Video: Von Miller Behind the Scenes of Free Agency

Really wild. Von's video diary of going through the process of Free Agency and ultimately signing with the Bills from his YouTube page. Includes him talking to Josh Allen on the phone, his dad telling him to go to Buffalo, and him saying goodbye to Sean McVay.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 21

Great watch, thanks for posting.

The only slightly negative takeaway I have is that his (and his agents) reaction to the deal offered by the Bills suggests we may have been able to save a few $ and offer a bit less.  However that may have opened the door for Cleveland/Dallas/LA so maybe not.

And yes ... his dad is a legend already!

Edited by NI Bills Fan

Props to dad for seeing things clearly. It was the smart decision. 

2 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

The only slightly negative takeaway I have is that his (and his agents) reaction to the deal offered by the Bills suggests we may have been able to save a few $ and offer a bit less.  However that may have opened the door for Cleveland/Dallas/LA so maybe not.

We can be competitive with the Jamison Crowders and Duke Johnsons of the world, but for superstars we have to pay the Buffalo tax. 

The dude just came from LA/Bahamas/Miami to cold, lonely, and barren OP for a photo op. We needed to offer more than Dallas and LA. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Props to dad for seeing things clearly. It was the smart decision. 

We can be competitive with the Jamison Crowders and Duke Johnsons of the world, but for superstars we have to pay the Buffalo tax. 

The dude just came from LA/Bahamas/Miami to cold, lonely, and barren OP for a photo op. We needed to offer more than Dallas and LA. 

yes, fair point, I'm really just nitpicking.  The main thing is we got him, now... LFG!!

This just goes to show the polar opposite view of Buffalo now, with Josh Allen, than 5 years ago. Hitting on a legit superstar QB changes everything. I can't wait for the 2022 season to get here. This team is something special. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

yes, slightly overpaid, but Von knows this, and knows there is only one reason the  Bills made this offer.  I think the overpayment will increase Von’s level of commitment to extend his HOF career and be worth it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Bills just offered what Chandler Jones got so it's likely another team would have ended up at that same amount.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

In some alternate world Von Miller is having a press conference telling why he wants to go to Cleveland Browns.

His agent said Cleveland was interested and he did not say "No way, not interested in playing there but if you can use them like Deshaun Watson's douche rag to get a better offer with Rams I am okay."

3 hours ago, Lost said:

Bills just offered what Chandler Jones got so it's likely another team would have ended up at that same amount.

Yeah, using Jones' contract as a benchmark, it's virtually the same deal.  What would be the quibble over, $500K less per year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.