Video: Von Miller Behind the Scenes of Free Agency

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Felt like to me Josh got asked to call Von Miller and recruit him so he did because that's cool, but him being on the defense not sure he knew what to say.

Well, he could've acted more excited when Von Miller was talking about going to the SB. He could've talked up the team and players a bunch. He could've talked up Von himself. But like I said, Josh was playing it cool. 

He basically said "Cool Von. Maybe you come, maybe you don't. Whatever, it'll be fun."

Von did all the talking up to him, not the other way around, which is great. This is Josh's team and they're confident. They're not begging anyone to come like Judon and the Pats. 

They're not dependent on Von or any other star, but it's the perfect place for Von to provide help and further his own legacy.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, he could've acted more excited when Von Miller was talking about going to the SB. He could've talked up the team and players a bunch. He could've talked up Von himself. But like I said, Josh was playing it cool. 

He basically said "Cool Von. Maybe you come, maybe you don't. Whatever, it'll be fun."

Von did all the talking up to him, not the other way around, which is great. This is Josh's team and they're confident. They're not begging anyone to come like Judon and the Pats. 

They're not dependent on Von or any other star, but it's the perfect place for Von to provide help and further his own legacy.

I think you underestimate how many of these calls Josh probably does every offseason. 90% of which probably lead to nothing. 

Also, Josh is a top echelon QB. That's higher status in the NFL than even a HOF DE. I think you just heard a typical call between two guys who don't know each other and one guy has a bit more money and status than the other guy. 

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I think you underestimate how many of these calls Josh probably does every offseason. 90% of which probably lead to nothing. 

Also, Josh is a top echelon QB. That's higher status in the NFL than even a HOF DE. I think you just heard a typical call between two guys who don't know each other and one guy has a bit more money and status than the other guy. 

Definitely not. I'm completely correct.

8 hours ago, wjag said:

Josh convo felt stilted...  Clearly they didn't know each other.

i think its because JA knew he was being recorded.

As discussed upthread, we got laws about that.  That appears to be why with McVay we only hear Von talking and not McVay.

One poster talked about getting JA's permission to use the audio, which must have been granted.  I say that's incorrect. It is illegal to record without knowledge and consent.  That consent must be obtained before recording.  That's because the illegal act is recording, not just possessing a recording, or publishing a recording later.

That said, I also like JA's demeanor.  If you come, cool. If not, best wishes.  I think JA cant act like this is the one piece we need to get over the top, when he shares the locker room with the entire Bills' defense: JA cant blame our failure on his defense, and certainly not pubicly. 

And even Von said himself at the intro presser:  'y'all are winnin the superbowl without me anyway'

Edited by maddenboy

On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Papa Miller is now a folk hero in Buffalo.

To the victor go the spoils.

The Pegulas should invite Daddy Miller (IDK if still married so wife too) to their suite for the home opener.  Something to recognize how special and appreciative we are for his sentiments.  Maybe one of those pregame interviews on the CBS  as it would go over so well nationwide.  It would also reaffirm Buffalo is a destination city now.

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

"Von Miller to the Buffalo Bills?  How the hell that happen?  6 years $120 Million?"

😆 Exactly!

Heard Buffalo Fanatics podcast go on about the money angle as well… but wasn’t it reported that the Rams came close on the money?  6 yrs/120 is fluff, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard LAR got close on the guaranteed money.  Not where we were, but not too far off.  

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Heard Buffalo Fanatics podcast go on about the money angle as well… but wasn’t it reported that the Rams came close on the money?  6 yrs/120 is fluff, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard LAR got close on the guaranteed money.  Not where we were, but not too far off.  

The Bills being a good team didn't hurt either, but his agent made it clear this was his best offer and it was "everything we had talked about."

The money, on top of everything else Von may have been considering, definitely tipped the scale.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.