Jerry Hughes saying goodbye?

Big Turk

I do wish we were bringing Jerry Hughes back this season.

He's been top 10 or top 20 in pressures or pass rush win rate multiple times over the past few seasons. I know the sack numbers aren't there, but he's been a productive pass rusher for the Bills for a while now.

I think that the attention Von Miller will attract on 3rd downs would only make him better, similar to when he get to rush opposite Mario Williams.

Alas, I suppose it was time to move on to the trio of youngsters and hope they step up. Doesn't make it any less sad to see a good guy, good player, and team leader like Jerry Hughes not get brought back.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

One of his best moves was chasing that ref up the tunnel. Anyone who has played sports has wanted to do that at some point, and that crazy mofo actually did it in an NFL game!

The refs may have blackballed him after that, but it's still something that they can never take away from him. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

He's been top 10 or top 20 in pressures or pass rush win rate multiple times over the past few seasons. I know the sack numbers aren't there, but he's been a productive pass rusher for the Bills for a while now.

I think that the attention Von Miller will attract on 3rd downs would only make him better, similar to when he get to rush opposite Mario Williams.

Alas, I suppose it was time to move on to the trio of youngsters and hope they step up. Doesn't make it any less sad to see a good guy, good player, and team leader like Jerry Hughes not get brought back.

Where would he play? Would probably want more than Bills are able to willing to pay him 

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not sure he won't be back. Everyone is saying we don't have room, but don't the Bills usually roll with 9 or 10 DL's? 

Right now there is 9 I believe:

DT Settle

DT Jones

DT Oliver

DT Phillips

DE Miller

DE Rousseau

DE Lawson

DE Epenesa

DE Basham

Zimmer and Jerry are the only remaining FA's of interest with Ankou presumably bound for the practice squad. I can definitely see a scenario where Lawson or Epenesa are not on the final roster and Jerry accepts a reduced contract/role to give it one more go. He's still an effective player, and I don't think he would sign with another team that isn't a Super Bowl contender. We shall see I guess, but I hope something happens as the offseason goes on.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Guy has been a great Buffalo Bill.   But if he is being honest with himself he will retire.  The thing he can't change is that he doesn't have it anymore.   Hit a wall three years ago, and has been living off of pressures since then.  

He is STILL an NFL quality player. The question is, at what price? And is it worth it to him? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.