The Christian Wade experiment

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Success said:

As long as Da'Rick is still on the roster....

And Duke, damn it! 

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it's not surprising they'd let him go, it just seems kind of random at the moment, like why now specifically.

Most likely they're going to sign/draft rbs, we dont have a established starter so they'll make.it a competition 

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly hope Wade does get an opportunity somewhere in the NFL.....great story

I think I saw an article about him recently, where he was talking about looking for the next phase of his life and what it would be.  This was a month or two ago - so it sounded like he was planning to move on to new endeavors well before this.

Edit: here it is.  From mid-March:

Though currently injured, he has enjoyed the experience: “My time with the Bills has been a whirlwind of emotions and I’ve built some great relationships and memories with players, staff, and coaches.”

But NFL was more different from rugby than he expected: “You can sit in meetings all day. The attention to detail is crazy but necessary and a big adjustment for me, as rugby doesn’t have extensive playbooks to learn and most of the gameplay is free flowing.

“Life in the US has also been great – like a home away from home. I’m very privileged to have a wife who was born and raised in Queens, New York.”

The lady in question is Lisa Ramos, who shot to fame on the hit US show America’s Next Top Model.

As Wade begins to prepare for life beyond sport, he spoke warmly of their relationship: “Lisa supports me in everything I do and it’s been a load off my back to have her by my side as I look to move into other things.

“My first love is music and while I grew up in the UK and now live in the US, I can also draw on a plethora of genres from our family roots in the Caribbean – mum’s family is from St Vincent and The Grenadines, while dad’s come from Anguilla and Montserrat.”

An accomplished drummer, who also helped younger brother Adam, 26, establish a successful career as a professional drummer – he plays for singer songwriter Craig David who tours the UK in April – Wade has now launched a company Next Generation Collective to create a performance events platform for new music talent.

He didn't explicitly say that he was moving on from NFL football, but it mentioned touring as a drummer in April (when OTAs are starting up) and talked about "as I look to move into other things"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think I saw an article about him recently, where he was talking about looking for the next phase of his life and what it would be.  This was a month or two ago - so it sounded like he was planning to move on to new endeavors well before this.

Edit: here it is.  From mid-March:

He didn't explicitly say that he was moving on from NFL football, but it mentioned touring as a drummer in April (when OTAs are starting up) and talked about "as I look to move into other things"

Bass guitar, too.  Watch out Draconator, the name draw of an ex Bill might result in you being 'Peter Best-ed'! 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.6e3019c7f5c683b84a02afcb43c768e5.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Shocked 1

We likely will never know, but on the bright side, he pocketed a few hundred thousand dollars to work out, so it was a really good gig for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

We likely will never know, but on the bright side, he pocketed a few hundred thousand dollars to work out, so it was a really good gig for him. 

And his fiance (maybe now wife?) is American so I imagine riding the last two years out with her in the States was preferable to a long distance relationship from London.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.