Video: Von Miller Behind the Scenes of Free Agency

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Do you think if dolphins would have offered 2 million a year more Von would be a dolphins today? 

One hundred percent. I don't think he was going to leave any money on the table to come to the Bills. He didn't do it for the Rams. Assuming you don't agree, what makes you think he'd have done so here?

20 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Props to dad for seeing things clearly. It was the smart decision. 

We can be competitive with the Jamison Crowders and Duke Johnsons of the world, but for superstars we have to pay the Buffalo tax. 

The dude just came from LA/Bahamas/Miami to cold, lonely, and barren OP for a photo op. We needed to offer more than Dallas and LA. 

There is no “buffalo tax” anymore.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

BUT, it felt like he was gonna cry that he had to leave LA. I suspect he will love what the Bills team and fans offer in many ways, and after he collects all those dollars LA is more likely to be in his future than WNY.  (I’m NOT blaming him.) 

He will be a serious pro, but he came off as disappointed and going for the money, IMO.

iirc, he was the exact same way last year when departing Denver for LA. ‘I may be playing in LA but I’ll always be a Bronco’. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, HerdMentality said:

There is no “buffalo tax” anymore.

For the most part, this is true.

However, for this situation, where we're talking about leaving Los Angeles, CA and a team that is the defending Super Bowl Champions - I don't care how good we've been, you're going to need to outbid them to convince someone to leave that and come here.

Though I don't know if it would be fair to call that a "Buffalo Tax". Because it'd be the same thing for literally any other team in the league that wasn't the defending Super Bowl champs from LA.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

That was interesting...you only see what is in the video buy my impression is that Von was solely focused on year and total contract value.....6 years 120 million for an average of $20 million per year. He totally reacted to that...but its not real.  The last year is 30 million salary at age 39 with $0 dead cap.   He will never get all of that and I am surprised he was more focused on that than the guaranteed part and the structure.   We never saw other offers but I thought his agent did not do a good job of explaining the contract to him in the video.  I say in the video because there were probably other conversations we did not see.  But if I was him, I would want to know about what is guaranteed and when.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, Charles Romes said:

yes, slightly overpaid, but Von knows this, and knows there is only one reason the  Bills made this offer.  I think the overpayment will increase Von’s level of commitment to extend his HOF career and be worth it. 

I'm not sure.  He liked the Rams, the city, etc.  He might have stayed there if we hadn't offered what we did.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.