Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Gilmore is one of a long line of maligned players that did not deserve hate from fans. One of the great CB in the league and some fans never appreciated his talent. 

Fans probably never liked him because he has resting bi#ch face...😉

He just always comes off like he’s constantly miserable...

Edited by JaCrispy

Beane was absolutely right to let him walk at that time.   Gilmore didn’t want to be here which is not what the team was looking for at the time, he was going to get paid elite dollars which the Bills at the time didn’t want to spend because they were not contending and they wanted a fresh start with players who would have full buy in.

Now that 5 years have gone by, the culture is secure with the team, and now Gilmore may have a different view of the team, not to mention he probably will be a lot cheaper and can possibly be had on a short-term contract, the timing and situation is different and could be had.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Beane was absolutely right to let him walk at that time.   Gilmore didn’t want to be here which is not what the team was looking for at the time, he was going to get paid elite dollars which the Bills at the time didn’t want to spend because they were not contending and they wanted a fresh start with players who would have full buy in.

Now that 5 years have gone by, the culture is secure with the team, and now Gilmore may have a different view of the team, not to mention he probably will be a lot cheaper and can possibly be had on a short-term contract, the timing and situation is different and could be had.

Gilmore left in free agency before Beane was even hired as GM. That was Doug Whaley and McDermott.

One of the reasons McDermott let him leave in the first place is the schematic fit. I know Gilmore is older now, but he was a man cover corner, not much of a zone guy. They could have given him a franchise tag and they didn’t. I don’t think they wanted him. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One of the reasons McDermott let him leave in the first place is the schematic fit. I know Gilmore is older now, but he was a man cover corner, not much of a zone guy. They could have given him a franchise tag and they didn’t. I don’t think they wanted him. 

I think he’s more of a fit at CB2 in this scheme. McDermott does play some man. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My point is Gilmore is a good player… despite how Bills fans feel about him because he “quit” or “went to play for the Patriots.” Give me a break. 

Not trying to bust your balls but you said it, he's a good player. I can get behind that. 

If they sign him then great,  but I don't think he was as "great" as he thought he was is my point.

He played on a ***** team at the time for sure but when you talk about "prime time games" as your reason for trying, he's just looking for money IMHO.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Logic said:

You must be mistaken, Scott. I’ve never been wrong in my life. Not once.

What a crazy coincidence, neither have I,

oh, and don’t listen to my wife…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Isn’t that why the Chiefs are supposedly interested in him?

Apparently he still plays football too. Who knew?  🤷‍♂️

I don’t think we can afford him, but he makes the team better, so I’m in. I didn’t like some of his actions while he was here, but I want the Bills to win a Super Bowl. I can get over it. 

McD had a chance to resign Gilmore in 2017 off-season and opted not to mainly because he wasn't a fit for the zone scheme. 5 years later I doubt that assessment has changed. Given how the Bills operate mostly off the radar I don't believe any rumors until after the fact (when things leak easier). If something is leaking from the Bills it 90% of the time is empty noise. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Apparently he still plays football too. Who knew?  🤷‍♂️

I don’t think we can afford him, but he makes the team better, so I’m in. I didn’t like some of his actions while he was here, but I want the Bills to win a Super Bowl. I can get over it. 

per Spotrac for the top 51 the Bills have 

$3,698,532

and they need how much for the rookie pool?

52 minutes ago, Magox said:

Beane didn’t let him walk, McD did. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, buffblue said:

I just don't think he's a fit here. Never seemed to be a team first guy. 

Certainly don't miss the guy getting burnt to a crisp by a receiver, then turning around with his hands up as though to blame someone else!

image.thumb.png.23600f633315f7a18df5c317d63efc70.png

He got burned?  He must suck!  Tre White got lit up his rookie year against AJ Green, so he must suck too.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He got burned?  He must suck!  Tre White got lit up his rookie year against AJ Green, so he must suck too.

C'mon man, you can do better than this. Of course every CB gets beat from time to time. It's the nature of the position. Where did I imply that this wasn't the case?

What an asinine post

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I want to win a super bowl….not many other corners would have the same kind of impact Gilmore would.  He’s not what he was a few years ago, but he’s still the best option available.  Sign me up

The problem is that he is going to cost 5-8M a year.  The Bills don't have that kind of cap space anymore without further restructuring.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.