2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

Not a show but the movie premiers soon with a couple shown in NYS... In the Court of the Crimson King. 

In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson At 50, a film by Toby Amies. A summary of the film's events for this week and beyond:

Wednesday, October 19th - Worldwide Theatrical Screenings updated list: https://www.itcotck.com/screenings

*There will also be theatrical screenings in festivals, on different dates October through November. Please find these at the end of the theatrical screenings list.

. . .

Saturday, October 22nd - a special film screening event in London, with a live introduction by Robert Fripp, and live Q&A with the director and band members after the film. The whole event will be streamed live, worldwide, and available through Video On Demand for 24 hours:

https://www.nugs.net/live.../621290-WEBCASTVARIANT.html

Locations are here:

https://www.itcotck.com/screenings

• Like (+1) 1

The Glenn Miller Orchestra is playing the Egg in Albany (very intimate venue) on Monday.  I don't have tickets, but I really want to go.  This might be a show I go to solo, since no one close to me is into this genre.  It's about an hour drive on a Monday night, so I'm still contemplating.  Will be a game-time decision.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Glenn Miller Orchestra is playing the Egg in Albany (very intimate venue) on Monday.  I don't have tickets, but I really want to go.  This might be a show I go to solo, since no one close to me is into this genre.  It's about an hour drive on a Monday night, so I'm still contemplating.  Will be a game-time decision.

I could easily get into that, my music tastes are all over the place. Just the thought of the GMO reminds me of the Stupidly now defunct Belleview Biltmore in Clearwater. Dylan played there among other greats. Got in there a couple of years before they Stupidly decided to take down the place but it was all there then, the Starlight Ballroom, etc. Walking around, it was Huge.... gave me the Shining vibe, all the ghosts of the greats, it was elegant and I almost felt like I didn't belong there. GMO played there too.

For the encore it has to be "In The Mood" lol... hope you make it.

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

I could easily get into that, my music tastes are all over the place. Just the thought of the GMO reminds me of the Stupidly now defunct Belleview Biltmore in Clearwater. Dylan played there among other greats. Got in there a couple of years before they Stupidly decided to take down the place but it was all there then, the Starlight Ballroom, etc. Walking around, it was Huge.... gave me the Shining vibe, all the ghosts of the greats, it was elegant and I almost felt like I didn't belong there. GMO played there too.

For the encore it has to be "In The Mood" lol... hope you make it.

It's amazing.  They've never stopped touring since 1956.  17 piece band.  Lead singers and another team of background vocalists.  I really want to go.  It's something I talked about months ago, but it fell off my radar and snuck up on me.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, T&C said:

This is next year but really, North Tonawanda?

https://bestclassicbands.com/jon-anderson-2023-tour-band-geeks-10-7-22/?fbclid=IwAR0DniIxcMJYu0kJ1NfjX6fDTIz_WoEL1UyTkTBFe_waircS9QWu8tyC1vY

Jon Anderson 2023 Tour Dates (Venues and ticket info TBA)
Apr 14 – Westbury, NY
Apr 16 – Newark, NJ
Apr 21 – New York, NY
Apr 23 – Reading, PA
Apr 28 – Collingswood, NJ
Apr 29 – Collingswood, NJ
May 03 – Tysons Corner, VA
May 06 – Baltimore, MD
May 09 – St. Charles, MO
May 12 – St. Charles, IL
May 13 – Des Plaines, IL
May 16 – North Tonawanda, NY
More Shows TBA

Melody Fair!

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Saw the B-52s last weekend on their final tour.  If you only know Roam and Love Shack, you don't want to go, you'll be severely disappointed.  I know quite a few of their songs, so I was entertained, but the wife was bored out of her mind. 

I was on the opposite side of a similar coin the other night. Iron Maiden - probably my first arena concert in 25+ years. I just wanted to hear 'the oldies' but the setlist didn't play out like that.

What was your wife's opinion of Rock Lobster? Mine hates it, but my boys (16 and 19) get it. Good times.

Edited by SinceThe70s

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

What was your wife's opinion of Rock Lobster? Mine hates it, but my boys (16 and 19) get it. Good times.

She knew the song, was ok to her.  Planet Claire was the one that had her think “WTF is this?”  

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

She knew the song, was ok to her.  Planet Claire was the one that had her think “WTF is this?”  

Private Idaho was always great live... have some old fashioned get them developed kind of pics in a box somewhere, got to check them out twice.

my hubby and his buddy are attending this show tonight. I've never been to this venue. It appears maybe couple thousanss seater "The Magnolia"

YES: Close to the Edge 50th Anniversary Tour

Important Event Info: All Ages Welcome

Doors: 7PM

Show: 8PM

*All times are subject to change*

California Department of Health strongly recommends that all attendees are fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to attending the event.

DateMon • Oct 24 • 7:00 PM

VenueThe MagnoliaEl Cajon, CA

On 10/21/2022 at 10:48 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I was on the opposite side of a similar coin the other night. Iron Maiden - probably my first arena concert in 25+ years. I just wanted to hear 'the oldies' but the setlist didn't play out like that.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:22 PM, Just Jack said:

I have vivid memories of watching the B-52s perform Rock Lobster on SNL in 1980, not long after my 9th birthday. 

At that time, I was definitely in the “WTF is this?” camp, lol. 

I doubt I'm going to make this, but wanted to put it out there for anyone in/near the Capital District (NY).  

https://www.proctors.org/event/the-last-waltz/

Saturday, November 05, 2022

The Last Waltz Tour 2022

The Last Waltz Tour makes its triumphant return! The epic tour continues the tradition of capturing the excitement of The Band’s historic 1976 Thanksgiving concert at the famed Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, hailed as the greatest concert of all time. The multi-city tour kicks off on November 3 and continues throughout the month, making stops at historic venues along the east coast.

Lineup:

Warren Haynes, Jamey Johnson, Kathleen Edwards, Anders Osborne, Dave Malone, Don Was, John Medeski, Cyril Neville, Terrence Higgins, Bob Margolin, Mark Mullins & The Levee Horns

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Stapleton Saturday night in Mercedes Benz Stadium (home of the Falcons). There is no band on earth I want to see in a venue that large, but the wife bought the tickets and we have friends coming from out of town. Look forward to a night out with friends, I just wish I could un-invite the other 60k people. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

With the year almost over, I'd have to say that the best concert I saw this year, hands down, was Billy Strings.

Knocked my socks off. Eager to go see him again as soon as he comes through my town. What a show!

WHOA. This is kind of eerie. In the Share music thread I very recently posted a youtube of mr strings with Jackson Browne. I had no idea who he was. and now you mention him.  lol that's awesome you saw him and it was so impressive  🙂

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

WHOA. This is kind of eerie. In the Share music thread I very recently posted a youtube of mr strings with Jackson Browne. I had no idea who he was. and now you mention him.  lol that's awesome you saw him and it was so impressive  🙂

Speaking of Jackson Browne, his song "These Days" is one of my all time favorites. So beautiful. Have listened to it a million times.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, Augie said:

Chris Stapleton Saturday night in Mercedes Benz Stadium (home of the Falcons). There is no band on earth I want to see in a venue that large, but the wife bought the tickets and we have friends coming from out of town. Look forward to a night out with friends, I just wish I could un-invite the other 60k people. 

Had to look him up; Jesus, Augie.  I feel your pain.  And in a giant venue like that too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.