Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

I think the quick slants and bubble screens with Hill can be dangerous.  Tua can usually hit those. 

I think they were when you had Mahomes passing the ball and he could hit Hill or Kelce all over the field.

Tua has not shown that - so teams are going (or should be) playing tighter with less fear of going over the top.

I think Hill and Waddle are going to nickle and dime teams and be tough to stop, but that doesn’t scare me as an offense.  Especially since Tua has struggled with quick short passes.

Hill was a threat because he could beat you 60 yards down field or break off the route at 5 yards and be open.

We will see, but Hill in a SF style offense with lots of short passes - is not a scary offense.  It becomes a very precise offense that will struggle over time.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Young and Stroud are going 1 and 2 next year, if they continue to look good.  Two 1st rounders in the middle to late 1st round isn't going to get them there.

Need me to explain it to you?

explain "the Dols are the bigger threat" part

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

explain "the Dols are the bigger threat" part

Hill makes their offense a little tougher to defend for man teams.  Including the Cheaters, who lost their best CB.  I see them as the 2nd best team in the AFC East right now.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

This was an easy move for the Pats to make. They will get a 3rd for JC Jackson signing elsewhere and got another pick this year AND a very good WR when healthy, and for a good WR he is really cheap the next 2 years. 

Probably because he can't stay on the field

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Young and Stroud are going 1 and 2 next year, if they continue to look good.  Two 1st rounders in the middle to late 1st round isn't going to get them there.

Need me to explain it to you?

Sure tell me how it hurts the Dolphins but doesn't help the Pats. lmao

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hill makes their offense a little tougher to defend for man teams.  Including the Cheaters, who lost their best CB.  I see them as the 2nd best team in the AFC East right now.

You're on record saying their QB is a bum and there HC is whoever this is:

image.png.d357bda0968a0750035263f7d88cb106.png

Just now, FireChans said:

Sure tell me how it hurts the Dolphins but doesn't help the Pats. lmao

He would have been their best 3rd WR.  But his availability is an issue and if the Cheaters are counting on him to be a full-time starter, much less #1 WR...

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're on record saying their QB is a bum and there HC is whoever this is:

image.png.d357bda0968a0750035263f7d88cb106.png

They were one game behind the Cheaters last year, splitting with them.  Who gained more over the off-season?

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When did Parker become a “very good “ wide receiver?

He is.  Health is an obvious concern, but he can ball.  There's no doubt about that.  He's never benefited from stellar QB play.

Given the return for the Phins, the Packers dropped the ball here...again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

To get traded within your own division is such a slap in the face.  The difference in value between those picks are stones.

Is this a salary dump move by the Dolphins?

Salary dump because he's be 3rd on their depth chart and making too much money. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He is.  Health is an obvious concern, but he can ball.  There's no doubt about that.  He's never benefited from stellar QB play.

Given the return for the Phins, the Packers dropped the ball here...again.

I agree, this would been a grade trade for the Packers.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He would have been their best 3rd WR.  But his availability is an issue and if the Cheaters are counting on him to be a full-time starter, much less #1 WR...

They were one game behind the Cheaters last year, splitting with them.  Who gained more over the off-season?

So it's been your opinion all along that Tua was just a better WR away from being a much better QB?  And holding Shanahan's Starbucks mug for a few seasons makes McDaniel a problem for the rest of the Division?

35 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think they were when you had Mahomes passing the ball and he could hit Hill or Kelce all over the field.

Tua has not shown that - so teams are going (or should be) playing tighter with less fear of going over the top.

I think Hill and Waddle are going to nickle and dime teams and be tough to stop, but that doesn’t scare me as an offense.  Especially since Tua has struggled with quick short passes.

Hill was a threat because he could beat you 60 yards down field or break off the route at 5 yards and be open.

We will see, but Hill in a SF style offense with lots of short passes - is not a scary offense.  It becomes a very precise offense that will struggle over time.

Hill likely play a Deebo Samuel role in Miami unless they draft a RB early.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So it's been your opinion all along that Tua was just a better WR away from being a much better QB?  And holding Shanahan's Starbucks mug for a few seasons makes McDaniel a problem for the rest of the Division?

Again, it's a matter of results from last year and off-season gains and losses. 

I’m hoping this takes a DK Metcalf trade off the table.  I knew the Pats would make one big WR move.  Glad this was it.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's a solid get.  With Meyers and that running game, the Pats aren't in bad shape.  It's all up to Mac Jones.

They lost two good o-lineman and failed to re-sign Jackson.  I think they’re worse than last year.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, billsherd said:

What I want to know in all this is what kind of QBs prospects are coming out next year, looks like dolphins have enough draft capital to get the QB.

There are much better QB prospects next year. However, you have to figure there are going to be a lot of teams, especially in the NFC, that will require a QB. I don’t care how much ammo Miami has. Good luck to them moving up into one of those top spots. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.