2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

29 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

As long as he leaves that talentless wife at home 😁

Lol... good point. She must be good at Something though. Are you going to go? Nothing remotely close to Florida so I'll just hear about it. 

On 6/12/2022 at 8:38 PM, Augie said:

When it turned out we couldn’t go, I offered our tix to a friend who has been generous with concert tickets in the past. He said he HAD tickets, but then sold them when he learned it wouldn’t be Steve Winwood opening. 

For some reason, however unfairly, I think my mind went to “I’m not missing anything” mode. I didn’t have any idea who was opening, but that would be some great stuff to see. Wish we could be there. Have a blast!

The concert was incredible. Snarky Puppy is just fabulous. There were 9 or 10 of them, this time. They only played songs from their upcoming album. It took the crowd 2 songs to sort of catch on. By the time they were done (unfortunately about 90 minutes) they got a pretty good reaction. Still, for opening acts, too many people are chatting away and not paying attention.

And while I've seen SD many, many times, this was one of their best performances, IMO. They were very tight. Don was in great spirits and his voice was pretty good actually. The entire band smoked, but as usual, Carlock (the drummer) stole the show. 

Nice venue, too. You missed a good one, Augie.

• Like (+1) 1

The Tubes at the Belly Up was a fun show.  When they first broke onto the music scene back in the day this band they were the shizzz Super Buzzworthy flamboyant Costumes subject matter all of it was HUGE where I lived at the time. (Phoenix) I recall Buffalo city had the same reaction based upon my local friends retelling . As happens the lead singer has lost a lot of his past vocal chops from age. But I appreciated it nonetheless. Second time I've seen them live.

encore was this song:  Fee Waybill still has attitude and swag ...theyre campy and in their best moments theatrical rock for me.. The 2nd clip is to me their iconic song. .

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 3:46 AM, The Poojer said:

Show 2 tonight in bethel woods on my Dead and Company summer tour roadie.  Did the deer creek show Tuesday for show 1.  Show 3 is tomorrow in foxboro, then a week off before show 4 back home in Philly. 

How are they sounding to your ears these days?

I feel like Bobby’s guitar tone has gotten better, less tinny sounding and abrasive than in recent years.

Ive been wondering if there’s more than meets the eye with Billy’s increasingly frequent absences. I know he said “pulled muscle”, but…a little worrisome.

Glad they’ve pulled out Sing Me Back Home for this tour. I just listened to every show from ‘72 recently, and this song was often the gem of the show in which it appeared. Underrated tune.

Enjoy the remaining shows!

I did not have tickets, but I just saw that tonight's Dead and Co., show at Saratoga Performing Arts Center was abruptly canceled.  John Mayer's father passed away today.

@Logic

@The Poojer -  They said no other dates would be affected.

Edited by Gugny
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I did not have tickets, but I just saw that tonight's Dead and Co., show at Saratoga Performing Arts Center was abruptly canceled.  John Mayer's father passed away today.

@Logic

Saw that.

A total bummer for those planning on going tonight, but obviously more than understandable given the circumstances.

Hopefully there's a makeup date in the future.

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

@Logic

Almost went up for the show.  I just hope John was able to see his father in Hartford yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

@Logic

His father didn't pass away, but did have a medical emergency 

Just spent 4-5 days camped in the middle of this hilarity, logging a bunch of time in the first row in front of some of the world's best musicians.

Great party; incredible picking in the bluegrass capital of the world.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.