Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

On 4/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, glazeduck said:

Getting this thread back on track after yesterday's madness...

Call this an anti-sleeper, if you like, but Jalen Wydermyer is absolutely worth a late round dart throw. There's plenty to be concerned about with this kid, and it's probably not unfair to say he's likely to be nothing in the pros, but clearly there is (or was) something there. Maybe he needs to grow up? Maybe he was hiding an injury? Maybe he doesn't actually love the game, or to the point that the above link makes, maybe he's just not in peak physical shape and/or didn't refine his testing techniques. Any/all of those could be true, but if you can untap his potential, he could be an absolute bargain with a 6th or 7th round pick.

I like to look back at those “way too early next year mock drafts” that everyone posts like the day after the draft. He was the projected first round tight end before the season. So its projection. Bills have shown interest and it is totally worth a late round shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like to look back at those “way too early next year mock drafts” that everyone posts like the day after the draft. He was the projected first round tight end before the season. So its projection. Bills have shown interest and it is totally worth a late round shot. 

Something's up with him, so certainly interviews may nix him entirely, but he's got talent, fix the other stuff and you've got a low investment chance at something solid.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, DJB said:

Buddy Nix used to sleep through free agency and the draft 

Just following Levy's direction:  "If you develop a reputation as an astute player personnel man, you can sleep through free agency and the draft."

At least, I think that's what Marv said.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Draft sleeper on offense Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State cause the Bucks system doesn’t really utilize the Tight End he is going to make someone very happy in the middle rounds as the kid can play.

Draft Sleeper on D…Troy Anderson the linebacker from Montana State he really is a poor man’s Micah Parsons 6’4 243lbs absolutely did everything at that school and also ran 4.42 40 

I don't think folks are sleeping on Anderson NOW. Seeing him mocked as high as round 2 or 3

On 4/1/2022 at 5:13 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

One other is Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina. I study their stuff and have stolen a bunch of their plays for my high school team. That dude can play. Reminds me a bit of Charles Clay before we signed him and he started to suck. 

I feel we could take Likely in the 4th if he's still around. 

Ty Chandler, I've mentioned him before. I think he's a perfect compliment to Singletary. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, skibum said:

Sleepers? Pretty sure I'll be sleeping by the time the Bills pick. 

They REALLY should be starting the draft at 6:00......  8:00 is too late!! 

Anyone care to guess what TIME pick #25 should roll in????

Marquan mcCall! Love that dude 

6-3, 379 and he can move

53 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I feel we could take Likely in the 4th if he's still around. 

Ty Chandler, I've mentioned him before. I think he's a perfect compliment to Singletary. 

Likely is a good weapon in the RPO game. I like his upside. I like TY too! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.