2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

I went to see Alice Cooper last night at the Palace Theater in Albany.

Great show.  I would not consider myself an Alice Cooper fan, but I've never heard a song of his that I didn't like.

It was a lot of fun and the music was great.  Band was tight.  Mixed perfectly.  

I went with couple buddies of mine (brothers) who've attended multiple Alice Cooper shows over the years.  Based on their reviews of prior shows, I was expecting a bit more gore, but as the show progressed, the level of gore did, too.  Just not to the level I was anticipating.

But that didn't take away from an overall VERY entertaining evening.  

The Palace is, hands down, my favorite venue to catch a show.  With a capacity just under 3K, it's a nice, intimate setting and the theater itself is beautiful.  Great acoustics on top of amazing architecture.

The crowd demographic is what I think most would expect.  A bunch of white boomers and Gen Xers, for the most part - but I did notice a few younger adults and a few people brought their children (I'd say 9-12 years old).

We had ground level seats about halfway back and our view was excellent.  Of course, I had a guy who went about 6'5" tall - and a Jim Ignatowski doppelganger, to boot - in front of me, but I could comfortably move to my left to enjoy an unobstructed view for the entire show.  Most people, including me, stood for the entire set - which was about an hour and 45 minutes.

I get bored pretty easily during most concerts I attend, but that didn't happen last night.  I was worried that my unfamiliarity with his music would eventually lose me, but the few songs I didn't know were great. And this show is clearly more about the theatrics, which were perfect for the music.

My ticket was $80 total and man, it was worth it.  

If/when he comes to town again, I'll be there.  This was more of an, "I want to go because I've never seen him and I want to say I did," kind of show for me.

For under $100, I'd highly recommend seeing Alice Cooper to anyone who likes rock and roll.  Great audio and visual display and the people watching is an added bonus!!

• Like (+1) 2

Nice review @Gugny…it’s always great when you go to a show not knowing what to expect and you get treated to a great performance that turns you into a fan.  I’ve had a few shows I’ve gone to for the headliner and the opening act is who you rave about afterwards.

3000-ish seat venues can’t be beat…just big enough to draw good talent yet keep it intimate.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

did anyone see deadmau5 in buffalo last week? apparently he got a lot of noise complaints haha

The city of Buffalo is known to be very stringent with that kind of stuff

Literally like a minute after you’re supposed to stop playing after Curfew… They will hit you with a 1000 dollar fine

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The city of Buffalo is known to be very stringent with that kind of stuff

Literally like a minute after you’re supposed to stop playing after Curfew… They will hit you with a 1000 dollar fine

I saw Silversun Pickups locally a few years ago at an outdoor venue in the middle of a town.  You could see a large digital clock in the corner of the stage.  They finished playing right at 9:59pm, because the noise ordinance starts at 10pm. 

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I saw Silversun Pickups locally a few years ago at an outdoor venue in the middle of a town.  You could see a large digital clock in the corner of the stage.  They finished playing right at 9:59pm, because the noise ordinance starts at 10pm. 

That’s Buffalo for you 

happens everywhere especially outdoor venues 

Edited by Buffalo716

Flying down to see Zac Brown in Tampa this coming weekend…seemed like a much better idea 6 months ago.

My wife and I have been looking forward to this show for such a long time and now to fly into Orlando and drive over to Tampa and see the Ian aftermath puts a real damper on it.  Pretty weird to think we’ll be enjoying a fun weekend away with so many people experiencing so much loss all around us.  Everything must be great in TB though with SNF a go, right?  Right???  🙄

37 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Flying down to see Zac Brown in Tampa this coming weekend…seemed like a much better idea 6 months ago.

My wife and I have been looking forward to this show for such a long time and now to fly into Orlando and drive over to Tampa and see the Ian aftermath puts a real damper on it.  Pretty weird to think we’ll be enjoying a fun weekend away with so many people experiencing so much loss all around us.  Everything must be great in TB though with SNF a go, right?  Right???  🙄

I'm 15 minutes east of Tampa, not far from where you guys are going, and everything is pretty much back to normal around here. Orlando actually got it worse with the NE angle of the storm. Pretty easy drive for you as the Fair Grounds are right at I-4 and 301... enjoy the show.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm 15 minutes east of Tampa, not far from where you guys are going, and everything is pretty much back to normal around here. Orlando actually got it worse with the NE angle of the storm. Pretty easy drive for you as the Fair Grounds are right at I-4 and 301... enjoy the show.

Cheers @T&C, makes me feel a bit better.  Saw some of the photos from Orlando and it looks nasty.  We’re going with friends from Winter Garden and they seemed to come through alright.  Hopefully you made out okay as well…

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is next year but really, North Tonawanda?

https://bestclassicbands.com/jon-anderson-2023-tour-band-geeks-10-7-22/?fbclid=IwAR0DniIxcMJYu0kJ1NfjX6fDTIz_WoEL1UyTkTBFe_waircS9QWu8tyC1vY

Jon Anderson 2023 Tour Dates (Venues and ticket info TBA)
Apr 14 – Westbury, NY
Apr 16 – Newark, NJ
Apr 21 – New York, NY
Apr 23 – Reading, PA
Apr 28 – Collingswood, NJ
Apr 29 – Collingswood, NJ
May 03 – Tysons Corner, VA
May 06 – Baltimore, MD
May 09 – St. Charles, MO
May 12 – St. Charles, IL
May 13 – Des Plaines, IL
May 16 – North Tonawanda, NY
More Shows TBA

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught The Who tonight.  Full disclosure- I absolutely love The Who, and have no doubt Pete Townshend's songwriting, and Keith Moon's extraordinary approach to life beyond helped me become the lovable person I am today.  

I believe they are both well into their 70's, and Entwistle and Moon are gone, but they put on a helluva show.  A lot of Tommy up front, then a bunch of 80's stuff (Daltrey acknowledged the 80's wasn't the bands best decade, but they did it anyway), then went into some very good Quadrophenia.  

I didn't want the show to end, and my voice is pretty well gone.  It wasn't 'Live at Leeds', but hell yeah I'd go to that show again. 

• Like (+1) 3

Saw the B-52s last weekend on their final tour.  If you only know Roam and Love Shack, you don't want to go, you'll be severely disappointed.  I know quite a few of their songs, so I was entertained, but the wife was bored out of her mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.