Josh back working with Palmer..

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Read the actual thread, there's essentially been no real focus on Palmer until you made it a thing...so congratulations I guess, never suspected that this was all a subtle ruse by Palmer's #1 fan.

LOL, doesn't TSW terms of use prohibit posting/promoting businesses or products?

Josh will need to work on his timing with Crowder.  That's probably Job #1.

His swing/screens with Devin and Duke is probably second.

In his general passing I believe one of his weakest (if you can call it that) is his WR screens.

I'm not sure if that was play designs or bad timing with Josh and the WRs but there seems to be a lot of room for improvement.

All that said it's not a lot to worry about.  I would imagine he wants to work on QB generalship and manipulating defenses even more!

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say Wat?

Rosen was mercilessly criticized and put down in the media for his off-field antics that indicated a certain degree of entitlement (setting up a hot tub in his room) and willingness to be abrasive with his personal political views (wearing a F*** president's name cap).  There were also rumors and questions about his intangibles - his leadership in the locker room and abilities to get along with others.

Where he was praised, was not for his "social pedigree", but for his actual on-field football performance with St John Bosco (5 star recruit) then with UCLA, where he set records for 300 yd games and at one point, led the nation in various football stats.

If his actual football skills and football IQ had translated to the NFL, I'm sure he'd still be criticized and dissected for his off-field deportment, fair or unfair.

But they didn't - the day of the relatively immobile pocket passer who can throw beautifully when on-platform, may be done

There was note of his father being Dr. Charles Rosen, famous spine surgeon who went to U Penn and his mother who went to Dartmouth and played lacrosse.  Josh was UCLA of course and his political commentary was, to some, admirable. 

I think the negative blowback you mention was something continued to grow with time and coverage. Maybe I'd say his cocky draft night statement was the tipping point for his reputation. 

9 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I'd add working with his new TE as well. The offense is going look different this season, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie becomes a bigger part of the offense as well. Lot of moving pieces here

I’m not worried about any of the stuff with Josh they will figure it out what I want to see is more efficient running not more running but being efficient with the carries that they have

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, In Summary said:

There was note of his father being Dr. Charles Rosen, famous spine surgeon who went to U Penn and his mother who went to Dartmouth and played lacrosse.  Josh was UCLA of course and his political commentary was, to some, admirable. 

I think the negative blowback you mention was something continued to grow with time and coverage. Maybe I'd say his cocky draft night statement was the tipping point for his reputation. 

too lazy to google, but i also recall Rosen having family money also on his mother's side.  She is apparently an east-coast old-money Wharton.  As in Wharton School of Business (UPenn).  This in the context of him maybe not loving/needing football. 

Was likened to Johnny "Texas family oil money" Manziel. 

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How indeed.

Let's here from......Jordan Palmer!!

"I've said this a bunch, Sam is one of the best young quarterbacks in this league," Palmer recently said on an appearance on ESPN's NFL Live. "He has everything. You talk to smart coaches around the league, Sam is one of those guys that they put in a different category. It's just going to be a matter of time for him.

"Last offseason, he had an unbelievable offseason," he said. "He laid out a plan with his coaching staff and he checked every box. Then the mono thing hit, there was a new coaching staff, so with Sam, I don't think that he has to make any drastic changes to what he's doing. I think it's just going to be a matter of time until things click. People are healthy, guys know the system and he'll explode.

and...

"I've been around Josh (Rosen) since HS. When I look at Josh, from a talent perspective, talking to a lot of folks, it's pretty unanimous across the board, this guy mechanically is really clean. I think Josh is going to be a phenomenal player."

"Jordan explained that when Carson Palmer studied Rosen film before the 2018 draft, he came away comparing him to Tom Brady in how he is decisive, gets rid of the football quickly and pushes the ball down the field."

lol--the Jordan Palmer hype machine (here) never rests.

That’s the way of it though, its not just Palmer, everyone having an opinion wether it’s National talking heads or some unknown YouTuber, they all hype up every position/player from FA to draft candidates, it’s like a Japanese train schedule, it’s like clockwork, it’s all part of the NFL hype machine, it’s self sustaining, and at this point it’s to be expected, ya just can’t drink all the koolaid they’re handing out on these guys. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not worried about any of the stuff with Josh they will figure it out what I want to see is more efficient running not more running but being efficient with the carries that they have

Agreed. Took half the season for the OL to figure out how to block last year. That needs to change. Honestly, I think our running backs are above average all ready. The line didn't do them any favors at the beginning of last year. Really hoping Kromer can get things rolling more quickly.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

That’s the way of it though, its not just Palmer, everyone having an opinion wether it’s National talking heads or some unknown YouTuber, they all hype up every position/player from FA to draft candidates, it’s like a Japanese train schedule, it’s like clockwork, it’s all part of the NFL hype machine, it’s self sustaining, and at this point it’s to be expected, ya just can’t drink all the koolaid they’re handing out on these guys. 

All those talking heads aren't paid by the people being hyped.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All those talking heads aren't paid by the people being hyped.

They make their living off the NFL, so yah, they are paid to hype, its a self congratulatory society, keep the hype train rolling, and the pay checks keep coming, you could call it an industry…

On 4/1/2022 at 12:06 PM, Utah John said:

There were Allen doubters even into his third season with the Bills.  These stubborn fools could not admit they were wrong.  They said that accuracy issues could never be fixed.  Eventually they quieted down but every time Allen misses a pass they stick their heads back up and say "see, I told you".

These are not Bills fans I'm talking about, they're the talking heads that make a living talking about the same things that we spend our time writing about here.

The same guys who anointed mayfield to the HOF his first  2 years and are now saying he was never good.

39 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Agreed. Took half the season for the OL to figure out how to block last year. That needs to change. Honestly, I think our running backs are above average all ready. The line didn't do them any favors at the beginning of last year. Really hoping Kromer can get things rolling more quickly.

Wrong scheme for our skill set and a sh!tty o line coach.  Not sure who (mcclappy), but some one over ruled and changed the scheme to take advantage of our athletcism. All of sudden they looked average to good which was better than dumpster fire

20 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

They make their living off the NFL, so yah, they are paid to hype, its a self congratulatory society, keep the hype train rolling, and the pay checks keep coming, you could call it an industry…

They work in entertainment media...sports in particular.  They are being paid to entertain and produce entertainment.  All media is hype and entertainment.  What else are they supposed to do but give the people what they want?   They are not a society; they are catering to society.  

That's far different from a business owner hyping his own paying clients/players/prospects to enhance his own business. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They work in entertainment media...sports in particular.  They are being paid to entertain and produce entertainment.  All media is hype and entertainment.  What else are they supposed to do but give the people what they want?   They are not a society; they are catering to society.  

That's far different from a business owner hyping his own paying clients/players/prospects to enhance his own business. 

No it’s not, it’s the same, oh, and you’re wrong, 😁

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how so

Really?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Palmer isn't a paid entertainer.  Everyone within the public view of ESPN/NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL...etc is.

Pretty stark difference.  

No it’s not, they promote/ hype players because it directly benefits them financially, same for all the talking heads, it’s all part of the greater NFL hype machine, the hype directly benefits the whole industry, cottage or otherwise, that you purposefully refuse to accept it is kinda funny, it it’s own Mr. Weo way, anyway, I’m gonna get a coffee and read a book, later…,

Just now, Don Otreply said:

No it’s not, they promote/ hype players because it directly benefits them financially, same for all the talking heads, it’s all part of the greater NFL hype machine, the hype directly benefits the whole industry, cottage or otherwise, that you purposefully refuse to accept it is kinda funny, it it’s own Mr. Weo way, anyway, I’m gonna get a coffee and read a book, later…,

I tried.  More reading will help.  Dig in

16 hours ago, In Summary said:

This is really a minor aside, but Rosen's family background of wealth was cited early and often as a dis on him - like coming from wealth he wouldn't work hard enough at football or might walk away. 

I never heard it expressed as a positive talking point by anyone in the media at any time pre or post draft

16 hours ago, In Summary said:

Actually some people thought better of him for that at the time, but it was remembered to his discredit when he couldn't "walk the walk" and back it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.