Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

Only way Beane is interested is to increase Gilmore’s cap hit on another team, especially if it’s the Chefs.

As said, I’m not a fan of his playing style or the stink he’s made about money. The Pats* restructured his deal which gave him a massive upfront amount / signing bonus in exchange for less salary. The very next year Gilmore was whining about how his salary was so low.  The worst kind of ‘what have you done for me lately’ attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

Gilmore isn't coming here. He didn't want to be here from the start. The Pegula's would have paid him handsomely but he wanted no part of the Bills. 

The Pegulas would not have paid him handsomely because they were never gonna try to retain him in the first place. McD made that clear to them. We didn’t even bother to tag him with either designation. It was a fait accompli. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

that he was excited to win more isn’t terrible talking points. He had been under dysfunctional regimes. We would say the same trash about Rex and we were much less impacted 

I’m fairly certain McCoy has since come out and said it was a absolute sh** show under Rex as well. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No more Gilmore 

please.  

he was overrated and IIRC said some bad 💩 when he left. 

His ego was also overinflated 

He was an Un Happy Gilmore 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/06/14/gilmore-grudgingly-reports-for-bills-mandatory-practices/85892150/

Ya but that was a completely different team and culture.  This is a high character , legit SB roster w great leadership. 

The goal is to hoist a Lombardi, I'd take him back! This D could be an all time great. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Even if you think that, that would still mean he was runner up to DPOY.  Point is, he is better than you are saying he was.  

Wasn't it just mentioned that he doesn’t like to tackle?

that IMO is not a good trait. I want someone All In and not partially engaged.  

it’s as [fill in the blank] as Cam Newton not wanting to jump on one of his fumbles. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, K-9 said:

The Pegulas would not have paid him handsomely because they were never gonna try to retain him in the first place. McD made that clear to them. We didn’t even bother to tag him with either designation. It was a fait accompli. 

If the Bills wanted to sign Gilmore they most certainly would have given him every bit of the same deal he got with the Patriots or even more. My point being money was not an issue. Gilmore wanted nothing to do with the Bills and it was obvious during his time here.

• Dislike 1

I'm down.  I thinks its better to have a veteran at CB2 than a rookie to start the season, esp if Tre not close to 100%.  Also, gives the Bills a few more options in round 1 so they wouldn't have to draft a WR

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Wasn't it just mentioned that he doesn’t like to tackle?

that IMO is not a good trait. I want someone All In and not partially engaged.  

it’s as [fill in the blank] as Cam Newton not wanting to jump on one of his fumbles. 

Deion Sanders didnt like to tackle.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Does / did

Tre skip camp? 

Jerry Hughes skip camp? 

Poyer skip camp? 
Hyde skip camp? 

Milano skip camp? 

Anyone else skip camp? 

True enough, but this version of the Bills isn’t the sh-t show of an organization that had no real plan for how to win and be competitive in those days. It is a good deal different now with the current FO, coaching staff, and players, I would think a player like Gilmore would see this as an opportunity to get another ring and toot his own horn at the same time. Not that I’m gonna hold my breath on the outcome of this rumor…, 😁👍

Just now, Beast said:

If the Bills wanted to sign Gilmore they most certainly would have given him every bit of the same deal he got with the Patriots or even more. My point being money was not an issue. Gilmore wanted nothing to do with the Bills and it was obvious during his time here.

Right. If. But they had ZERO interest in retaining him after McD informed them he wasn’t interested. The Pegulas never even considered paying him handsomely so I’m unclear as to why anyone would assert that they would have. The decision to move on was made months before Gilmore even became a free agent. 

l understand your point that Gilmore was moving on and I’m sure that no amount of money could have convinced him to stay, but that’s conjecture and we will never know. What’s not conjecture is that the Bills wouldn’t have kept him even if he agreed to play for league minimum. One could say they moved on before Gilmore did. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.