Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

19 minutes ago, jdonley1180 said:
On 4/1/2022 at 5:20 PM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Also Zander Horvath RB (FB) Purdue. Like him to replace Moss and Gilliam. 1 player, 2 spots filled. 

Same college, same position, same number, same style and yet no comparisons to Alstott? Gawd i feel old

Sorry, but I didn't think about mentioning Alstott. Would be nice to have a 1,2 punch like Dunn and Alstott but doubt we'll be able to find our Dunn.

PS. Don't feel old.😉

35 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

QB Carson Strong

Best QB in this draft class by a mile. A true NFL Franchise QB.

NFL comp: Carson Palmer with the clutch gene

Draft ceiling: #6 to Carolina

Likeliest destination: #9 to Seattle

Draft floor: #11 to Washington

Top 11 pick next month.

I like Strong, he's a target of my in dynasty. That said, I don't think there's any way he goes top 11 in the draft. Possibly late 1 in a trade up (or Lions) scenario, early-to-mid 2 feels much more likely.

I think the best Rb in this draft in 3 years will be Zamir White from Georgia.  Buffalo takes him in the 3rd rd and he will be a difference maker for the offense.  His knee injuries will scare some away.  I see him as Frank Gore coming out of the U.  Has burst and speed.  

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

Wrong.

The Seahawks traded away their HOF QB for the #9 overall pick in this year's draft specifically for this player in particular.

If you know Pete Carroll, you know this is the kind of QB he falls in love with.

Strong will compete with Drew Lock and easily beat him out.

#9 overall to the Seattle Seahawks.

:D I'm more than a little familiar with Pete Carroll. As am I with this draft class. 

Care to put some money on this since you're so certain?

17 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Pete Carroll loves BIG players with prototypical size. He's an old-school Coach who covets size - "Big people beat up little people" is what he ascribes to.

Who is the old-school prototype QB in this draft? 6'4" 226 pound Carson Strong, that's who.

Richard Sherman = Big Corner

Kam Chancellor = Big Safety

DK Metcalf = Big WR

Damien Lewis and Gabe Jackson = Big Guards

Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny = Big RBs

Carlos Dunlap = Big DE

Drew Lock = Big QB

We just going to pretend like Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett never played for the Seahawks? 

Your points are all over the place with this. The Seahawks didn't draft MOST of the players you're referencing. Carlos Dunlap was traded for because they needed pass rushing (and is, at best, perhaps an above-averagely sized DE), Drew Lock was traded for because they need a warm body at QB not because of his size (also kinda defeats your "Carson Strong will beat him out" point if you're also using him as an example of a Pete Carroll type player); Chris Carson and Penny's most significant FLAWS are their size (Carson's because he's such a big target and Penny's size is because he's always in terrible shape); Gabe Jackson and Lewis have been... maybe passable for the Seahawks? So again, not like going with the big guys is really working out super well there.

EDIT: I'll also add that many in Seattle are urging Pete to retire because he's refused to evolve his football philosophies, so I have a VERY hard time believing that they're going to let him screw up that pick from trading their franchise QB with another player that fits that old school mold...

So like I said, put your money where your mouth is if you're so certain. Maybe the Hawks trade down later to take Strong, I don't think your logic is completely inconceivable, but the absolutely will not be taking him at 9.

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

I already edited my post before u even responded. Reread:

Pete Carroll loves BIG players with prototypical size. He's an old-school Coach who covets Size - "Big people beat up little people" is what he ascribes to.

It's why he soured on Russell Wilson over the last few years. Back in 2012, the Seahawks GM took a 3rd round flyer on Wilson, but he was never truly "Pete Caroll's guy" - it just so happened that Wilson beat out Matt Flynn, was their best option at the time, and once he became QB, he kept winning so he kept his job. But there has always been friction between Carroll and Wilson - Wilson is a small undersized QB and that is not what Carroll likes or wants.

This is getting ridiculous. So Pete, who somehow has always secretly hated Russell Wilson because of his size, put the Super Bowl in that man's hands -- INSTEAD OF ONE OF THE BEST GOAL LINE BACKS OF ALL TIME -- because... why exactly?

You've made your point, I've made mine. Let's have one of us make some money off of it since you're somehow so sure. I think you're beyond hot-takey at this point, but we'll find out in a few weeks.

Edited by glazeduck
  • Disagree 1

It is a lock that Carson Strong gets drafted inside the Top 20.

Listen to me: an absolute LOCK.

He is the best QB in the draft by a country mile. It's not even close.

I will bump this thread on April 28th as soon as Strong gets selected inside the Top 20 overall picks.

The media has totally brainwashed you into thinking that most NFL teams don't have Strong as QB1.

Hell, before the 2021 season, there were mock drafts that projected Strong being drafted #2 overall to the Lions. I repeat: #2 overall.

Most NFL teams do have Strong rated as QB1 in this class. Because factually, he is.

So when I speak to guys who speak to teams that is not what I hear. 

Feel free to take a victory lap if it happens. But I hope you will also appear here to eat humble pie if it doesn't.

11 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

You're going off on a tangent and missing the forest from the trees in the process. You're lost on this topic.

Pete Caroll LITERALLY JUST GAVE AWAY RUSSELL WILSON AND HAS HAD FRICTION WITH HIM FOR MANY YEARS NOW.

He did that for one reason: to start fresh with his own prototypical hand-picked QB, which is Carson Strong.

Exactly.

BIG players.

Ifedi = Big OL

LJ Collier = Big LB

Pete Carroll is an old-school Coach who covets big players with size.

Richard Sherman = Big Corner

Byron Maxwell = Big Corner

Kam Chancellor = Big Safety

DK Metcalf = Big WR

Damien Lewis = Big Guard

Gabe Jackson = Big Guard

Germain Ifedi = Big OL

Marshawn Lynch = Big RB

Chris Carson = Big RB

Rashad Penny = Big RB

Carlos Dunlap = Big DE

LJ Collier = Big LB

Drew Lock = Big QB

---------

Carson Strong = Big QB (6'4", 226 pounds)

Cherrypicking is fun isn't it?

Tyler Locket = tiny at any position

Russell Wilson = tiny qb

Bruce Irvin = tiny DE

Britt = tiny OL

Uh huh.

Because this isn't Smokescreen Season or anything like that.

Teams don't try to mislead the public during Draft Season or anything like that.

Teams don't try to hide who they REALLY like, or anything like that.

Nah man, smokescreens don't happen at all leading up to the draft. Everything that you hear, all the rumors, are 100% true.(sarcasm)

If team likes Player X, I'm sure that team will scream out "We love Player X" from the mountaintops so that the other 31 NFL teams know exactly who they are targeting and coveting.

Totally dude. You got me.

*facepalm*

I think you are wrong just as much as you think you are right and not one thing you have said is persuasive. 

As I say, come back on April 28th and if Strong goes top 10 I will applaud you around your victory lap. If he doesn't though..... don't do a disappearing act.

43 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Pete Carroll loves BIG players with prototypical size. He's an old-school Coach who covets Size - "Big people beat up little people" is what he ascribes to.

Immobile pocket passers are no longer seen as 1st round talents, especially ones with a big medical red flag like Strong. I could see the Seahawks taking a flyer on him in the 2nd round which is the range where Drew Lock was drafted. The chances of him being drafted in the 1st are next to nothing. I think Corral, Willis, and Pickett will be the only 1st round QBs this year. I hope you're right though, the more QBs drafted before our pick the more good players get pushed down the board.

• Agree 1

@FFadpecr I'll give you props for having a solid opinion on this. I'm a big believer in needing to have confidence in your draft opinions. I've been very outspoken over the years here on Tebow, DK, Zach Moss, Ed Oliver and others, so props to you for your conviction. 

That said, the fact that you're unwilling to even acknowledge my bet offers leads me to believe you're either doing an elaborate troll job here, or, more likely, not as convinced as you're projecting (using a random intern suggesting they take him in the 2nd isn't helping your case either). 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I love McCall. Just beat the heck out of Tyler Linderbaum in the Iowa game. He isn’t just a big plugger.

He seems to be an enigma.  NFL Draft Buz has him running a 4.55 at 6'3" and 346 lbs.  I'm not sure if I believe that.  It should be impossible for a guy that big to move that fast.  The scouting report does have some negatives.  He's not seen as much of a pass rush threat (which he absolutely should be if he can move that fast).  

I have not seen Cam Taylor-Britt mentioned, though I might have missed it.  Taylor-Britt is about Tre White's size with maybe a bit more body mass.  He runs a sub 4.4 and can play safety or CB.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.