Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

Who are guys you've watched in college who aren't getting a lot of pre-draft buzz, but you think are going to be good pros, for the Bills or for some other team?  I'll start:

BJ Baylor, RB, Oregon State: Redshirt Jr this year...led the Pac 12 in rushing (1337 yards and 5.9 ypc)...listed at 5'11'' and 200 pounds but looks and plays a lot bigger. Downhill runner with a really nice burst who breaks a ton of tackles...only 8 catches this year.  Go watch his game tape against USC...he was a force.  For some reason, Baylor was not invited to the NFL Combine.  Participated in OSU's pro day yesterday but his 40 time has not been published.  I'd expect it is 4.55 or better.  Would be a great day 3 pick-up for the Bills as he has an element that their current stable of backs don't have.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Draft sleeper on offense Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State cause the Bucks system doesn’t really utilize the Tight End he is going to make someone very happy in the middle rounds as the kid can play.

Draft Sleeper on D…Troy Anderson the linebacker from Montana State he really is a poor man’s Micah Parsons 6’4 243lbs absolutely did everything at that school and also ran 4.42 40 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Draft sleeper on offense Tyler Ruckert from Ohio State cause the Bucks system doesn’t really utilize the Tight End he is going to make someone very happy in the middle rounds as the kid can play.

Draft Sleeper on D…Troy Anderson the linebacker from Montana State he really is a poor man’s Micah Parsons 6’4 243lbs absolutely did everything at that school and also ran 4.42 40 

Not sure Anderson is a sleeper anymore...being talked about as a second rounder...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

Who are guys you've watched in college who aren't getting a lot of pre-draft buzz, but you think are going to be good pros, for the Bills or for some other team?  I'll start:

BJ Baylor, RB, Oregon State: Redshirt Jr this year...led the Pac 12 in rushing (1337 yards and 5.9 ypc)...listed at 5'11'' and 200 pounds but looks and plays a lot bigger. Downhill runner with a really nice burst who breaks a ton of tackles...only 8 catches this year.  Go watch his game tape against USC...he was a force.  For some reason, Baylor was not invited to the NFL Combine.  Participated in OSU's pro day yesterday but his 40 time has not been published.  I'd expect it is 4.55 or better.  Would be a great day 3 pick-up for the Bills as he has an element that their current stable of backs don't have.  

LOVE Baylor, the kid runs like an NFL back. He's older and has durability ?s but my god is he fun to watch (and that's saying this as a Duck) when he's on.

Speaking of Ducks... Keep Devon Williams on your radar. 6'5, long-armed WR, former high 4* recruit, started his career at USC but transferred to Oregon. At Oregon he had arguably THE WORST QB in college FB not targeting him for 2 consecutive years. I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say there would be entire quarters or halves of games where he wouldn't get a target and yet was consistently open, like WIDE open. As such, he doesn't have the production you would want, but in the few games that he was actually and accurately fed the ball (they were few and far in between), he dominated. He's a great athlete and a bully in jump-ball situations. 

Should've stayed in college, but now has a young baby and wanting to provide for his family. This is the kind of kid that could definitely be a sleeper. DEFINITELY a kid I want to see succeed. 

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

LOVE Baylor, the kid runs like an NFL back. He's older and has durability ?s but my god is he fun to watch (and that's saying this as a Duck) when he's on.

Speaking of Ducks... Keep Devon Williams on your radar. 6'5, long-armed WR, former high 4* recruit, started his career at USC but transferred to Oregon. At Oregon he had arguably THE WORST QB in college FB not targeting him for 2 consecutive years. I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say there would be entire quarters or halves of games where he wouldn't get a target and yet was consistently open, like WIDE open. As such, he doesn't have the production you would want, but in the few games that he was actually fed the ball, he dominated. He's a great athlete and a bully in jump-ball situations. 

Should've stayed in college, but now has a young baby and wanting to provide for his family. This is the kind of kid that could definitely be a sleeper. DEFINITELY a kid I want to see succeed. 

I really wish the Ducks would stop playing these graduate transfers at QB...Is it really that hard to recruit a good high school QB?

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I really wish the Ducks would stop playing these graduate transfers at QB...Is it really that hard to recruit a good high school QB?

When your (now ex) coach (Mario) puts all his recruiting chips in 1 QB basket (DJU) and ignores the incredible talent right down the road (Bryce Young), sadly, sometimes the answer yes.

I thought I was the only one on Greg Dulcich, but apparently not. Think that kid has poor-man's Kittle written all over him. If he doesn't count, my other TE sleeper that absolutely does is Derrick Deese from SJSU. 

Guy runs routes and catches the ball like a WR but has more than enough size to be an effective blocker.

• Agree 1

I actually think Velus Jones Jr. can end up being a really productive WR in the NFL. He's got fantastic speed and put up solid numbers with a meh QB against SEC competition. I also think he will make an impact in the return game as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really like D’Marco Jackson from App State. A modern linebacker who will probably wind up a starter somewhere at some point. 

Dominque Robinson defensive end from Miami Ohio really stood out to me in the Combine drills. Good bend and lean, strong hands.

Luke Fortner from Kentucky is going to be a 10 year starter at center somewhere. 

This thread could go for 100 pages full of names I’ve never heard of. It’s the time of year when I cram for the Draft, and at #25 there still a greater than 50% chance I’ve never heard of the guy. After the first round, I just can’t wait to look the guy up, usually. 

Thanks to all you who study this so maybe I’ve heard of our guys before they get picked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One other is Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina. I study their stuff and have stolen a bunch of their plays for my high school team. That dude can play. Reminds me a bit of Charles Clay before we signed him and he started to suck. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.