Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No more Gilmore 

please.  

he was overrated and IIRC said some bad 💩 when he left. 

His ego was also overinflated 

He was an Un Happy Gilmore 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/06/14/gilmore-grudgingly-reports-for-bills-mandatory-practices/85892150/

Can you really blame him for not wanting to be part of the Nix-era Bills?  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is very exciting, I already have the jersey and this will save me big bucks :w00t:

Edit: My wife said she threw it away, :doh:

I am not buying another one so its best the Bills pass on Gilmore, its simple economics. I would never buy the same jersey twice.

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What website?  And how would a website disable your ability to take a screenshot? 

No this website wouldn’t let me post my screenshot… sorry you misunderstood 😎

Only way I see us getting him is if the “trade a vet” rumors are true and we move someone like Edmunds or Poyer freeing up some money.  

I don’t see Gilmore as a take less for a SB run type of guy. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We need to get beyond the “hurt feelings” and keep the eyes on the prize. The Super Bowl is all that matters!! Gilmore isn’t the player that he was but could be a valuable addition. 

👀

wait what?

The @Kirby Jackson  ?

not sure how long you have been back 
nevertheless

Welcome back!!

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We need to get beyond the “hurt feelings” and keep the eyes on the prize. The Super Bowl is all that matters!! Gilmore isn’t the player that he was but could be a valuable addition. 

Welcome back, dude!

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Overrated??  He was one of the best CBs in the league when he was in Buffalo, which was an absolute dumpster fire at the time.  He wanted to get paid and win.  Buffalo was dedicated to neither and he ended up doing both with New England.  Not sure why that makes him the bad guy.

JMO CAP limits happen all the time. 

wanting more $ is no reason to badmouth the team that didn’t retain you.  

• Like (+1) 1

Great player when he was here right up until he went into self-preservation mode and quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans. 

Don’t blame him at all for wanting a better situation at the time though. Totally understandable given the level of dysfunction during the Rex years. But there was no chance McD was gonna keep him around, anyway. His time was up as soon as McD finished reviewing his 2016 game film and started asking questions. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I highly doubt he would ever come back to Buffalo, but I would be all for it. Not like he's going to give us the hometown discount.

Gilmore refused to try to stop the runs his way during his last season. He didn't want to get hurt!  He is a wuss ala Dion Sanders in that regard.  We don't need a bad actor like that.  He is capable of quiting on the job as we saw back then.  Another Vonte Davis like act, just slightly less abrupt.  Keep bad character guys out of Buffalo!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

Gilmore refused to try to stop the runs his way during his last season. He didn't want to get hurt!  He is a wuss ala Dion Sanders in that regard.  We don't need a bad actor like that.  He is capable of quiting on the job as we saw back then.  Another Vonte Davis like act, just slightly less abrupt.  Keep bad character guys out of Buffalo!!!

Gilmore has always tackled like a wuss.  That's just part of his game.

In his final season with the Bills, he also had 5 INTs, which was the 2nd best of his career - and he played in 15 games.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

disagree 

From the link above 

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — After skipping the Buffalo Bills' entire spring schedule of voluntary workouts, cornerback Stephon Gilmore provided one good reason why he showed up for practice on Tuesday.

"It's mandatory," Gilmore said.

Rather than risk being fined by the Bills for refusing to report, Gilmore was a grudging participant in opening the team's three-day mandatory minicamp.

Yet he would go on to win DPOY in NE.  

A lot of players feel that way about "mandatory" camp, its not unusual.  While I seriously doubt Gilmore returns as I don't think we can pay him enough, and he doesn't need to ring chase given he is already a SB Champion, there is no denying he would be immediately be the 2nd best DB on the team behind only White and could help us win a championship this year.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet he would go on to win DPOY in NE.  

A lot of players feel that way about "mandatory" camp, its not unusual.  While I seriously doubt Gilmore returns as I don't think we can pay him enough, and he doesn't need to ring chase given he is already a SB Champion, there is no denying he would be immediately be the 2nd best DB on the team behind only White and could help us win a championship this year.

Tre was robbed for DPOY.  

IIRC Tre had better stats

the Cheaters players seem to get the nod when no deserving 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.