2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have always done whatever it took to avoid looking at setlists and any other kinds of spoilers.  I never understood why people want to know.

On that note, I am a strictly Waters-era Pink Floyd fan - including the Syd-era; so the Mason show sounds fantastic.  I'm heavily leaning toward going.

I saw Waters do the Wall at MSG back in 2010 and it was amazing.  That said, I never cared for his solo stuff, so I'm skipping this year's tour.  

Seeing a show at Red Rocks is something I'd love to do someday.

Interesting that you're a Waters-era Floyd fan, but not a fan of his solo material!  I haven't listened to Pros&Cons or Radio KAOS in ages, but Amused to Death in my opinion is the best solo PF album of them all and it still finds its way into my rotation.  For what it's worth, Rog is on record saying this is his farewell tour.  

Hit me up if you ever need a place to stay for a Red Rocks show, I'm only 15 minutes away. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Curious if they did anything off of the More soundtrack.

SPOILER ALERT

Bassist Guy Pratt told us that during the 94 PF tour rehearsals Gilmour asked the band if there were any old PF songs they wanted to do.  Immediately Guy said "The Nile Song!" to which a cringe-faced Gilmour told him he could kindly go find another band!  And, as Guy puts it, that's exactly what he did!  So Saucerful has done this one - as far as I know that's the only one from More but I have not reviewed every setlist.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

SPOILER ALERT

Bassist Guy Pratt told us that during the 94 PF tour rehearsals Gilmour asked the band if there were any old PF songs they wanted to do.  Immediately Guy said "The Nile Song!" to which a cringe-faced Gilmour told him he could kindly go find another band!  And, as Guy puts it, that's exactly what he did!  So Saucerful has done this one - as far as I know that's the only one from More but I have not reviewed every setlist.    

If you have never seen the movie:

I just saw Sparks Wednesday in Boston. In a theater right across the street from where Chris Rock was performing, btw. 

I mostly knew Sparks from the 70's and 80's but they never stopped writing amazing songs. Starting to listen to them now.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just saw Sparks Wednesday in Boston. In a theater right across the street from where Chris Rock was performing, btw. 

I mostly knew Sparks from the 70's and 80's but they never stopped writing amazing songs. Starting to listen to them now.

This reminded me of a thread... put the Don Kirshners RC one in there. Agree, they were good and under the radar.

Hard Rock Live in Hollywood FL (the Guitar shaped resort) has a new 7000 seat venue. I just checked their schedule. Paul McCartney is playing May 25th. That looked interesting, until I saw the 4 digit prices. C'mon!

The Who are playing in there in 3 weeks and only $160 each. That's a maybe as I've never seen them.

I scored a front row seat to see "Weird Al"  Yankovic in May.  Emo Phillips is the opening act and I've never seen him perform so that will be cool.  Probably the only concert I'll make it to this year but I have other things planned to keep me tied over till football season...( Nascar at the Poconos and WGI for instance ..). 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.