Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

Christian Watson, not really a sleeper anymore now that he's being mocked in rd 1. But this wr class is so deep I think his freak size and speed are getting a little over shadowed. If he got paired with a good veteran wr to learn from and a good QB to throw to him he could be everything the chargers hope Mike Williams will finally be.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Mac Jones literally 1 year ago.

Mac Jones is not a statue in the pocket. He isn't especially mobile but he can move. The book on Strong is that he is almost completely immobile because of surgeries to his right knee. As immobile as Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers. That type of QB isn't valued in the modern NFL.

I don't have a dog in this fight, Strong might be a great NFL QB when all is said and done, but you're the only one I've seen pegging him as a 1st round QB let alone a top 10 QB. The medical red flag alone will drop him.

Just now, FFadpecr said:

Strong - J Allen

This is an awful comparison. Allen is a much much better athlete. Even if Strong reaches his ceiling he will never be able to do some of the things Allen does to escape pressure.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, GolfandBills said:

Rachaad White 

I could see Rachaad White getting into the third round, similar to Antonio Gibson going much higher than projected in 2020.

I'm gonna throw WR Michael Woods II out there as a sleeper, probably won't go until late but I think he'll be a decent pro.

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

You miss the point. 

Strong = Franchise QB

Allen = Franchise QB

All the other guys are not NFL Franchise QBs.

I am not saying Strong will be as good as Allen; I am saying Strong will come out of this draft as an NFL Franchise QB; those other guys you mentioned will not, just like Baker/Darnold/Rosen did not.

The NFL comparison for Carson Strong is a clutch Carson Palmer.

Carson Palmer was an NFL Franchise QB. Go back and look what Palmer did with Bruce Arians and the Cardinals. That's Strong in the NFL, especially with Carroll.

For probably the 10th time, you're clearly very convinced with all of this, why not put some money behind it? Or at the very least, please stop talking to everyone else like we're the ones who look crazy, when you're coming here with the NFL Draft version of screaming "lizard people control the world". 

Like Gunner said, we're as convinced that you're wrong as you're convinced that you're right.

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Mac Jones literally 1 year ago.

Matt Stafford just won the Super Bowl. If Strong is an "immobile pocket passer" then so is Stafford, who is the reigning SB winning QB and is headed for the HOF after a few more strong regular seasons. Stafford leans toward the "immobile" side of NFL QBs, as does Strong.

Strong has elite pocket awareness and pocket manipulation. Pocket manipulation has nothing to do with athleticism.

Mac Jones = #15 overall pick in 2021

Old-school coach Belichick drafts old-school QB in Top 15.

Now take Mac Jones' body, and attach Justin Herbert's right arm to it - you get Carson Strong. 

Strong is Mac Jones with Arm Talent. Basically, he's a much more talented Mac Jones.

Carroll = Old-School Coach

Strong = Old-School QB 

Put 2 and 2 together.

Matthew Stafford is not making the HOF. Other than that, great take.

Getting this thread back on track after yesterday's madness...

Call this an anti-sleeper, if you like, but Jalen Wydermyer is absolutely worth a late round dart throw. There's plenty to be concerned about with this kid, and it's probably not unfair to say he's likely to be nothing in the pros, but clearly there is (or was) something there. Maybe he needs to grow up? Maybe he was hiding an injury? Maybe he doesn't actually love the game, or to the point that the above link makes, maybe he's just not in peak physical shape and/or didn't refine his testing techniques. Any/all of those could be true, but if you can untap his potential, he could be an absolute bargain with a 6th or 7th round pick.

56 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Getting this thread back on track after yesterday's madness...

Call this an anti-sleeper, if you like, but Jalen Wydermyer is absolutely worth a late round dart throw. There's plenty to be concerned about with this kid, and it's probably not unfair to say he's likely to be nothing in the pros, but clearly there is (or was) something there. Maybe he needs to grow up? Maybe he was hiding an injury? Maybe he doesn't actually love the game, or to the point that the above link makes, maybe he's just not in peak physical shape and/or didn't refine his testing techniques. Any/all of those could be true, but if you can untap his potential, he could be an absolute bargain with a 6th or 7th round pick.

I have a 5th on him. I agree there is something there. His tape was super disappointing but if you are going to take a swing on day 3 he is a candidate to do it. 

I would go as far as saying the Bills will definitely draft a tight end somewhere this year. They have zero under contract for 2023. That is a "Carson Strong top 10" level guarantee. :D

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My sleeper: Erik Ezukanma WR Texas Tech

Living in Lubbock (TTU pays me to teach biochemistry), I am watching every Texas Tech game. Erik has good size (6'2" to 6'3", 210 to 220, depending on the source) but plays even stronger, fighting for YAC with defenders hanging on to him. He is the best WR Texas Tech had since Michael Crabtree (admittedly, so far he has not reached Crabtree's level). He was a clear day 2 candidate after the 2020 season. An injury and the atrocious pay of the Texas Tech QBs in 2021 dropped his stock.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

One other is Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina. I study their stuff and have stolen a bunch of their plays for my high school team. That dude can play. Reminds me a bit of Charles Clay before we signed him and he started to suck. 

Isaiah Likely looks FAST on tape but he ran a 4.8 40 yard dash which is pretty bad for him, hopefully it drops him in the draft because he looks like a weapon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 10:45 AM, FFadpecr said:

QB Carson Strong

Best QB in this draft class by a mile. A true NFL Franchise QB.

NFL comp: Carson Palmer with the clutch gene

Draft ceiling: #6 to Carolina

Likeliest destination: #9 to Seattle

Draft floor: #11 to Washington

Top 11 pick on April 28th.

@FFadpecr your day has arrived! Still feeling this confident in Strong???

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.