Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

PromoTheRobot

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

This was an easy move for the Pats to make. They will get a 3rd for JC Jackson signing elsewhere and got another pick this year AND a very good WR when healthy, and for a good WR he is really cheap the next 2 years. 

When did Parker become a “very good “ wide receiver?

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Neither Jones or Tua are close to Allen right now.  I don’t see why the Dolphins made the trade unless it was just to dump salary. I mean I bet the Bills make the same trade with the Dolphins.. 

I’ve been saying it since the tyreek trade…there just aren’t enough targets to go around to keep those three guys involved in the offense.  Parker’s production would’ve dropped off a cliff

tuas not super strong at going through progressions yet either

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When did Parker become a “very good “ wide receiver?

He’s definitely a big name that has underwhelmed for a few years…the average fan probably pins it on tua holding him back though so people might be afraid a change of scenery to NE will do him good 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve been saying it since the tyreek trade…there just aren’t enough targets to go around to keep those three guys involved in the offense.  Parker’s production would’ve dropped off a cliff

tuas not super strong at going through progressions yet either

He’s definitely a big name that has underwhelmed for a few years…the average fan probably pins it on tua holding him back though so people might be afraid a change of scenery to NE will do him good 

My hope is this move amounts to nothing more than the Titanic and Andrea Doria trading their deck chairs!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My hope is this move amounts to nothing more than the Titanic and Andrea Doria trading their deck chairs!

Lol it kind of feels that way 🤣 you don’t trade a receiver within the division if you think he has any sort of actual value. 

the dolphins kind of confuse me…seems like theyre caught in the pickle of trying to be kind of competitive now vs potentially being great a few years from now.  We were in a similar situation and it kind of worked out for us but a lot of that is due to josh 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They are going to need the cheap labor considering the contracts they are handing out.  Moreso, it makes you think this is Tua's make or break year.  If he doesn't make the leap, the Dolphins will have the ammo to trade up

No doubt they have given Tua weapons and better protection. It should be pretty clear after this year if Tua is the Dolphins QB of the future. Another huge concern is can his body endure a full season relatively healthy. I'm betting against Tua. My eyes see a system QB that's too small and too fragile. 

Edited by newcam2012

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No doubt they have given Tua weapons and better protection. It should be pretty clear after this year if Tua is the Dolphins QB of the future. Another huge concern is can his body endure a full season relatively healthy. I'm betting against Tua. My eyes see a system QB that's too small and too fragile. 

The center/ right side of their oline is still terrible…they signed an often injured LT who’s pretty much just a bandaid because teams will just hammer the right side of their oline.  Maybe they’ll use their 2023 draft capital to move up in this years draft…if not it’s gonna take them a few years to plug up some obvious holes and likely coach up a new qb 

51 minutes ago, Process said:

Yup my bad. I was looking at a list of picks that didn't account for the Hill trade. 

Still they are set up nicely to make a move for a QB next offseason.  

They are set up for a QB next off season, but they have an aging Hill right now.  So you figure Tua’s not the guy after this year, then you trade up a ton of picks because they will end up middle part of the AFC - so you are trying to get from 20 to top 5 with a ton of ammo.

In the mean time - Hill is 29 this year and has had trouble staying healthy.  30 next year with maybe a new rookie QB and 31 by the time the new QB has some experience - where is his speed at that point?

Miami trading for Hill with Tua was a huge mistake to me - as the style doesn’t fit what Tua can do and his age means a young QB doesn’t fit the profile.  It was grab a name guy and let’s see what we can do because we have not won and our former coach is talking about us paying to lose.  Reeks of desperation.

58 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I can see them trying to trade for a vet QB but I don't think they will be in a great position to draft one.

They should field a decent team so their 1st won't be that high of a pick and the other is the 49ers.

I guess we will see next year.

Yeah, Young and Stroud are going 1 and 2 next year, if they continue to look good.  Two 1st rounders in the middle to late 1st round isn't going to get them there.

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

A hilarious comment

Need me to explain it to you?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

They are set up for a QB next off season, but they have an aging Hill right now.  So you figure Tua’s not the guy after this year, then you trade up a ton of picks because they will end up middle part of the AFC - so you are trying to get from 20 to top 5 with a ton of ammo.

In the mean time - Hill is 29 this year and has had trouble staying healthy.  30 next year with maybe a new rookie QB and 31 by the time the new QB has some experience - where is his speed at that point?

Miami trading for Hill with Tua was a huge mistake to me - as the style doesn’t fit what Tua can do and his age means a young QB doesn’t fit the profile.  It was grab a name guy and let’s see what we can do because we have not won and our former coach is talking about us paying to lose.  Reeks of desperation.

I think the quick slants and bubble screens with Hill can be dangerous.  Tua can usually hit those. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Very fair points. Though I don't think they'll be picking 20 more like low teens. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.