Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You are on record saying that Belichick would want Jones as his QB over Allen. Don’t be surprised if those of us who have read most of your posts know exactly what your motives are for being here. It is just getting tougher ever game for you to keep your smugness since your team got run out of the playoffs by the Bills and your QB is mediocre, with limited talent for any true improvement.

Not even Mac's mother would take him over Josh.

• Haha (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You are showing cracks. A sign the truth is seeping into reality for you. 

I know. That Pats fan said it numerous times last season…if that doesn’t show you how ignorant he is, I’m not sure what else will. 
Nobody anywhere would take Jones over Allen. None.

I remember listening to Sal on WGR last year and he said on Boston radio station they were ACTUALLY debating who would they rather have Josh Allen or McKorkle Jones , yeah that actually happened they must have some really good 💩 in Boston 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Unless they get a top-5 pick from themselves or the 49'ers and unless by some chance the 2 worst teams in the league already have franchise QBs, getting Stroud or Young will be impossible.  The best they can possibly hope for is Richardson, but that would be a huge gamble.

2 different people but JA was a bit of a gamble in 2018. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Tua is on year 3 and this is his make it or break it year… we will see IF your right about him this year with all that talent around him.  You will be so pissed if he lights it up this year and the Bills fighting for a wildcard. 

Jones had a great rookie year, could have beaten the Bills twice if the D shows up at all in Game 2. He leads the Pats to 10 wins and hangs with Allen, Prescott, and Brady in regular season games.. his ROOKIE YEAR.. what’s his upside? Well until we see at least a couple years from the kid we don’t know. For both of us it’s what WE want to see.. 

Haha, keep up the delusion. Whatever keeps you going.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

That would be like me saying after JA rookie year that he will suck and is yet another crappy QB pick by Buffalo.  JA stats were worse and Jones had a chance beat him TWICE this year in the regular season… fans here seen forget they were down by only 5 and 7 minutes left and the D couldn’t make a stop.. amazingly he hangs with the top guy but by YOUR  eyes he could never be as good.. your right he will never have a canon for an arm, but he may be better at reading a D than Allen is now or ever will be… he also may be able make faster decisions making his O line and team better..  your opinion isn’t any more valid than mine would have been Allen rookie year.

Point is someone can be more talented and still be passed by the less talented counter part.. 

It's nothing like that. Josh Allen had amazing moments his rookie year, with a horrible oline and no talent around him and only a cursory understanding of NFL defenses. He showed his massive potential.

Tua and Jones have shown their potential too, and it has a hard cap at average. Maybe above average if they overachieve.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Golden said:

2 different people but JA was a bit of a gamble in 2018. 

Definitely and I was pissed they took him.  I was so glad to be wrong. 

But he's the exception, not the rule.  And it took trading a washed-up LT and 2-2nd rounders to get him, not another 1st and probably a lot more than that.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Haha, keep up the delusion. Whatever keeps you going.

It's nothing like that. Josh Allen had amazing moments his rookie year, with a horrible oline and no talent around him and only a cursory understanding of NFL defenses. He showed his massive potential.

Tua and Jones have shown their potential too, and it has a hard cap at average. Maybe above average if they overachieve.

Could you imagine McKorkle or Tua on that Bills 2018 roaster ??? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good pickup by the Pats.  Won’t be enough, but I think it’s a solid move.

Me too….The fishies have been supplying the Bills and patsies with a couple quality players here and there…

Wesley Walker, Mike Gilleslee, Chris Hogan, Jordan Phillips, Devante Parker….I feel I missing a couple….

thanks, fishes!

And you’re right, I don’t think Parker is an impact WR, maybe NE gets one in the draft?

Meh….We’ll still crush them….

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Tua is on year 3 and this is his make it or break it year… we will see IF your right about him this year with all that talent around him.  You will be so pissed if he lights it up this year and the Bills fighting for a wildcard. 

Jones had a great rookie year, could have beaten the Bills twice if the D shows up at all in Game 2. He leads the Pats to 10 wins and hangs with Allen, Prescott, and Brady in regular season games.. his ROOKIE YEAR.. what’s his upside? Well until we see at least a couple years from the kid we don’t know. For both of us it’s what WE want to see.. 

I'd like to thank Nick Saban for making mediocre prospects with a limited ceiling first round picks. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That would be like me saying after JA rookie year that he will suck and is yet another crappy QB pick by Buffalo.  JA stats were worse and Jones had a chance beat him TWICE this year in the regular season… fans here seen forget they were down by only 5 and 7 minutes left and the D couldn’t make a stop.. amazingly he hangs with the top guy but by YOUR  eyes he could never be as good.. your right he will never have a canon for an arm, but he may be better at reading a D than Allen is now or ever will be… he also may be able make faster decisions making his O line and team better..  your opinion isn’t any more valid than mine would have been Allen rookie year.

Point is someone can be more talented and still be passed by the less talented counter part.. 

stats only tell part of the story…josh Allen carried that team his rookie year.  What an awful roster that was. He made Robert foster look like an all star.  Tua feels like he’s just a facilitator in the dolphins wins.  I think Miami pulling tua for Fitzpatrick when games were on the line is just about all you need to know about tua.  I’ll be shocked if they don’t at least draft a qb to compete with him for the starting job next season 

lol at had a chance to beat him twice during the regular season.  Down 5 without the football isn’t even remotely close to winning the game.  Pats forced 0 punts against the bills the last two games  it’s not like that was an isolated incident lol.  Bills objectively outplayed the pats by a ton in that second regular season matchup…we lost 14 points on dropped wide open tds.  Score did not indicate how lopsided that game was

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Miami just didn’t build a team that could beat buffalo…really strange what’s going on over there.  Tua could take a big step forward and they’re still likely playing for second in the division although I still think it’ll be the pats.  They needed to load up on the defensive side…tua just isn’t going to win a shootout against josh.

Why are you capitalizing rookie year like qbs only get better after their 1st season lol tons of guys regress cuz there’s so much film out there of their tendencies by year 2 

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Could you imagine McKorkle or Tua on that Bills 2018 roaster ??? 

Im not even trying to start smack with pats or dolphins fans…I think mac and tua are both fine and they won’t be the issue for their respective teams next year.  but both those dudes go 0-16 with that 2018 bills team most likely.  Josh wasn’t even supposed to start that season but peterman was sooooo bad that he had to.

talk about trial by fire…no offensive line, no receivers, no defense to keep them in games.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

stats only tell part of the story…josh Allen carried that team his rookie year.  What an awful roster that was. He made Robert foster look like an all star.  Tua feels like he’s just a facilitator in the dolphins wins.  I think Miami pulling tua for Fitzpatrick when games were on the line is just about all you need to know about tua.  I’ll be shocked if they don’t at least draft a qb to compete with him for the starting job next season 

lol at had a chance to beat him twice during the regular season.  Down 5 without the football isn’t even remotely close to winning the game.  Pats forced 0 punts against the bills the last two games  it’s not like that was an isolated incident lol.  Bills objectively outplayed the pats by a ton in that second regular season matchup…we lost 14 points on dropped wide open tds.  Score did not indicate how lopsided that game was

Not to mention in that second matchup, Mac was 14/32 for 145 yds and 2 Ints.  No TDs.  Yeah...he went toe to toe with Allen.😄

• Haha (+1) 4

On 4/2/2022 at 1:13 PM, Warcodered said:

Not suddenly worried about them, am annoyed the Dolphins decided to help them for some damn reason. Seriously if the Pats are struggling let them struggle.

7534bfaf-6846-4375-a12b-ab8ab123beef_tex

I mean none of their WRs strike fear in me.

I'd rather Parker be on the Pats than with the Fins

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Just don’t think Tua has the arm to make it as a good starting QB in this league… I could we him being a decent starter… somewhere in the 15-20 range….

Right and they gave him a bunch of small guys with deep speed to throw to. Hill and Waddle can do other things obviously, but their strength is their speed. Just doesn't make any sense. Even the Will Fuller signing last year, like who is gonna get it to him? 

• Agree 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, Rochesterfan said:

They are set up for a QB next off season, but they have an aging Hill right now.  So you figure Tua’s not the guy after this year, then you trade up a ton of picks because they will end up middle part of the AFC - so you are trying to 

Miami trading for Hill with Tua was a huge mistake to me - as the style doesn’t fit what Tua can do and his age means a young QB doesn’t fit the profile.  It was grab a name guy and let’s see what we can do because we have not won and our former coach is talking about us paying to lose.  Reeks of desperation.

I hope you are right about Hill aging out, but I disagree about Hill not fitting what Tua does well. Yes, him deep downfield is dangerous but most of his yards are little screens etc. Stuff Hill makes happen. Exactly what Tua does.

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

I hope you are right about Hill aging out, but I disagree about Hill not fitting what Tua does well. Yes, him deep downfield is dangerous but most of his yards are little screens etc. Stuff Hill makes happen. Exactly what Tua does.

I agree, but I believe that is because teams must defend the entire field versus Mahomes.  If you played Hill expecting about 95% of his passes to be within 10-15 yards - Mahomes would throw 25-30 yard stop routes all day or go over the top.

With Tua I think you can expect 95% short passes and you are going to get 95% short passes.  Therefore - just like when the Bills had a short passing game and wide running game - teams started creeping up taking space away. You end up with 10 guys within 5 yards of the ball and run/pass blitzes to force quick throws.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/2/2022 at 1:33 PM, Process said:

Yup my bad. I was looking at a list of picks that didn't account for the Hill trade. 

Still they are set up nicely to make a move for a QB next offseason.  

No guarantee the qb they trade up for pans out either though…we know better than anyone that sometimes it takes a couple drafts to find the right guy 🤣

On 4/4/2022 at 4:48 AM, foreboding said:

Tua's not Mahomes, but go back and watch home many times Mahomes threw the ball 5 yards to guys like Hill, Kelce, etc for big plays. Even Sammy Watkins has his moments in that offense when he was in KC.

And given what McDaniel did with Deebo Samuel in San Fran you better believe Hill is going to be a threat in this the Dolphins offense this year even if Tua doesn't get any better.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:33 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Right and they gave him a bunch of small guys with deep speed to throw to. Hill and Waddle can do other things obviously, but their strength is their speed. Just doesn't make any sense. Even the Will Fuller signing last year, like who is gonna get it to him? 

What is the deal with Will Fuller did some one pick him up or is he still a free agent ?? 
I would love to have ( healthy) Will Fuller opposite of Diggs 

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tua's not Mahomes, but go back and watch home many times Mahomes threw the ball 5 yards to guys like Hill, Kelce, etc for big plays. Even Sammy Watkins has his moments in that offense when he was in KC.

And given what McDaniel did with Deebo Samuel in San Fran you better believe Hill is going to be a threat in this the Dolphins offense this year even if Tua doesn't get any better.

I’m scared 😱 

25 minutes ago, Putin said:

What is the deal with Will Fuller did some one pick him up or is he still a free agent ?? 
I would love to have ( healthy) Will Fuller opposite of Diggs 

I’m scared 😱 

Fuller is still a FA. I am guessing he wants something close to what he got last year and pricing himself out. The guy is fast, but seemingly always hurt. He’s an enigma. He should take a super cheap deal to play with a top

qb, like y’know Josh Allen. 

Also a lot of rumors linking Fuller to

the Browns and Watson. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.