2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

On 5/15/2022 at 10:50 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm disappointed there won't be any free Canalside shows this year. And who knows if they'll ever come back? Free concerts are a Buffalo summer tradition.

Here's a list of all the concerts in WNY for this summer/year... Garth Brooks just cancelled his concert at Highmark. Something for everyone:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/entertainment/music/concerts-2-go-to-list-of-concerts-in-buffalo-western-new-york/71-bf059c9a-5a96-4a4e-8b16-f5c5162e0e40

2 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Mrs. Lew and I have seen Alice 2X in the past 6 years.  Entertaining as heck. 

Alas the band is not headed to my neck of the woods this tour.

I saw AC right before the pandemic, great show. I like how he surrounds himself with young talent in his band, makes the show fresh. Nita Strauss in particular is great.

september-17-2021-atlantic-city-new-jers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Here's a list of all the concerts in WNY for this summer/year... Garth Brooks just cancelled his concert at Highmark. Something for everyone:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/entertainment/music/concerts-2-go-to-list-of-concerts-in-buffalo-western-new-york/71-bf059c9a-5a96-4a4e-8b16-f5c5162e0e40

I thought he just paused ticket sales in some strange gesture to honor the victims of yesterday's tragic events

• Like (+1) 1

Steely Dan with Snarky Puppy at the Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park outside Atlanta. 3rd row right center seats. 

I've never seen Snarky Puppy so I'm doubly psyched for this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually am not a big fan of John Williams (because most of his scores sound the same). But Jurassic Park has to be one of his best— a really wonderful score. 

Saw the Richmond Symphony do Empire Strikes Back last night. It was awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The only summer show I have planned is the Zappa Band up in Plymouth NH (The Flying Monkey.) I was interested in Tears for Fears but tickets were way too much. Same with Roxy Music in the fall. Stupid $$$$.

Aww, man.  Tears for Fears would be great.  I do see some tix in the $50-$60 range, but they're pretty far from the stage.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Aww, man.  Tears for Fears would be great.  I do see some tix in the $50-$60 range, but they're pretty far from the stage.

The Boston show was expensive. It's sold out now and resale is going for $300+. I could fly to Chicago and get $29 lawn seats, though.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Boston show was expensive. It's sold out now and resale is going for $300+. I could fly to Chicago and get $29 lawn seats, though.

That's the show I was looking at because I figured that's where you'd go.  Looks like the seats I saw are all "companion" seats.  What a bummer.  The ticket sales industry is so broken.

The cheapest resale ticket for the Pearl Jam MSG show is $627 and it's a nosebleed ... behind the stage.  Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I would’ve gone to see Garbage open, but not for those prices.

• Agree 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Just bought tickets for the Smashing Pumpkins with Janes Addiction.

I am still on the fence with this one.  I might just wait it out and see what's going on closer to the date (Oct. 19 at MSG).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Concert season started for me yesterday with a street festival in my area, Melvin Seals and JGB, Jade Bird, Yellowman and a few others.  I was there for Melvin and Jade, they absolutely killed it.  Then today John Kadlecik (who played with Melvin last night) did a small acoustic set at a bar near me.  A nice 4pm set to close the weekend! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, The Dean said:

Steely Dan with Snarky Puppy at the Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park outside Atlanta. 3rd row right center seats. 

I've never seen Snarky Puppy so I'm doubly psyched for this one.

When it turned out we couldn’t go, I offered our tix to a friend who has been generous with concert tickets in the past. He said he HAD tickets, but then sold them when he learned it wouldn’t be Steve Winwood opening. 

For some reason, however unfairly, I think my mind went to “I’m not missing anything” mode. I didn’t have any idea who was opening, but that would be some great stuff to see. Wish we could be there. Have a blast!

hubby surprised me with tickets to see the Tubes at the Belly Up Tavern Solana Beach Cali 6-16-22 this week 🙂 Great mid size venue 600 seater. Stage is elevated from the floor. Mostly standing room but some seating . This should be interesting 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, T&C said:

An evening with that awful man and his manager coming to a venue near you. You don't hear him speak often so this is certainly different.

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/that-awful-man-and-his-manager-on-the-road?fbclid=IwAR0ugtvQZXnHgbr0jFf9-FwRmcTC7uy5jRMzYpUyMmh3CTrnvj8BRuq81Zc

As long as he leaves that talentless wife at home 😁

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.