Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

Von also was playing golf with Haden a few days ago. I think the Bills are all in on a veteran as well as drafting high. Which vet, depends on who will sign for under $5. IMO that won’t be Gilmore because he was still voted to the pro bowl last year. He won’t go anywhere for under $10. 

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

If that's the case it's a hard pass, I know he was all about the money, but usually players see the big picture when decline in skills start happening. 

That's just emotional, he wasn't under contract. He finished the contract and left in free agency. 

That's like saying you're an engineer for a company that is failing and your offered a job at a successful company for more pay and you're not supposed to take it because of "loyalty". 

Just doesn't work that way.

Yes it’s like he was a model player while he was with us you could totally tell he didn’t want to be there

Setting aside the cap implications for a minute, why do I get the feeling many here would rather see Christian Wade or Duke Williams on the 53 rather than Gilmore? 

I think most still want to see a vet CB in here and I think it will happen. Gilmore may be a long shot but it would be okay with me. 

Raise your hand if you thought the Bills would land Von Miller.

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Everything I have seen from Gilmore is a play for pay mentality. Now every professional has that to some degree, but you can also play with heart. I don’t see much heart from Gilmore. 

I'll admit he never looked like he was happy to be a bill and said some stupid things when he left, but you don't become defensive player of the year playing from pure talent and just a desire for money. You have to put in the work to be the best, and he obviously did being arguably the best CB in the nfl for span of about 3 years. This is a new bills regime, and hes older and wiser, I bet he could buy into the bills mentality.

12 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

The article shows zero evidence this has happened, it outright says "nothing in the works" and then says the Bills could be in on him because he was here before. 

Understandable….just wanted some thoughts if it were to happen? How would you feel about him returning after the way he left? 

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm sure they'd love to get him. 

I have drastic doubt they can afford him. Totally makes sense to kick the tires, though.

Thurm! My guy 😎 … I can see why they would be interested in him but as most people have said in this thread…Gilmore is a me guy for sure! I just don’t think he’s the type of player that goes with our culture. I don’t think he’ll truly buy in

3 hours ago, Putin said:

The only way he’s coming to Buffalo is if Bean gives him more $$$$ then any other team 

that’s it , it’s all about money for him 

I don’t think his demand is that high…price probably went down because nobody was interested. Now his price has lowered which is why we’re hearing teams may have some interest in him. He’s going to get a 1 yr $8M dollar deal ….something like that…just don’t see him getting a huge pay day honestly 

49 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Understandable….just wanted some thoughts if it were to happen? How would you feel about him returning after the way he left? 

Still a very good if declining talent with absolutely zero leadership or teammate skills. He's proven he's all about $ and talked trash about Buffalo on his way out. Yes, he played when we were a clownshow, but the shots were unwarranted. I'd 100% rather give up a mid-round pick to the Giants for Bradberry. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't remember him leaving on bad terms, but going to the Patriots is what hurt. 

For a while, the Bills just felt like a DB farm team for other teams to loot once they developed. I wouldn't mind Gilmore back, just wouldn't expect anything great from him. 

16 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Hello all…haven’t posted in while. But this just popped up on my phone & I’m curious on what the fans think about Gilmore coming back here???

Me personally, I wouldn’t really like it being how he left us…I feel like he don’t deserve to be part of our special team hahahaha 

like don’t come back now after we became great. 

(I was trying to post my screenshot but the website won’t let me) 

E443A9CC-1321-4E7F-A37D-80AC9E93FD6F.jpeg

hes not horrible and i would take him at the right price. I could care less that he left, good on him getting a Superbowl.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS WINNING THE SUPERBOWL.

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

disagree 

From the link above 

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — After skipping the Buffalo Bills' entire spring schedule of voluntary workouts, cornerback Stephon Gilmore provided one good reason why he showed up for practice on Tuesday.

"It's mandatory," Gilmore said.

Rather than risk being fined by the Bills for refusing to report, Gilmore was a grudging participant in opening the team's three-day mandatory minicamp.

Was a different team back then, given our track record who could blame him for leaving.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We need to get beyond the “hurt feelings” and keep the eyes on the prize. The Super Bowl is all that matters!! Gilmore isn’t the player that he was but could be a valuable addition. 

I dont get fans obsession with players being "traitors",  its a business and they are here to make money and win and thats what Gilmore did. If he can help us im all for it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What do you mean by "how he left"? The Bills made an offer and NE offered more. We had been a bad team for many years and NE was winning SB's. We were undergoing regime changes regularly while NE was set for the long run. He wanted to win and get paid. What's the problem?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I made your point if you completely overlooked the fact that he went 11-5 with Vinny throwing 16 TDs and 18 ints.  

He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.  Brady's first three Super Bowl's had more to do with the defense than him.  Belichick is an all time great coach but I do wonder if the modern game has passed him by.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.  Brady's first three Super Bowl's had more to do with the defense than him.  Belichick is an all time great coach but I do wonder if the modern game has passed him by.

not sure it's passed him by. He got away with poor drafting over the years. It's now catching up to him. They don't have great players on the roster right now

I'd take Gilmore back if he wanted to come here on a team friendly deal in hopes of getting another ring. His play hasn't fallen off of a cliff like Norman's had and right now he's better than Levi Wallace was. Having both him and Tre, when Tre is healthy, on the boundaries would be awesome. He could also fill that #1 role in case Tre's recovery drags a few weeks into the season if need be. If this were to happen we would truly be going into the draft with no glaring holes whatsoever. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.