Video: Von Miller Behind the Scenes of Free Agency

First player I've ever heard talk about doing research on a franchise before he was drafted and then saying "huge fan of Bruce Smith, huge fan of Cornelius Bennett". Most of the guys on our team RIGHT NOW don't know who those players are.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

First player I've ever heard talk about doing research on a franchise before he was drafted and then saying "huge fan of Bruce Smith, huge fan of Cornelius Benett". Most of the guys on our team RIGHT NOW don't know who those players are.

I have sure they know who they are especially if they are on the Bills. Their pictures and jerseys are everywhere at 1 Bills Drive. And who doesnt know of Bruce Smith as an NFL player?!?

10 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I have sure they know who they are especially if they are on the Bills. Their pictures and jerseys are everywhere at 1 Bills Drive. And who doesnt know of Bruce Smith as an NFL player?!?

Plenty of these players can’t even identify which teams play in which divisions, not a stretch to imagine they don’t know who Bruce Smith is.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I wonder if Von Miller knows in some states it is illegal to record phone calls without other party's permission?

I'm sure his people received clearance from Josh before putting the video together. Other than that, it was just his agent, his dad, and all we heard from the McVay call was Von's side of it. For all we know, Von may have told Josh on the call that he was being video recorded. 

Fun video. I liked hearing that his dad was really advocating for Buffalo. Josh Allen is a real draw for free agents, but also just the entire organization and the respect that they have built up over the last few years. Buffalo is one of the most respected organizations in the league now, and that is apparent.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

First player I've ever heard talk about doing research on a franchise before he was drafted and then saying "huge fan of Bruce Smith, huge fan of Cornelius Bennett". Most of the guys on our team RIGHT NOW don't know who those players are.

There was that video that Von did with Bruce a few years ago, so we know it isn't just him researching before he signed with Buffalo. He has been a fan of Bruce Smith for a long time. Maybe that started when he thought he would be drafted by Buffalo, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. I liked his quote "I've always had a little Buffalo Bill in my blood."

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

Pretty obvious after that video that the main reason he came here was because of the money. Which is totally fine as long as he produces. My concern is how he does as the focal point on a line with no other legit pass rush threat other than maybe Ed Oliver. He's not the Von Miller of 2015.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Pretty obvious after that video that the main reason he came here was because of the money. Which is totally fine as long as he produces. My concern is how he does as the focal point on a line with no other legit pass rush threat other than maybe Ed Oliver. He's not the Von Miller of 2015.

Yeah, that video didn't give me the warm fuzzies it gave everyone else.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Hilarious that after the call with his agent when he learns the Buffalo offer details, he sees it's 11:11 am, like a sign of the stars aligning or something. It's become a well-documented part of the toxic digital playbook to text exes and crushes at 11:11, 12:12, 12:34, etc., so that they read into the timing. His agent did that for us. 

19 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Really wild. Von's video diary of going through the process of Free Agency and ultimately signing with the Bills from his YouTube page. Includes him talking to Josh Allen on the phone, his dad telling him to go to Buffalo, and him saying goodbye to Sean McVay.

Bean you son of a ***** you did it !!!!

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This dude is a true star. What a great presence to have on the team.

And I loved hearing Josh playing it cool on the phone. Such a smooth operator. 

Nailed it!

BUT, it felt like he was gonna cry that he had to leave LA. I suspect he will love what the Bills team and fans offer in many ways, and after he collects all those dollars LA is more likely to be in his future than WNY.  (I’m NOT blaming him.) 

He will be a serious pro, but he came off as disappointed and going for the money, IMO.

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Do you think if dolphins would have offered 2 million a year more Von would be a dolphins today? 

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

BUT, it felt like he was gonna cry that he had to leave LA. I suspect he will love what the Bills team and fans offer in many ways, and after he collects all those dollars LA is more likely to be in his future than WNY.  (I’m NOT blaming him.) 

He will be a serious pro, but he came off as disappointed and going for the money, IMO.

I would say money AND legacy with the whole "win the SB with 3 teams" potential.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I don't think he just came here for the money. He even said to McVay, it wasn't all about the money. He'd have taken a little less to stay with them. It was the money AND the fact that we're a Super Bowl favorite. He couldn't pass up the money and the opportunity to be the only player in NFL history to win 3 rings with 3 different squads.

He seems to be a very deep person who obviously really loved being a Ram. He probably thought he wasn't going to leave there. So it was difficult for him to have to turn his back on them after publicly saying he wanted to run it back. I don't blame him for that.

I also think part of it is he doesn't want his Rams fans and family to think he doesn't care and he just left for the money. He wanted to show them he did care about them. By acting in this fashion it changes the narrative from "screw you Von" to "aw we loved you too Von, we're rooting for you even though you're no longer here".

And honestly, even if he did just come for the money (which I don't believe is the case), I wouldn't really care. Because he's not the type of player to take the money and not put in the work. He's an all timer when it comes to preparation and production. And to me, having that is all that matters to me.

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This dude is a true star. What a great presence to have on the team.

And I loved hearing Josh playing it cool on the phone. Such a smooth operator. 

Nailed it!

Yeah, I don't think we've ever had a Buffalo Bill who's been on Dancing with the Stars and Saturday Night Live. He's a next level Superstar.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.