Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good pickup by the Pats.  Won’t be enough, but I think it’s a solid move.

Not suddenly worried about them, am annoyed the Dolphins decided to help them for some damn reason. Seriously if the Pats are struggling let them struggle.

7534bfaf-6846-4375-a12b-ab8ab123beef_tex

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To get traded within your own division is such a slap in the face.  The difference in value between those picks are stones.

Is this a salary dump move by the Dolphins?

He can't stay healthy. One season over 800 yards in his career. They already have one of the best wr duos in the league without him. 

Dolphins are loaded with draft picks next year and outside of QB have a nice roster. Good thing they have Tua. 

Edited by Process

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Not suddenly worried about them, am annoyed the Dolphins decided to help them for some damn reason. Seriously if the Pats are struggling let them struggle.

7534bfaf-6846-4375-a12b-ab8ab123beef_tex

Spread out the damage at least…two ok teams and one bad team in the division rather than one good team and two bad ones lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

He can't stay healthy. One season over 800 yards in has career. They already have one of the best wr duos in the league without him. 

Dolphins are loaded with draft picks the next two years and outside of QB have a nice roster. Good thing they have Tua. 

They are going to need the cheap labor considering the contracts they are handing out.  Moreso, it makes you think this is Tua's make or break year.  If he doesn't make the leap, the Dolphins will have the ammo to trade up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Process said:

He can't stay healthy. One season over 800 yards in has career. They already have one of the best wr duos in the league without him. 

Dolphins are loaded with draft picks the next two years and outside of QB have a nice roster. Good thing they have Tua. 

Tua right now:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Dolphins setting themselves up for Bryce Young or CJ Stroud next year

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This was an easy move for the Pats to make. They will get a 3rd for JC Jackson signing elsewhere and got another pick this year AND a very good WR when healthy, and for a good WR he is really cheap the next 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Spread out the damage at least…two ok teams and one bad team in the division rather than one good team and two bad ones lol

Couldn’t agree more.  Just when the Fins think they are improving, they swap one asset for another.  Bill in, Parker out.  Pats can only do so much.

The overriding premise here is Tua and Mac Jones are no SUPER JA17. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Process said:

Bingo, can't stay healthy. That's a fact

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Not really.  Their first pick this year is a compensatory 3rd rounder.

Thye got 2 1sts next year and now 2 3rds.  I wouldn't call that "stacked".  IMO.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thye got 2 1sts next year and now 2 3rds.  I wouldn't call that "stacked".  IMO.

Yup my bad. I was looking at a list of picks that didn't account for the Hill trade. 

Still they are set up nicely to make a move for a QB next offseason.  

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That’s enough ammunition to move up and get one of those top quarterbacks if the other team doesn’t have that as a need.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Yup my bad. I was looking at a list of picks that didn't account for the Hill trade. 

Still they are set up nicely to make a move for a QB next offseason.  

I can see them trying to trade for a vet QB but I don't think they will be in a great position to draft one.

They should field a decent team so their 1st won't be that high of a pick and the other is the 49ers.

I guess we will see next year.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Just when the Fins think they are improving, they swap one asset for another.  Bill in, Parker out.  Pats can only do so much.

The overriding premise here is Tua and Mac Jones are no SUPER JA17. 

Neither Jones or Tua are close to Allen right now.  I don’t see why the Dolphins made the trade unless it was just to dump salary. I mean I bet the Bills make the same trade with the Dolphins.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.