2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

So far, the only thing I've got tickets for is Joan Jett at the Albany Palace Theater in a couple weeks.  Small venue (under 3K), orchestra seats, center stage.  This is a Covid make-up show, so we've been waiting a while!

A couple weeks ago, I took my son to see Korn (arena show (MVP in Albany) - same size as MSG).  He enjoyed it; not my cup of tea.

Lots of arena and stadium tours scheduled and it will be fun to share who's going to any upcoming shows; as well as get some reviews!

Rock on!

Right now, main acts (bypassing local shows) for which we have tix:

Joe Jackson, May in DC

Roger Waters August in DC

Nick Mason August in DC

not scheduling anything after Aug until schedule is released.

idgaf if someone puts up a boomer alert.

6 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Right now, main acts (bypassing local shows) for which we have tix:

Joe Jackson, May in DC

Roger Waters August in DC

Nick Mason August in DC

not scheduling anything after Aug until schedule is released.

idgaf if someone puts up a boomer alert.

I'm really intrigued by the Nick Mason tour and I see he's playing in NYC (Beacon Theatre, which is a perfectly sized venue) in December.  Looking forward to your review!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm having to visit each individual venue's website and it's a PITA.

This is pretty much where I am.  Individual artist and/or venue searches.  Very difficult in the NYC area, because there are venues there that I don't even know about.  There's a website for the city, but it lists every gig in the city - including just regular bar bands - and it takes FOREVER to navigate through.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How are you all tracking upcoming shows in your area?

Pollstar has moved to subscription, and the free Artvoice/Creative Loafing type papers are dead.

I like Songkick myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm really intrigued by the Nick Mason tour and I see he's playing in NYC (Beacon Theatre, which is a perfectly sized venue) in December.  Looking forward to your review!!

I can do that now. We have seen him twice (once live and another time virtually at The Roundhouse in London). He has a great band and I enjoy older Pink Floyd tunes. The band does not play the old tune exactly but does some improvisation. We enjoyed it so much that we are going again. I believe some different tunes from their first NA tour.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

no tickets bought yet, but there are 2 on my radar.

Trombone Shorty at Artpark

Porcupine Tree in Toronto

Thinking about making the drive to Toronto for PT as well

Edited by dhg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How are you all tracking upcoming shows in your area?

Pollstar has moved to subscription, and the free Artvoice/Creative Loafing type papers are dead.

I did this google search "tampa bay area concerts 2022" and it brought up quite a bit, just a scroll down affair... maybe it'll work like that in your area. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://spac.org/calendar/calendar-of-events/

I wanted to go to Matchbox 20, but looks like they pushed it to 2023.

Goo Goo Dolls August 19th is a possibility

I had no idea about Matchbox 20 postponing their entire tour.  That is odd to me.  I would love to see them; Goo Goo Dolls would be good, too.  I can't believe they have enough demand for SPAC.  I'll wait till they hit the Palace in a few years.  Same with Norah Jones.

Of all the SPAC shows, I think the only one I can see myself going to is REO/Styx.  These bands have priced me out.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Of all the SPAC shows, I think the only one I can see myself going to is REO/Styx.  These bands have priced me out.

Saw Styx with REO and Don Felder a couple years ago.  Styx was definitely worth it.  REO was the closing act, and let's just say, a lot of people decided to leave early to beat traffic.  

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Saw Styx with REO and Don Felder a couple years ago.  Styx was definitely worth it.  REO was the closing act, and let's just say, a lot of people decided to leave early to beat traffic.  

That surprises me.  Years ago, I saw REO/Styx/Journey (in that order) and I thought REO was the best band of the night without question.  This was before the little Filipino guy took over for Journey, so it's been a while.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Definitely go see this if you are a Pink Floyd fan!  In fact I recommend springing for good seats if you can.  Gary Kemp is a wizard - he does a great job emulating PF sounds with whatever box he has attached to his guitar.  They perform a lot more obscure material, which is great for diehard fans.  I recommend not looking at setlists prior to your show to keep the surprise factor intact.  Lots of fun, worth every penny imo.  

Roger Waters later this summer, Tedeschi Trucks Band x2 at Red Rocks, Umphrey's McGee x 2
Gov't Mule spring tour got postponed after Warren fell on his shoulder and fractured his scapula while on vacation in Costa Rica - ouch.  All the summer dates are still intact though.  

Just now, coloradobillsfan said:

Definitely go see this if you are a Pink Floyd fan!  In fact I recommend springing for good seats if you can.  Gary Kemp is a wizard - he does a great job emulating PF sounds with whatever box he has attached to his guitar.  They perform a lot more obscure material, which is great for diehard fans.  I recommend not looking at setlists prior to your show to keep the surprise factor intact.  Lots of fun, worth every penny imo.  

Roger Waters later this summer, Tedeschi Trucks Band x2 at Red Rocks, Umphrey's McGee x 2
Gov't Mule spring tour got postponed after Warren fell on his shoulder and fractured his scapula while on vacation in Costa Rica - ouch.  All the summer dates are still intact though.  

I have always done whatever it took to avoid looking at setlists and any other kinds of spoilers.  I never understood why people want to know.

On that note, I am a strictly Waters-era Pink Floyd fan - including the Syd-era; so the Mason show sounds fantastic.  I'm heavily leaning toward going.

I saw Waters do the Wall at MSG back in 2010 and it was amazing.  That said, I never cared for his solo stuff, so I'm skipping this year's tour.  

Seeing a show at Red Rocks is something I'd love to do someday.

13 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Curious if they did anything off of the More soundtrack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.