If the Bills think that Tre will be ready by the start of the season, does that change their draft strategy?

njbuff

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I said before you tried to straw-man me..........the first game they lost AFTER the injury was KC.

When White got hurt in Tampa they were already being blow torched by the Bucs offense.........mainly because they were playing uninspired football as they had been doing consistently for 2 months.

They actually began playing better WITHOUT him.........which isn't to say that he's not a tremendous player but rather it underscores that the Bills secondary isn't about dynamic matchup athletes..........it's about executing the assignments and minimizing big plays.     

Reality is that they tied both of those games and lost in OT...........it isn't OBVIOUS that secondary play cost them those games..........not at all really.

You're misremembering. White was injured in the Saints game. Dane Jackson had a few poor plays to keep Bucs drives going that I believe White would have made a difference on.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You're misremembering. White was injured in the Saints game. Dane Jackson had a few poor plays to keep Bucs drives going that I believe White would have made a difference on.

Yep, correct, my bad.

My point about the defensive scheme is the same though...........the defense began playing better ONLY when the team itself wratched up the intensity mid-way thru the Bucs game.     This after 2 months of intermittent sleep walking as a team.   They made stops in that second half in Tampa to get them back in the game and played better defense the rest of the season.

The idea that the Bills secondary cost them a chance at the SB doesn't jive with what happened with the SB winner..........even Ramsey and the great Rams pass rush got torched in Tampa..........but they made it thru anyway.    They outscored the Bucs to move on.    The Bills didn't outscore the Chiefs.........they got too conservative on some drives and took the ball out of Josh Allen's hands and that combined with having 2 less possessions is what got them beat.    (And yes, they had two less possessions.......first half was even........Chiefs had the first possession of the second half and the last 2 possessions of the game.)        

• Thank you (+1) 1

The loss of Levi Wallace weigh on the Bills draft strategy early (the first three rounds).  If they draft a quality starting CB in one of the first three rounds to replace Levi Wallace, they can be reasonably comfortable with Dane Jackson filling in for White for a couple games.  That won't necessarily preclude signing a free agent CB before the start of training camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.