Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

Jordan Stout - P - Penn St ... Has a great leg, can be an emergency Kicker, holds on FG's and XP's... Araiza isn't a holder.

Spencer Burford - G - UTSA ... 6'4" 304 ... big wingspan ... athletic ... needs a year in pro conditioning to add more muscle

Joshua Williams - CB - Fayetteville St. ... 6'2" 192 ... Long arms ... 4.47 40 ... 38" vertical

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2022 at 4:08 PM, FFadpecr said:

If a team loves a QB and believes he's a Franchise QB, they either 1) take him as soon as possible OR 2) trade UP to get QB even sooner.

You don't risk trading down and simply "hoping" he's still available later. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT HOW IT WORKS. We are talking about a Franchise QB here.

If the Seahawks love Carson Strong, which I firmly believe they do, they will simply draft him 9th overall and secure said Franchise QB. Period.

When it comes to coveted NFL Franchise QBs, teams don't play around. Teams don't say to themselves "Well let's trade down, cross our fingers, and hope our coveted Franchise QB is still on the board later on"

No no no - That is not how it works.  Not at all.

LOL

On 4/3/2022 at 3:32 PM, FFadpecr said:

It is a lock that Carson Strong gets drafted inside the Top 20.

Listen to me: an absolute LOCK.

He is the best QB in the draft by a country mile. It's not even close.

I will bump this thread on April 28th as soon as Strong gets selected inside the Top 20 overall picks.

The media has totally brainwashed you into thinking that most NFL teams don't have Strong as QB1.

Hell, before the 2021 season, there were mock drafts that projected Strong being drafted #2 overall to the Lions. I repeat: #2 overall.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/lions/.amp/news/lions-draft-carson-strong-2022-nfl-mock-draft

Most NFL teams do have Strong rated as QB1 in this class. Because factually, he is.

This is going on Freezing Cold Takes.  Sort of like this.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Danny Gray / WR / SMU is a guy I like as a sleeper. He had some meh QB's throwing him the ball too. 6'0", almost 190lbs, with 4.33 speed. I really hope he doesn't end up in a Chiefs' uni.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, H2o said:

Danny Gray / WR / SMU is a guy I like as a sleeper. He had some meh QB's throwing him the ball too. 6'0", almost 190lbs, with 4.33 speed. I really hope he doesn't end up in a Chiefs' uni.

Yup he's a sleeper in the draftnik community but I bet he goes round 3 today or at the latest early round 4. Love the guy. Reminds me of Lee Evans

• Agree 1

I love that most of the guys on here are  talking about guys who are going to go in round 2 or 3. I get that not everyone goes in depth with their prospect watching but these are not sleepers they are well known prospects.

Heres some actual sleepers:

Ja'Tyre Carter OG Southern- Lots of starts at southern, was a LT there but most project to guard. Tested off the charts at pro day. Probably goes in round 6.

Marqueese Bell S Florida A&M- A former 4 star recruit who transferred to FAMU. Might go in round 4 but I think most people over look him cause he's from a HBCU

Jequez Ezard WR SHSU- His teammate Zyon McCollum was once a draft sleeper who broke out. Ezzard was a Howard football player who dominated and transferred to Sam Houston. Killed it in his short time there. Smaller WR with punt return potential. Could develop into a WR down the line. Probably a 7th round/UDFA type who I think can make it with the right team.

Jojo Domann - Nebraska

Didn't put up freakish numbers at combine, looked good at Senior Bowl but the kid is a football player. Think he might make a really good teams player for now and good depth at LB ( possible Klein replacement) -short term. Long term-Could really see him developing into a Milano type linebacker if he gets the right situation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I will bump this thread on April 28th as soon as Strong gets selected inside the Top 20 overall picks.

The media has totally brainwashed you into thinking that most NFL teams don't have Strong as QB1.

Hell, before the 2021 season, there were mock drafts that projected Strong being drafted #2 overall to the Lions. I repeat: #2 overall.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/lions/.amp/news/lions-draft-carson-strong-2022-nfl-mock-draft

Most NFL teams do have Strong rated as QB1 in this class. Because factually, he is.

Apparently some have learned NOTHING reading the preposterous guarantees some made after the Bills drafted Josh.  They just keep making terrible calls, and backing it up with everything they have. 

Here's a good rule of thumb, IMO:

If you really don't know anything, say nothing

If you know a little, say nothing (you know less than you think)

If you are fairly well informed, say a little (you know less than you think)

If you are positive, say your opinion but make sure you understand you don't know as much as you think

The prediction that Strong would be the 1st QB off the board and definately taken in the top 20 were ridiculous on it's face. 

The statement that most teams have Strong rated as their #1 QB is something you couldn't possibly know,

Saying Strong is "factually" the #1 QB in the class doesn't even pass any sensible discussion of a football player, IMO. What facts are important? Which are not?  If you could factually prove one guy is the best, the draft would be much more predictable, no?

Give me CB Derion Kendrick from UGA - probably a 5th or 6th round selection.   If not for some character issues that caused him to be dismissed from Clemson and a slow 40 time of 4.75 he would have been considered one of the top CBs in this draft.

Edited by FlaFitz1

How's that Strong prediction holding up. It's become very obvious that " Most NFL teams" had him rated as the #1 QB.  Maybe it was just the teams not looking for QBs.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by The Dean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.