what Gilmore did. If he can help us im all for it.

When I read a post where someone calls a former Bill "disloyal" or a "traitor" because they took a better offer from another team, I immediately label that poster as a moron and dismiss most all of their opinions. It is one of the most idiotic things a fan could say. It's even dumber when it only applies if they go to the Pats*, Fins or some other team the poster has an issue with.

If the former player really trashes the city of Buffalo or the fans after he leaves, then I can understand not liking the player. I despise Fred Smerlas. But not because he is a "traitor". Because he badmouths/badmouthed the Bills fans, and the city of Buffalo, when outside WNY, then sucks up to them when on WNY media.  Still, if he were much younger and could still play and help the Bills, I'd take him back at the right price. Why not?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I would LOVE to have Bradberry here!!! 😎👍🏾

Spitballing and having fun.

Trade Edmunds for 2022 mid 2nd and 5th

Trade Epenesa + our 5th for Bradberry

with retention

Edmunds clears up cap space for Bradberry

No pressing need for CB now

Draft

1st Round…WR Jameson Williams, Christian Watson or Chris Olave

MID 2nd received in trade…LB Troy Andersen

2nd Round pick 57 (maybe use 6th to trade up few spots)…RB Kenneth Walker

3rd Round pick 89…best OLine available

4th Round pick 129…Punter Matt Araiza

Mid 5th received in trade…Safety, LB or developmental CB

6th Round if not traded..see above

6th Round again…see 5th round

7th Round….same

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

I thought the same when we traded for Diggs. I was wrong. You are really underestimating the leadership we have in our locker room. From the coaching staff to the players. He excelled at NE. If that's not a process environment, I don't know what is. This sounds more like personal feelings than anything else. 

You could be right.  Not personal since I do not know Gilmore on a personal or any other level.  Beane and McDermott have done a great job of building a group of players that puts team above self.  In my very humble opinion, Gilmore does not appear to be that type of player.

Also, his compensation would not fit under our cap.  We need to get an upgrade from Wallace at a much lower compensation such as in the draft or a player on a "prove it" one year contract.

If we want to keep Diggs for his next contract, we need to increase the number of contributing players on our roster with 4 or 5 year rookie contracts.  That is just our current reality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Gilmore, Haden or Xavier Rhodes?  Which one

If the money is about the same give or take a mill or two obviously Gilmore, but I think the price difference would be significant 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Iamkrgr said:

Edmunds is a guy that I think people will miss when he’s gone. 

Especially when the plan from some seems to be replace him with a rookie. We're all in this year. Let it play out. If we win the SB, they can do what they want, because I'll be able to die in peace. 🙏

16 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Especially when the plan from some seems to be replace him with a rookie. We're all in this year. Let it play out. If we win the SB, they can do what they want, because I'll be able to die in peace. 🙏

I honestly think Nakobe Dean would come in as a rookie and outplay him, because Dean has the instincts for football, though not a physical specimen like Edmonds. (But I want a top wr in the first, and if we don't go there, it will likely be cb, so the point is moot.)

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

I think there are better players out there & possibly in the draft that would be less expensive . Gilmore is a decent CB but you can depend on him getting beat & looking at someone else when he does .

Last year was it when the Bills played the Panthers he got smoked by one of our WR's & in classic Gilmore form looked back at another player as to say it wasn't my fault where were you .

I hope they go a different direction even though we do need a CB if he would play for vet minimum might be the only way i would say yes but i don't see that happening .

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:27 AM, HOUSE said:

This is very exciting, I already have the jersey and this will save me big bucks :w00t:

Edit: My wife said she threw it away, :doh:

I am not buying another one so its best the Bills pass on Gilmore, its simple economics. I would never buy the same jersey twice.

If they ever bring back Terrence McGee, I am set!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.